• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something we agree on, except I don't think it stems from mysticism. I thought it had to do with hygiene, but since it's no longer 200 BC and we have showers and soap now, the hygiene issue is completely moot. I think that's similar to the reason for bans on shellfish and pork. The shellfish one makes particular sense, considering how many people are allergic or become allergic to shellfish, and the lack of medical knowledge just made a ban not only sensible but almost obvious...I'm kind of making a huge assumption there though, and I am anything but a religious or cultural scholar.
a lot of people say it promotes hygiene (especially jews), but evolution proves otherwise. if having more skin on your penis was in any way a disadvantage to living healthily, especially in childhood, that trait would have been selected against. as it is, its pretty obvious that it was selected for, because practically everyone has foreskin to my knowledge. foreskin PROTECTS the penis, as an eyelid protects the eye. is it more sanitary to have a sensitive and delicate opening of the body completely exposed?the people who started circumcision however long ago didn't know shit about hygiene in any case, so i dont buy that.
a lot of people say it promotes hygiene (especially jews), but evolution proves otherwise. if having more skin on your penis was in any way a disadvantage to living healthily, especially in childhood, that trait would have been selected against. as it is, its pretty obvious that it was selected for, because practically everyone has foreskin to my knowledge. foreskin PROTECTS the penis, as an eyelid protects the eye. is it more sanitary to have a sensitive and delicate opening of the body completely exposed?the people who started circumcision however long ago didn't know shit about hygiene in any case, so i dont buy that.
Wait, iss having one's penis infected through non-sexual activity a problem that should be relevant to the discussion?
wat
Apparently my sentence came out nowhere close to the point I was trying to make. Also, I spelled "is" with two s's. I meant to ask, "How common are infections that could potentially be related to foreskin or not having foreskin."
You're just saying that because Italians are basically Jews, without the math.
Guilty. But seriously, the half of my honeymoon that I spent in Italy was probably the best six days of my life.
  • 3 weeks later...
"We feel tied to Christian values. Those who don't accept them don't have a place here," said the chancellor.Okay fucking Hitler. Seriously though, she's not even gonna give a shout out to Judeo-Christian values? Fucking cunt fuck shit whore. Sorry but those are the only words I can think of.
Germany has Europe's third-largest Jewish population (after France and the United Kingdom).[86]
According to organizational reportings based on projections in 2008 about 34.1% Germans have no registered religious denomination. According to a poll by Der Spiegel magazine, 45% believe in God, and just a quarter in Jesus Christ.[80]
Seriously, what a slut that bitch is.

Honestly though, I get as annoyed as anybody else when people compare Bush or Obama to Hitler, but when you're the Chancellor of Germany and you basically say, 'Hey, enough with these Muslims amirite?' I mean...fuck.

Read the rest of the article?
Yes I did. Did I miss something, other than that a lot of Germans agree with her?
Nearly 60 percent of the 2,411 people polled thought the around four million Muslims in Germany should have their religious practices "significantly curbed."
"Islam is part of Germany "
Her sentence about "like it or leave" isn't join it or leave. Its about the radical ones who disdain it.Germany tried for the American model and failed; now they need to start integrating immigrants, encourage them to speak German.People will probably misinterpret her "learn German without an accent" but she just meant that children immigrants should learn it from day one instead of Turkish kids not being allowed to socialize with German kids and not learning the language. Which happens.
People will probably misinterpret her "learn German without an accent"
That wasn't her, it was the President of Turkey. I'm not sure where to go with this conversation. I just thought that some of what she said sounded a bit...unwelcoming, if not flat-out prejudiced.

I kind of side with Tim here, Germany still has about another 25 years before they get to say anything remotely racist and or nationalist.They are like the guy in the group who cheated on one of the other guy's wife. He can hang out, but keep your mouth shut and buy the beer or cigars as it were.

They are like the guy in the group who cheated on one of the other guy's wife. He can hang out, but keep your mouth shut and buy the beer or cigars as it were.
Strange example to use. I'm guessing there is a good back story to this one. Do tell.
Strange example to use. I'm guessing there is a good back story to this one. Do tell.
Come on, we all wanted to screw France.Germany beat us to it.Now France is soiled..unattractive except for making us food.My life is boring; faithful and happily married to my wife for 23+ years. Still in love.
Come on, we all wanted to screw France.Germany beat us to it.Now France is soiled..unattractive except for making us food.My life is boring; faithful and happily married to my wife for 23+ years. Still in love.
I just figured there was some guy in your group buying free beer and cigars for everyone....for what its worth, I'm about equally "boring". 20+ years and counting.

I know I'm really late to this party, but France's decision probably doesn't surprise too many people that know of the country's nationalistic history. They've never really been fond of Muslims or anyone that doesn't conform to their strict idea of what it is to be "French."FWIW