Happy Birthday Barack

Seriously?Were you actually alive during the Bush/Cheney Presidency (Much less Bush/Quayle)? Did you hear how the Liberals and media spoke of our president and VP? Seriously? It ain't easy running this Country? Really? You're telling me you NEVER called Bush stupid (or worse) during his Presidency, you waited - like a good American - until after he was out of office to ridicule him. I'll call BS on that.
yes i did think he was an idiot, a moron, and the worst president ever. but i didn't waste days and days on internet forums making up conspiracy theories on anything he did. like i said, i didn't like the guy, but he was our leader, and i supported him. and i admit that i ridiculed him, but i didn't say anything like he was hitler, or he was behind 9/11 or anything like that. AND, Clintion was far from a perfect president. he made many, many huge mistakes, and dumb ones. it goes both ways.
So you admit that Obama used to be a devote Muslim?Probably when he was attending fundamentalist muslim school while growing up in Indonesia?Worst president in history?You obviously haven't been paying attention to the last 18 months.
you were obv in a coma from 2000-2008. do you REALLY believe that? actually, i have no idea what is going through your head. ive read a post you've made saying that 98% of what the bible says is true and happened. if you do believe that, you need to be institutionalized.
LOL 18 months into his presidency and half of conservatives won't admit that Obama is an American citizen......and BG tries to argue that liberals are the haters who can't lose with grace. :club:
you can't argue with people who are blinded by their stupidity and beliefs.
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we should have picked a community activist that had never accomplished anything
Obama was an Illinois State Senator for 8 years,
With Jones' support, Obama helped pass a sweeping law that banned most gifts from lobbyists and personal use of campaign funds by state legislators.[24]During his first years as a state senator, Obama was a co-sponsor of a bill which re-structured the Illinois welfare program into the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. He was also involved in various pieces of legislation which established a $100 million Earned Income Tax Credit for working families, increased child care subsidies for low-income families, and required advance notice before mass layoffs and plant closings.
In January 2003, after six years on the committee and four years as its minority spokesman, Obama became chairman of the Health and Human Services Committee. The new Democratic majority allowed Obama to write and pass more legislation than in previous years. He sponsored successful efforts to expand children's health care, create a plan to provide equal health care access for all Illinois residents, and create a "Hospital Report Card" system, and worker's rights laws that protected whistleblowers, domestic violence victims, equal pay for women, and overtime pay.[32] His most public accomplishment was a bill requiring police to videotape interrogations and confessions in potential death penalty cases. Obama was willing to listen to Republicans and police organizations and negotiate compromises to get the law passed.
and then a US Senator for 4 years.
Obama held assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations;[20] Health, Education, Labor and Pensions; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs; and Veterans' Affairs, and he was a member of the Congressional Black Caucus.[21] He was a chairman of the Subcommittee on European Affairs.
In 2005, he cosponsored the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act introduced by Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).[25] He later added three amendments to the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act, which passed the Senate in May 2006, but failed to gain majority support in the U.S. House of Representatives.[26] In September 2006, Obama supported a related bill, the Secure Fence Act, authorizing construction of fencing and other security improvements along the United States–Mexico border.[27] President Bush signed the Secure Fence Act into law in October 2006, calling it "an important step toward immigration reform."
Obama successfully introduced two initiatives bearing his name. Lugar-Obama expands the Nunn-Lugar cooperative threat reduction concept to conventional weapons, including shoulder-fired missiles and anti-personnel mines.[30][31][32] The Lugar-Obama initiative subsequently received $48 million in funding.[33] The Coburn-Obama Transparency Act provides for the web site USAspending.gov, managed by the Office of Management and Budget. The site lists all organizations receiving Federal funds from 2007 onward and provides breakdowns by the agency allocating the funds, the dollar amount given, and the purpose of the grant or contract.[34] Obama and Coburn also collaborated on repeated efforts to end the abuse of no-bid contracting in the aftermath of natural disasters.[35] In December 2006, President Bush signed into law the Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act, marking the first federal legislation to be enacted with Obama as its primary sponsor.
In August 2005, he traveled with Richard Lugar to Russia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan. The trip focused on strategies to control the world's supply of conventional weapons, biological weapons, and weapons of mass destruction as a first defense against potential terrorist attacks.
He joined Chuck Schumer (D-NY) in sponsoring S. 453, a bill to criminalize deceptive practices in federal elections, including fraudulent flyers and automated phone calls, as witnessed in the 2006 midterm elections.[42] Obama's energy initiatives scored pluses and minuses with environmentalists, who welcomed his sponsorship with John McCain (R-AZ) of a climate change bill to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by two-thirds by 2050, but were skeptical of his support for a bill promoting liquefied coal production.
Later in 2007, Obama sponsored with Kit Bond (R-MO) an amendment to the 2008 Defense Authorization Act adding safeguards for personality disorder military discharges, and calling for a review by the Government Accountability Office following reports that the procedure had been used inappropriately to reduce government costs.[46] He sponsored the Iran Sanctions Enabling Act supporting divestment of state pension funds from Iran's oil and gas industry,[47] and joined Chuck Hagel (R-NE) in introducing legislation to reduce risks of nuclear terrorism.[48] A provision from the Obama-Hagel bill was passed by Congress in December 2007 as an amendment to the State-Foreign Operations appropriations bill.[48] Obama also sponsored a Senate amendment to the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) to provide one year of job protection for family members caring for soldiers with combat-related injuries.[49] After passing both houses of Congress with bipartisan majorities, SCHIP was vetoed by President Bush in early October 2007, a move Obama said "shows a callousness of priorities that is offensive to the ideals we hold as Americans."
In 2005 and again in 2007, Time magazine named him one of the world's most influential people.
Wanna give me a list of Bush's accomplishments pre-presidency and compare? Or if you want I can just get you some ketchup and mustard so you can eat your words.
Wanna give me a list of Bush's accomplishments pre-presidency and compare? Or if you want I can just get you some ketchup and mustard so you can eat your words.
Governor, Texas Rangers, Ranch. Your argument is looking prettay prettay dumb now, isn't it? ISN'T IT!?

another thing that proves Bush wasn't the best of presidents was he brought religion into his presidency. bush has quoted that god told him to go to war in iraq, and on July 1st, 2000, he declared it to be Jesus day in Texas. thats a little nutty, imo.

you were obv in a coma from 2000-2008. do you REALLY believe that? actually, i have no idea what is going through your head. ive read a post you've made saying that 98% of what the bible says is true and happened. if you do believe that, you need to be institutionalized.
I am surprised you are taking the bait so easily, COME ON!
Obama was an Illinois State Senator for 8 years, and then a US Senator for 4 years.
Actually he was a US senator for 144 days when he started to run, not 4 years.
Bush flew the F-102 Delta Dagger.I listened to a speech by the test pilot for the air force on that plane, it was a brick with stubby wings. But still a complicated fighter jet. Then he went to some crappy college, fixed Texas after Ma Barker almost destroyed the state.Here's the Wiki description of Bush:
Bush successfully sponsored legislation for tort reform, increased education funding, set higher standards for schools, and reformed the criminal justice system. Bush also pioneered faith-based welfare programs and helped make Texas the leading producer of wind powered electricity in the US. As a popular governor, Bush won re-election in a landslide victory with nearly 69 percent of the vote.
yes i did think he was an idiot, a moron, and the worst president ever. but i didn't waste days and days on internet forums making up conspiracy theories on anything he did. like i said, i didn't like the guy, but he was our leader, and i supported him. and i admit that i ridiculed him, but i didn't say anything like he was hitler, or he was behind 9/11 or anything like that. AND, Clintion was far from a perfect president. he made many, many huge mistakes, and dumb ones. it goes both ways.
You say waste..I say informing an uneducated public.
98%?What have I ever said is not true in the Bible that God wrote?
you can't argue with people who are blinded by their stupidity and beliefs.
But you can bait them...
another thing that proves Bush wasn't the best of presidents was he brought religion into his presidency. bush has quoted that god told him to go to war in iraq, and on July 1st, 2000, he declared it to be Jesus day in Texas. thats a little nutty, imo.
I'm sure you heard that Bush said that from a good source..like maybe the Onion?I guess you think Thomas Jefferson was a bad president too.He used to attend church services held in public government buildings while he was president.Just because you have an self-imposed ignorance of reality, don't assume that people who see truth for what it is are nutty.
Obama was an Illinois State Senator for 8 years, and then a US Senator for 4 years. Wanna give me a list of Bush's accomplishments pre-presidency and compare? Or if you want I can just get you some ketchup and mustard so you can eat your words.
I don't because I never once said, inferred or insinuated that Bush was a good president but BG did so there you go.On your beloved Barak Hussein Obama's US Senate attendance:"Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) "has missed the most votes of any Democratic presidential hopeful in the Senate over the last two months, including a vote on an Iran resolution he has blasted Sen. Hillary Clinton for supporting," CNN reported November 2, 2007.[1] Since September 2007, Obama has missed 80 percent of Senate votes.Glenn Thrush reported September 24, 2007, in Newsday "Since January 2007, Obama "has racked up three times as many missed votes" as Hillary Clinton, who has missed 28 votes or 8.3 percent, "according to roll call records."[2]"He's missed 23.7 percent of his votes, according to vote-tracking databases. The issues he did not cast ballots on ranged from the symbolic to the significant, and included measures on abortion, homeland security, bridge safety, foreign aid, the alternative minimum tax and a failed no-confidence vote on Attorney General Alberto Gonzales in June [2007]."Obama has been absent for 82 of his chamber's 346 votes during the current two-year session, a measure of how much time he's been spending in the crucial campaign states of New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina," Thrush wrote.[2]"There's committment for you
most of the "reasonable set of assumptions" I've seen tend to fail to include the loss of faith in the dollar. once we have about $30T in debt by 2020 (I'm making all of these numbers up), it will become virtually impossible to continue to borrow to pay out for social security etc. it will be a crisis, and it will be way more painful than it needs to be, but this is more likely than the "$60T in unfunded liabilities" you see in documentaries like IOUSA coming to fruition.it will be corrected one way or another, as you kinda hinted, and the only choices are mildly or extremely painful. I'd just as soon see it fixed now, before I pay in too much at these ponzi scheme rates...
Congrats! You got a job!?
Is this true, BG? I very disappointed in you. You're going to hell.
On your beloved Barak Hussein Obama's US Senate attendance:
What part of my factual breakdown of Obama's accomplishments implied that I love him? You asserted that he had, "never accomplished anything" before becoming President. That was the part I thought you should eat. Even when I made a list of obvious political accomplishments, you ignored them and started talking about his poor attendance in the US Senate, while blatantly ignoring the 8 years he spent as a state senator.
What part of my factual breakdown of Obama's accomplishments implied that I love him? You asserted that he had, "never accomplished anything" before becoming President. That was the part I thought you should eat. Even when I made a list of obvious political accomplishments, you ignored them and started talking about his poor attendance in the US Senate, while blatantly ignoring the 8 years he spent as a state senator.
Yeah, but that was in IL, THE MOST CORRUPT STATE IN THE UNION!
LOL 18 months into his presidency and half of conservatives won't admit that Obama is an American citizen......and BG tries to argue that liberals are the haters who can't lose with grace. :club:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/08/04/rel10k1a.pdfFor the record, and back to the point, and all the other crap aside, only 42% of U.S. citizens polled say that Obama was "definitely born in U.S."And that's a CNN poll, not Fox News. CNN for Christ's sake.Frankly, I don't think he's a Manchurian Candidate, or a "sleeper Muslim."
And being a state senator is one step above "served on school board for a term." Really, it is a qualification NOT AT ALL. Sarah Palin had that beaten by a country mile. SERIOUSLY.
I don't because I never once said, inferred or insinuated that Bush was a good president but BG did so there you go.On your beloved Barak Hussein Obama's US Senate attendance:"Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) "has missed the most votes of any Democratic presidential hopeful in the Senate over the last two months, including a vote on an Iran resolution he has blasted Sen. Hillary Clinton for supporting," CNN reported November 2, 2007.[1] Since September 2007, Obama has missed 80 percent of Senate votes.Glenn Thrush reported September 24, 2007, in Newsday "Since January 2007, Obama "has racked up three times as many missed votes" as Hillary Clinton, who has missed 28 votes or 8.3 percent, "according to roll call records."[2]"He's missed 23.7 percent of his votes, according to vote-tracking databases. The issues he did not cast ballots on ranged from the symbolic to the significant, and included measures on abortion, homeland security, bridge safety, foreign aid, the alternative minimum tax and a failed no-confidence vote on Attorney General Alberto Gonzales in June [2007]."Obama has been absent for 82 of his chamber's 346 votes during the current two-year session, a measure of how much time he's been spending in the crucial campaign states of New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina," Thrush wrote.[2]"There's committment for you
LOL Big Media is never gonna tell you this.