A Mosque On The Twin Towers Site?

Really - you two are going to quote the comment section from Fox News? You are grasping for straws..you have no idea who posted that or what their true motives are...I could quote page after page of Huffington Post or Daily Kos comments that are just as idiotic
sounds like page after page of SOME TRUTH.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really - you two are going to quote the comment section from Fox News? You are grasping for straws..you have no idea who posted that or what their true motives are...I could quote page after page of Huffington Post or Daily Kos comments that are just as idiotic
The only point is that these are people's opinions. Don't think I went fishing for these. They are from the first two of three pages I looked at.
I would put zero importance in what is posted in these sections...... on either side of the argument
I put zero importance on anything posted on Huffington Post or Fox News.<-----ahead of the game
We've always been quite scary, but not because of the displays as described in that article. I think you can safely assume that anyone showing up to a civic association meeting to oppose a mosque isn't going to be a very considerate person, not to mention the average IQ in that room was probably pretty low. You're not exactly using an adequate control group to judge 'Americans'.But don't sleep easy just yet; we are definitely motherfuckers, to be sure. Americans at-large have been lulled into apathy with 50 years of bread and circuses, but we're starting to wake up again. This doesn't bode well for certain ridiculous 'groups' PARASITES who have subsisted on our not noticing them, since the masses were preoccupied with trivialities. This is coming to an end, though, and rue the fucking day when Joe Sixpacks anger hits critical mass. We kill shit here and don't care what anyone thinks about that. We kill your people, we kill their people, we even kill our own people. Yes sir, we kill, kill, kill which means that there's lots of dying still left to be done and if your Old Glory isn't waving FAST AND PROUD, you can count yourself amongst the commies due to be dead.
Great post. Who the cap fits, let them wear it...
If you have not figured out by now that conservatives view the group "terrorists" as "all the people in Islamic countries excluding southeast Asia", you have not been paying attention.
I know you are an educated guy, but you post this as tho there is something wrong with it >
I know you are an educated guy, but you post this as tho there is something wrong with it >
it was merely a statement of fact. I think the real problem here (as usual) is the problem is more complicated than we are acknowledging. Muslims from the Middle East and Afghanistan and Pakistan are much more like European Muslims than the left would like to admit. But, for the most part, American Muslims are quite different than Muslims from the Middle East and so forth.Europe is having very real problems with its Muslim population....America is not. So, we should let American Muslims build their mosques and try to keep them on our side because that will be beneficial when dealing with the rise of militant Islam in the Middle East and Europe. No sense pissing off people within our borders unduly; seems like a bad idea to me.
it was merely a statement of fact. I think the real problem here (as usual) is the problem is more complicated than we are acknowledging. Muslims from the Middle East and Afghanistan and Pakistan are much more like European Muslims than the left would like to admit. But, for the most part, American Muslims are quite different than Muslims from the Middle East and so forth.Europe is having very real problems with its Muslim population....America is not. So, we should let American Muslims build their mosques and try to keep them on our side because that will be beneficial when dealing with the rise of militant Islam in the Middle East and Europe. No sense pissing off people within our borders unduly; seems like a bad idea to me.
I hope I am wrong, but im guessing that we are not having the same type of problems europe is having with the muslim population is in part because they havent got there numbers to the point of being a significant percentage of the population AS theyre numbers grow, and as we give in to more and more of there demands, so as to not offend them, they will push harder. I really think that since there is no real need for a mosque on that site, they are just trying to see how far we can be pushed. The middle east is the location of the holiest of holy places for islam. Their americanism will always take a back seat to islam.
I hope I am wrong, but im guessing that we are not having the same type of problems europe is having with the muslim population is in part because they havent got there numbers to the point of being a significant percentage of the population AS theyre numbers grow, and as we give in to more and more of there demands, so as to not offend them, they will push harder. I really think that since there is no real need for a mosque on that site, they are just trying to see how far we can be pushed. The middle east is the location of the holiest of holy places for islam. Their americanism will always take a back seat to islam.
It doesn't look like the comments I posted are any different from your beliefs. Your Us vs. Them mentality (shared by an unfortunate majority) is going to eventually lead to a Holy Nuclear War. Thanks in advance.
It doesn't look like the comments I posted are any different from your beliefs. Your Us vs. Them mentality (shared by an unfortunate majority) is going to eventually lead to a Holy Nuclear War. Thanks in advance.
Nuclear combat, toe to toe with these dogs. Not for the week kneed nor faint of heart. Go USA
I agree with this statement quite a bit, but what I ask myself is this: do they in turn have some responsibility to not piss us off? Or is it just bending over backwards? I agree with you, and I like the sentiment, but it must work both ways, don't you agree?
I really think that since there is no real need for a mosque on that site, they are just trying to see how far we can be pushed.
I think there is no real need aswell. But they own the land, it's a free country, so our opinions to whether or not they really need it are quite irrelevant. If there is no freedom of religion allowed (because I think that's the core subject here) that would be a disaster for any democracy, because today it's the muslims, tomorrow it's the christians and the day after that it might just be everyone else whose freedoms are taken away. If we just show some tolerance here, it might just be a start of a more peacefull future. But in the words of Ozzy Osbourne "I'm just a dreamer, I dream my life away".
Hahahaha someone should get the guy that does the Cartman voice in South Park to sing this song :DThe first line did it for me "We got freedom of religion I understand, but ground zero is one location where a Mosque shouldn't stand". That guy obviously doesn't understand freedom of religion, nor is he any good at creative rhyming.The way this ridiculous song and video tries to play on your emotions is disgusting really.
Hahahaha someone should get the guy that does the Cartman voice in South Park to sing this song :DThe first line did it for me "We got freedom of religion I understand, but ground zero is one location where a Mosque shouldn't stand". That guy obviously doesn't understand freedom of religion, nor is he any good at creative rhyming.The way this ridiculous song and video tries to play on your emotions is disgusting really.
you obviously dont understand freedomthey have the right to build it therewe have the right to hate itpeople have the right to be stupid (or smart maybe) and disagree with you
you obviously dont understand freedomthey have the right to build it therewe have the right to hate itpeople have the right to be stupid (or smart maybe) and disagree with you
Ofcourse people have the right to hate & to be stupid, I never said they didn't.The question is where will that lead humanity? I don't think it's a bad thing to try n make people aware of their stupidity & hate, the less of that there is in this world, the more peacefull I think it will be. Allthough I'm starting to get the sense that people are destined to destroy themselves, so I'm pretty sure all the wise men in the world can't change that anymore at this point. Anyway if you really wanna get down to it, hate & stupidity are just perception like everything else. Who are you to tell me I don't understand freedom?
I agree with this statement quite a bit, but what I ask myself is this: do they in turn have some responsibility to not piss us off? Or is it just bending over backwards? I agree with you, and I like the sentiment, but it must work both ways, don't you agree?
I mean, American Muslims have not done anything to America. Do you think the Catholic Church should close any church within a two-three block radius of a victim of molestation? I don't think they have the responsibility to avoid lower Manhattan just because of what Muslims they have next to nothing in common with did.....
You think it's approval I'm after? Think again. I'm merely sharing opinions, and yes, sometimes I am not entirely Zen, as was the case last night after a couple of beers. But I mean the way some guys are responding is just sad. Look at the way JJJ is responding for instance, just because it makes no sense to him he defines my words as meaningless. This jeepster dude just tells me noone cares and I'm the most annoying poster on this forum without any relevance to the post I made nor anything backing it up, if anything is without meaning, it's that guys posts. Not to say that I couldn't be the most annoying poster around, that's a title I don't mind carrying anyway.
Sometimes, it's better to stop posting in areas where you're being mocked, criticized, or ignored. If you choose to continue posting, then expect similar responses. FYI, you'll continue to do as you wish. That's why I said you're being annoying. You could actually post more (content!) by posting less. It's easy enough for me to ignore your posts though, so carry on.Also, you don't make any sense.
Also, you don't make any sense.
To you... And if I didn't feel such an incredible disrespect from you I might be inclined to respond in a more serious way. Anyway I can explain every single statement I make, so if you have doubts or questions I'll be happy to answer them. That is when they come from a place of genuine interest, not from a place of me having to prove myself to you.Edit: Appearantly it's not that easy for you to ignore me.
I think there is no real need aswell. But they own the land, it's a free country, so our opinions to whether or not they really need it are quite irrelevant. If there is no freedom of religion allowed (because I think that's the core subject here) that would be a disaster for any democracy, because today it's the muslims, tomorrow it's the christians and the day after that it might just be everyone else whose freedoms are taken away. If we just show some tolerance here, it might just be a start of a more peacefull future. But in the words of Ozzy Osbourne "I'm just a dreamer, I dream my life away".
Doyou really believe bin laden just wants a little tolerance from us? Total capitulation to their way of life is their ultimate goal, period.And if you think this is the view of a couple of crazies, ozzie is right.
Doyou really believe bin laden just wants a little tolerance from us? Total capitulation to their way of life is their ultimate goal, period.And if you think this is the view of a couple of crazies, ozzie is right.
This is what makes Al Qaeda in particular so dangerous.....their goal is completely laughable and unattainable.....so they have no reason to do anything but try and cause as much death and destruction as possible. Which is exactly why Obama was 100000% correct to sign that nuclear treaty with Russia by the way. The less nukes the Russkies have lying around under-secured, the less likely Al Qaeda gets a hold of one. Of course, that flew over Sarah Palin's head but Ronald Reagan would agree.