The Official Lethbridge Golden Seals Thread!

On a weekend that saw several teams make big moves to establish themselves as contenders for the FCHL crown, Golden Seals GM Dubey released a statement today amidst a mass uproar from the team's fan base stemming from an underperforming team and a complete lack of activity from management."everybody needs to calm down. We do not have any deals on the table, nor do we plan to make any drastic changes to our roster in the coming weeks. Keep in mind folks, that we are still hanging out in the top 5 in the standings, despite a slow start from marquee players like Zach Parise, Eric Staal, Ales Hemsky, Ryan Getzlaf, and the fact that Stamkos only seems to score on non game nights. Not to mention key injuries to our defensive core, including Mike Green, kris Letang, Zbynek Michalek, Michael Rozsival, Joni Pitkanen and superstar Corey potter. I believe that when the dust settles at the end of the year, we will still be competing for the regular season championship, and be in a very good position to repeat as FCHL champions. All I ask from our loyal and devoted fanbase is a little bit of trust, and a little bit of patience. Thank you."

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wow, you threw my own life motto right back at my face. well done.

News Release: February 7th, 2013   The Lethbridge Golden Seals have anounced 2 major trades in the last week.   Golden Seals acquire F Vincent Lecavalier from the Douchegators in exchange for Ales

I don't always reply to a post without quoting it, but when I do, I prefer it to be the first post on a new page.     /leastinterestingmanintheworld

• 1 year later...

News Release: January 28th, 2013

The Lethbridge Golden seals are proud to anounce the signings of several new members of the Organization. Bobby Ryan has been signed to a 1 year deal worth $10.50. Bobby could not be reached for comment. The Anaheim Mighty ducks did leave this note on our official team e-mail this morning: "If you see Bobby Ryan, let us know where the hell he went. Tell him the season has started and he can show up any time he feels like it.".

The Seals were also able to lock up Teemu Selanne to a 1 year deal worth $5. Golden Seals GM Dubey had this to say regarding Selanne. "This guy is incredible, I have no doubt he will be a Golden Seal for a long, long time". Selanne responded via his PR rep this morning. "This guy knows it's a keeper league, right? I'm gone after this year, like literally gone. outta here, never returning. Teaching pre-school, catching fish etc.."

In another major signing, the Seals are happy to welcome back Daniel Sedin. Sedin's impressive play in the last few years earned him a healthy pay raise, to $15.50, up from $4 last year. "I didn't even want him, to be honest, I was just bidding up the newmarket Hurricanes, but I think the price was right!" Said Dubey following the auction. When reached for comment, Sedin responded, " He actually said that? I don't believe it. Who are you? Is this even a real league? why did my Agent agree to this interview?"

The organization has sent an IRC transcript of the draft results to Jake Muzzin, commemorating his first ever selection onto a Fantasy team. "Nice!" he responded via a phone call this morning. "I hope I went for a lot!"

In other news, we had a strange posting on the Official team facebook page today.

The year 2007: "Hey, Dion Phaneuf for only $6.50? Awesome!"

We aren't really sure what this means, but we agree! What a steal!

lmao. That was very good.

About 4? years ago, this guy joined one of my keeper pools, friend of a friend. First entry draft, he took Jake Muzzin with his last pick, and I was suprised he pulled out a guy I never heard of. (It was a very shallow entry draft, only 30players). When I asked him who is this guy, I think he said....."no idea, I was looking at another LA Kings player, saw the name, liked it, figured why not"

Should I be this amused by the fact that you spent $15.50 on two guys that play for Anaheim? They of the 25 FCHL appearances this season, as opposed to 41 for league-leading Carolina?

See, this is why I don't trash talk...once I start I can't stop. :)

=( See, # of FCHL appearances is like.. level 3 research. I'm more of a level 1 research kinda guy ("Bobby Ryan bitches!!!")

Oh. Well in that case....hey! Bobby Ryan bitches!

How is it, every year, Anaheim gets 'screwed' in the FCHL/AHL schedule? We need to start a letter writing campaign.

I don't know why it works out that way but it's literally been every single year since league inception that they've had the worst number of games played.

Should I be this amused by the fact that you spent $15.50 on two guys that play for Anaheim? They of the 25 FCHL appearances this season, as opposed to 41 for league-leading Carolina?

See, this is why I don't trash talk...once I start I can't stop. :)

Beats spending $16 on one guy from Anaheim

I don't know why it works out that way but it's literally been every single year since league inception that they've had the worst number of games played.

Not true, the first year I did the schedule, it was Vancouver by a mile... Anaheim was in the second lowest grouping, but not too far off average, if at all.

opening night roster looks like:

UFA Ales Hemsky EDM F 5.25

. UFA Stamkos, Steven TBL F 5.00 5.50 6.00

. UFA Sharp, Patrick CHI F 2.50

. UFA Setoguchi, Devin MIN F 1.25 1.25

. UFA Simmonds, Wayne PHI F 0.50 0.50 0.50

. UFA Steen, Alexander STL F 0.50

. UFA Cooke, Matt PIT F 0.25 0.25

. UFA LaRose, Chad CAR F 0.25 0.25

. RFA Sedin, Daniel VAN F 15.50

. RFA Ryan, Bobby ANA F 10.50

. RFA Selanne, Teemu ANA F 5.00

. RFA Clowe, Ryane SJS F 1.75

. RFA Nielsen, Frans NYI F 1.00

. RFA Legwand, David NAS F 0.75

. RFA Aucoin, Keith NYI F 0.50

. RFA Fedotenko, Ruslan PHI F 0.25

. RFA Connolly, Tim TOR F 0.25

. UFA Burns, Brent SJS D 3.75

. UFA Potter, Corey EDM D 1.00 1.00

. RFA Phaneuf, Dion TOR D 6.00

. RFA Kostka, Mike TOR D 1.50

. RFA Shattenkirk, Kevin STL D 1.00

. RFA Tyutin, Fedor CLB D 0.75

. RFA Muzzin, Jake LAK D 0.25

. RFA St. Louis Blues STL G 3.75

. RFA Pittsburgh Penguins PIT G 0.75

Lineup for tonights game:

F - Setoguchi

F - Simmonds

F - Bobby RYan

F - Teemu Selanne

F - Ryan Clowe

F - Steven STamkos

D - Dion Phaneuf

D - Mike Kostka

D - Fedor TYutin

Pittsburgh goalies vs NYI

• 2 weeks later...

News Release: February 7th, 2013

The Lethbridge Golden Seals have anounced 2 major trades in the last week.

Golden Seals acquire F Vincent Lecavalier from the Douchegators in exchange for Ales Hemsky and a 1st round pick

Seals GM Dubey had this to say regarding the deal: "You know, I've hated Hemsky for a long time. This year he finally seems to be over his health issues and is starting to look like the player he was a few years ago. A point per game monster with dazzling speed and incredible hands. But you know what? I'm the boss of this operation and F*** that guy, F*** him, he's gone, poof"

In related news, Hemsky, finally freed from having to ride in the cargo compartment of the Bus on Team road trips, has responded with 3 points in 2 games since the trade. Lecavalier has appeared in one game for the Seals, registering zero points.

Golden Seals Acquire Forward Jarome Iginla and Defenseman Dan Girardi from the Whalers in Exchange for Corey Potter, Devin Setoguchi, Ruslan Fedotanko, and Farm Hands Ryan Murphy and Jonathon Blum.

Dubey on the impact players he acquired: "You know, after the auction, we really looked at the team that we had, and asked ourselves, how can we improve? The answer from the management team was unanimous: :"our defense sucks, we really need more defensemen. Why did you pay so much for Dion Phaneuf? Who ate the last apple fritter" I've always thought Iggy would make a great D man. so that's what we are going to do, we're moving him to defense. I haven't checked the rules, but I'm pretty sure this is allowed."

Dubey on the downfall of Corey Potter: "At the end of the day, I think the thing with Corey was, that I mockingly referred to him as "superstar Corey Potter" so many times, I think I actually started to believe it was true. The fact is, there was no downfall of Corey Potter, he was never any good. I literally have no idea why I signed him for 2 years. He is a terrible hockey player and I'm not sure he is that great of a human being, I wish him all the best."

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

News Release, March 19th, 2013

Lethbridge Golden seals ride positive variance into first place overall

Golden Seals' perfect mixture of saavy veterans and experienced old guys dominating league

editor's note: Dubey made us put that headline on there, he is the boss.

GM note: Editor has been fired, how do I erase that first headline?

With a stunning double header victory last night, the Golden Seals are now alone in the top spot in the FCHL, with a 4 point cushion over the 2nd place Blindsides. This is coming on the heels of a 9 game winning streak in which their opponents have scored a grand combined total of 2 (two) pool points. When asked what the key to his team's success these past few weeks, Dubey had this to say:

"It comes down to experience. WHen you have seasoned vets like Iginla, David Legwand, Zdeno Chara, Mike Kostka and Keith Aucoin, it really helps in the dressing room. I know I can send out rookies like Dion Phaneuf and Patrick Sharp (editor's note: ?) and be confident in the fact that they have been properly mentored to handle tough situations. I do realize that there have been a lot of experts that have said this team is too old to compete, and that's why I traded Teemu Selanne for young 19 yeard old power forward Joffrey Lupul at the deadline (editor's note: nope...) Teemu was old, and old is good, but I was hearing reports that he was only showing up for like half the games? wtf, right?(sic)."

With just 9 games remaining in the regular season, only time will tell if the Golden Seals can continue their winning ways and secure a 2nd regular season championship and overall FCHL title in the last 3 years.

• 5 months later...

Lethbridge. August 21st, 2013

News Release

Dubey, the Golden Seals General manager, Owner, Spokesperson, head of PR, Head of Scouting Department, and all around decent guy, finalized his off-season transactions early Wednesday Morning.

Earlier this Summer, Zdeno Chara signed a lucrative three year contract with the Seals that was set to pay him six dollars and fifty cents per season until 2015/2016. As the tallest member of the management team, Dubey was given the task of hand delivering a note to Chara's house wednesday morning that read simply: "Just Kidding". As per team policy, details of the altercation that followed were not made public. Dubey hopes to have his right arm functioning properly again by the September 8th Free agent auction.

The Golden Seals also offered unconditional release to RFAs Jarome Iginla, VIncent Lecavalier and Dion Phaneuf, and released farm hands Brian Lee and Thomas Hickey.

Golden Seals 2013/2014 roster - pre auction.

Steven Stamkos - $5.50

Wayne Simmonds - $0.50

Matt Cooke - $0.25

Micheal Ryder - $3.50

Ryan Clowe - $1.75

Frans Nielsen - $1

David Legwand - $0.75

Matt Frattin - $0.50

Brendan Gallagher - $0.50

Kevin Shattenkirk - $1.25

Fedor Tyutin - $1

Jake Muzzin - $0.25

total: 13 players $16.75

Cap Space: $63.75

Available: $46.75

• 3 weeks later...

New* Golden Seals:

Keith yandle: $7.25

Shea Weber: $9

Zdeno Chara $5.25

Daniel Sedin $8.25

Brent Burns: $5

Vincent Lecavalier: $4.25

Boston Goalies: $2.50

St. Louis Goalies: $2

PM Bouchard: $1

Andrew Cogliano: $1

Wade Redden: $.25

Scott Gomez: $.25

Ian White: $.25

Pretty happy with my auction. I was really focusing on getting players from teams who are playing in a lot of FCHL games with my expensive pickups. I did that, with the exception of D Sedin, who I didn't really want, but I did get him for about half of his salary from last year. For goalies, I wanted 2 out of: Boston, Nashville and St. Louis. I did that without completely rbeaking the bank, though I probably have the most expensive (and also the best) goaltending tandem in the league.

I also managed to get back a few guys that I couldn't afford to keep, but still liked, on cheaper salaries than I released them from. Lecavalier, Chara, stl goalies.

my 25 cent guys are pretty lol worthy, and exposed my crappy research on depth players/sleepers.

New* Golden Seals:

Keith yandle: $7.25

Shea Weber: $9

Zdeno Chara $5.25

Daniel Sedin $8.25

Brent Burns: $5

Vincent Lecavalier: $4.25

Boston Goalies: $2.50

St. Louis Goalies: $2

PM Bouchard: $1

Andrew Cogliano: $1

Wade Redden: $.25

Scott Gomez: $.25

Ian White: $.25

Pretty happy with my auction. I was really focusing on getting players from teams who are playing in a lot of FCHL games with my expensive pickups. I did that, with the exception of D Sedin, who I didn't really want, but I did get him for about half of his salary from last year. For goalies, I wanted 2 out of: Boston, Nashville and St. Louis. I did that without completely rbeaking the bank, though I probably have the most expensive (and also the best) goaltending tandem in the league.

I also managed to get back a few guys that I couldn't afford to keep, but still liked, on cheaper salaries than I released them from. Lecavalier, Chara, stl goalies.

my 25 cent guys are pretty lol worthy, and exposed my crappy research on depth players/sleepers.

I have LA ($2) and Columbus ($.75) so I would give you a slight edge but my coverage is excellent including 20/21 playoff games