I wasn't ready for that turn, which I'm sure caused villain to think that AQ/AK is at the bottom of my range now. Critiques? Your move?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 ($8.65)MP3 ($50)CO ($49.25)Button ($109.60)SB ($20)Hero (BB) ($38.65)UTG ($29.90)UTG+1 ($30.95)MP1 ($50.20)Preflop: Hero is BB with ac.gif, kh.gif3 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, 1 fold, Button bets $3, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.50, 1 fold, MP3 calls $2.50Flop: ($9.75) 8h.gif, 9d.gif, ah.gif(3 players)Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button bets $5, Hero calls $5, 1 foldTurn: ($19.75) 7h.gif(2 players)Hero....

reraise PFraise flopraise turnraise river
??? this is full ring/9 handed....i dont mind re-raising prebut the flop? and turn?edit***actually, i either shove or check raise shove on the turn...
??? this is full ring/9 handed....i dont mind re-raising prebut the flop? and turn?edit***actually, i either shove or check raise shove on the turn...
Plus someone to act behind me after i make my flop decision.

Unless we have some tendency we specifically want to exploit in the villain, I like a 3-bet preflop. Our chances of winning unimproved go way up and we don't set ourselves up for difficult decisions later in the hand.

Ok... at FR you should be 3betting the button incredibly wide from the blinds... AK is near the toppest top of that range.I 3bet pre here with KJ+ QTs+ any pair and any AxsI do it with other stuff too but I wouldn't recommend it to people who are new at light 3balls

Ok... at FR you should be 3betting the button incredibly wide from the blinds... AK is near the toppest top of that range.I 3bet pre here with KJ+ QTs+ any pair and any AxsI do it with other stuff too but I wouldn't recommend it to people who are new at light 3balls
even full ring? i can def understand 6 max...but even if the button is the one doing the raising, i really can't see this as a profitable move with anything less than 10/10+ or ak off and better....unless the button is crazy..am i missing something?edit*** i see that you said "at FR"...man i must be missing something..lol

Ninja 3-bets very very widely. To say the least his game doesn't qualify as standard.With that said, you really make the button's life easy when you don't 3-bet AK preflop. You allow him to isolate in position and to take a flop and own you in position. When holding AK you want to lower the SPR. Don't let him see a flop for $3 with $50 behind when you're out of position.edit: effective is only $38...same principle though.

Ninja 3-bets very very widely. To say the least his game doesn't qualify as standard.With that said, you really make the button's life easy when you don't 3-bet AK preflop. You allow him to isolate in position and to take a flop and own you in position. When holding AK you want to lower the SPR. Don't let him see a flop for $3 with $50 behind when you're out of position.edit: effective is only $38...same principle though.
I always had the opposite impression, that by 3-betting with AK we're bloating the pot with a drawing hand OOP, if we get called. SPR?

You don't want to be outplayed. That doesn't just mean being bluffed; it also means stacking off with one pair when your SPR is high. By 3-betting with AK, you get your opponent to make a bigger mistake preflop, and your decisions are simplified postflop. When you do lose with say TPTK to a set, you don't mind it because you're not going to flop TPTK against a set enough to have justified his preflop line. When you don't have as much money behind, you can profitably get it all-in on way more flops than if you don't have much money behind. Now by flatting here, you don't know what to do. If you raise the flop and get additional action, AK is probably behind. If you flat call then you allow villain to play perfectly in position, being able to control the pot size and bet the appropriate cards. Flatting just invites a whole slew of bad lines. Now when you're deeper, it's a bit different.

even full ring? i can def understand 6 max...but even if the button is the one doing the raising, i really can't see this as a profitable move with anything less than 10/10+ or ak off and better....unless the button is crazy..am i missing something?edit*** i see that you said "at FR"...man i must be missing something..lol
Lets take a simple example... say we're playing with .50 / 1 blinds... folds to button who is a standard TAG who has atleast 100BB'sButton raises to $3.50... close enough to the average open.SB foldsYou're in the BB with whatever, who cares. The button has a fold to three bet of say... something low like 65% and a fold to flop c-bet of something low like say 50%You three bet to $9. So it costs you $8 to pick up a $5 pot 2/3s of the time... so right away we profit $2 long term if we were to always check-fold postflop.Now when he calls... if you c-bet slightly over half the pot and it works 50% of the time, you autoprofit as wellSo like... it's not always about going to showdown and having the winning hand... but it takes time to learn and adjust and you can't go too crazy with it or do it in the wrong spots bc people pick up on it...Anyhow... buttons raise wide because they steal... so... RESTEAL DAMNIT
Lets take a simple example... say we're playing with .50 / 1 blinds... folds to button who is a standard TAG who has atleast 100BB'sButton raises to $3.50... close enough to the average open.SB foldsYou're in the BB with whatever, who cares. The button has a fold to three bet of say... something low like 65% and a fold to flop c-bet of something low like say 50%You three bet to $9. So it costs you $8 to pick up a $5 pot 2/3s of the time... so right away we profit $2 long term if we were to always check-fold postflop.Now when he calls... if you c-bet slightly over half the pot and it works 50% of the time, you autoprofit as wellSo like... it's not always about going to showdown and having the winning hand... but it takes time to learn and adjust and you can't go too crazy with it or do it in the wrong spots bc people pick up on it...Anyhow... buttons raise wide because they steal... so... RESTEAL DAMNIT
Note to self, 4 bet bluff ninja widely.
Note to self, 4 bet bluff ninja widely.
I do re-adjust... but yes, this is somewhat the proper re-adjustment to what I'm doing... really though you should just widen your 4-bet/stackoff range. I mean why waste time 4bet bluffing A-7s when you can call the shove correctly with A-J?KJ... I don't recommend 4bet bluffing ANY decent player... just look for ridiculous 3bet numbers like 10+ percent

The button is iso-raising 2 limpers. That alone should make you want to 3bet him with a wide range here since his range can be pretty wide.I'd 3bet preflop all day and then the rest of the hand plays itself.The whole reason to flat AK pre is so that you can trap someone with a weaker ace. Usually having position is best if you're going to be doing this. When you flat here and get that flop, just c/r - what turn cards do you really think you want to see on a board that draw heavy? He's not folding Ax hands and that's why you play AK like you did. OOP though, you really should be 3betting the hand and taking your equity edges preflop since playing out of position sucks so much and it makes it soooooooooooo hard to play the hand optimally, so punish them preflop for having you at a disadvantage positionally.Oh, and buy in full.