Ted Forrest Wins $2 Million Weight Loss Prop Bet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive. Of course, $2 million is one hell of an incentive...I've gotta think I could lose 100 pounds in 5 months for $2 million bucks. Sadly, I myself don't have the $2 mill to put up from my side. Or any stupid degenerate richass friends to bet with.

according to the thread on 2+2 matusow is only paying 2k a month, which is ridiculous in all of itself.
Well yeah, where the hell does he get a mill straight all at once?
according to the thread on 2+2 matusow is only paying 2k a month, which is ridiculous in all of itself.
It will only take him 1,000 months to pay him off.83 years.I am fairly certain, unless there are some severe medical advances in the new couple years, that they will both be dead by then.
Well yeah, where the hell does he get a mill straight all at once?
Jspencer hit the nail on the head.
It will only take him 1,000 months to pay him off.83 years.I am fairly certain, unless there are some severe medical advances in the new couple years, that they will both be dead by then.
I don't think this will ever be 'paid' off, as nearly everyone will probably agree that Matusow cannot afford it, but instead he will probably try to cancel out the debt by winning future bets.

pretty crazy. I know how much sacrafice I had to make to lose just 10lbs in 2 months so Ted must have basically fasted. Hope the terms of payment were discussed beforehand, 2k a month is pretty laughable.

Jspencer hit the nail on the head.I don't think this will ever be 'paid' off, as nearly everyone will probably agree that Matusow cannot afford it, but instead he will probably try to cancel out the debt by winning future bets.
Isnt he a FTP 1%er? IIRC they got a 7 figure distribution last year for their share of profits.
Isnt he a FTP 1%er? IIRC they got a 7 figure distribution last year for their share of profits.
^ This.I find it really hard to believe that Mike cannot pay more than $2,000 a month.I also doubt that this "Payment Plan" was discussed before hand.This is how it went down.Mike made the bet thinking he couldn't do it.He did itMike lost the bet and begins saying he wasn't serious.Ted protestsMike says he will pay him 2k a month and he is the bigger man for doing so
^ This.I find it really hard to believe that Mike cannot pay more than $2,000 a month.I also doubt that this "Payment Plan" was discussed before hand.This is how it went down.Mike made the bet thinking he couldn't do it.He did itMike lost the bet and begins saying he wasn't serious.Ted protestsMike says he will pay him 2k a month and he is the bigger man for doing so
And now when Mikey wins any tournament or wins big on High Stakes Poker by booking Hellmuth, Ted will be there with his emancipated hand out.

absolutey nuts to do something that unhealthy to your body2 millie is definitely worth it2k a month is ridicccc not

Agree that this is a pretty sick bet/win...I know from experience just losing 20lbs over a few month period has been extremely tough..considering I was 230 lbs when i lost the 20lbs makes me say wow to what Forrest did.

it's interesting how weight lost , changes the attitude, and makes people feel so much better about themselves. I lost 180 in 14 months and still have a little more to go about another 40-50. The weight lost made a huge difference both physically and mentally. Now I need all my poker pic's with Daniel and the others retaken ;)wtg Ted, perhaps Mikey should lose some too.

And now when Mikey wins any tournament or wins big on High Stakes Poker by booking Hellmuth, Ted will be there with his emancipated hand out.
I think the word you are looking for is emaciated.
it's interesting how weight lost , changes the attitude, and makes people feel so much better about themselves. I lost 180 in 14 months and still have a little more to go about another 40-50. The weight lost made a huge difference both physically and mentally. wtg Ted, perhaps Mikey should lose some too.
You realize, of course, that Ted wasn't a big fat ass to start with and what he did wasn't healthy at all, but, whatever, way to go.

He better watch it doesn't pile back on again. A few years ago I lost 48 pounds over 3 months through exercise and semi decent eating. For whatever reason (i got together with my girlfriend) I stopped and all the weight came back....... with interest.