Degenerate Gambling

The system seems to be most accurate when betting dogs. So today the only real play would be Dallas +5.

Sigh. I wish you posted that before I bet all of them.

Lol

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not clutch.

Glad you won! I'll probably be scalin back the volume for the playoffs, since I never feel too confident on short slates, but we'll see how I feel about my lineup once the weekend rolls around.   Af

At the Pens practice facility and Rick Tochett ends up standing next to me. It took every ounce of self control to not engage him in a conversation about the Rick Tochett Experience.

Posted Images

I feel like Vegas' line would be more accurate, since I usually assume they are super smart and discrepancies would reflect minute differences, like a guy who is not totally healthy or a plane got in late or whatever. Then again, Vegas has to adjust for things like if too much money is on a side or there is a strong (false) public perception...so I have no idea.

It does seem like there should be no reason that a line 4 above is no more or less accurate than 4 below, so overal there would be value in betting a dog in those scenarios.

I feel like Vegas' line would be more accurate, since I usually assume they are super smart and discrepancies would reflect minute differences, like a guy who is not totally healthy or a plane got in late or whatever. Then again, Vegas has to adjust for things like if too much money is on a side or there is a strong (false) public perception...so I have no idea.

It does seem like there should be no reason that a line 4 above is no more or less accurate than 4 below, so overal there would be value in betting a dog in those scenarios.

My true feeling is these are the real lines that Oddsmakers get before they make it public. They will than adjust the line where they think they will get 1 sided action.

I am very excited to follow this in baseball where if a team has a greater than 50% chance to win and is getting plus money I will ride it. Or go the opposite if I feel Vegas is sharper in predicting who will win.

I am still very much on the fence with which way to go but so far it seems like elo knows better.

• Like 1

My true feeling is these are the real lines that Oddsmakers get before they make it public. They will than adjust the line where they think they will get 1 sided action.

I am very excited to follow this in baseball where if a team has a greater than 50% chance to win and is getting plus money I will ride it. Or go the opposite if I feel Vegas is sharper in predicting who will win.

I am still very much on the fence with which way to go but so far it seems like elo knows better.

Very interesting angle. Do they do it for hockey?

Elo NFL predictions were back tested and they "outperformed" Vegas lines, but not by enough to beat the vig.

I think elo can definitely be useful but you also have to know your stuff. For instance, if Steph curry is injured, elo odds will not reflect that whatsoever, whereas Vegas odds will adjust accordingly.

Elo NFL predictions were back tested and they "outperformed" Vegas lines, but not by enough to beat the vig.

I think elo can definitely be useful but you also have to know your stuff. For instance, if Steph curry is injured, elo odds will not reflect that whatsoever, whereas Vegas odds will adjust accordingly.

Thanks Dubey, I am hoping for more info on this system that's why I am posting it. Last 10 days its been on fire for basketball.

so far I have 2 wins, 2 losses.

were the raptors a push for you? I lost, bet365 had them at -9.5. Kerry Joseph missed the free throw with 8sec left to cost me my bet, which was bigger on the Raps then any of the others, so unless I get this next game ill be a loser on the night, though not by much.

cool theory though, and an entertaining night for me of following out of town NBA scores.

I need plays got tonight. Bovado sent me $ and I need to bet $80 more to unlock it all. Up $24. Just been betting crap like LAK over EDM which made my butt clench.

We should go to greektown. You are money

• Like 1

I rarely have fun betting stories.

I had $25 on Bovado from back when it was Bodog and blew through that quickly by betting and poker.

Last week I got an email saying they sent me $10 to play around with so I was excited because I wanted to make some bets. Found out I had 7 days to unlock the bonus by betting $90. So I went all in the first game and second game. Processed to bet 8 times after and only lost 1 $5 bet. Last night I needed to get $22 to unlock it before I lost it. Talked to my betting coach and he went big in Milwaukee ml. I was scared so I put $5 on Pitt, $5 on TB, $5 on NYR and $7 on Milwaukee. I now regret not just putting $22 on a parlay lol.

So I've unlocked it by going 13 out of 14 I believe. I got it up to $62.70. Now it's time to lose it all.

• Like 1

Love to know who your betting coach is!!!

The mtt s on Bovada are pretty soft.

Well you have a bunch of ****ing annoying Canadians talking about your election, so it seems cathartic to bet against a bunch of Canadian NHL teams. Philly, TB, San Jose, Buffalo, Minnesota, LA Kings. All 6 are in action!

You can bet on the Blackhawks too, since they are playing Boston, who's leading scorer is a particularly annoying Canadian.

• Like 1