You will do better in the republican party as a homosexual than you ever will in the democrat party as someone against gay marriage.
It's also true that you'd do better in the Republican party as a black person than you would ever do in the Democratic party as an overt racist.What was the point again?
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That the Republican party includes people while the Democrats exclude people.Geez, I thought that was clear.
clearly wrong anyway. One party has a purity test and it isn't the Democrats. One party keeps kicking out moderates and that's the Republicans. Basically, just take everything BG has said and remember the opposite is true. It's like he lives in a world where the last 10 years never happened.
clearly wrong anyway. One party has a purity test and it isn't the Democrats. One party keeps kicking out moderates and that's the Republicans. Basically, just take everything BG has said and remember the opposite is true. It's like he lives in a world where the last 10 years never happened.
The last ten years as explained by the democrat party didn't.The economy wasn't horrible under Bush, the war was necessary, and we did get out, Obama isn't smart, is a failure and the democrat party isn't worthy to lead a cheer leading squad, let alone the United States of America
It's also true that you'd do better in the Republican party as a black person than you would ever do in the Democratic party as an overt racist.What was the point again?
Have to say that this is not true.The democrat party has this guy:
Robert Carlyle Byrd (born Cornelius Calvin Sale, Jr.; November 20, 1917 – June 28, 2010) was a United States Senator from West Virginia. A member of the Democratic Party, Byrd served as a Senator from 1959 to 2010 and was the longest-serving senator and the longest-serving member in the history of the United States Congress.[3][4][5]Initially elected to the United States House of Representatives in 1952, Byrd served there for six years before being elected to the Senate in 1958. He rose to become one of the most powerful members of the Senate, serving as secretary of the Senate Democratic Caucus from 1967 to 1971 and – after defeating his longtime colleague, Edward Kennedy – as Senate Majority Whip from 1971 to 1977. Byrd led the Democratic caucus as Senate Majority Leader from 1977 to 1981 and 1987 to 1989, and as Senate Minority Leader from 1981 to 1987. From 1989 to 2010 he served as the President pro tempore of the United States Senate when the Democratic Party had a majority, and as President pro tempore emeritus during periods of Republican majority beginning in 2001.[6] As President pro tempore, he was third in the line of presidential succession, behind the Vice President and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. He also served as the Chairman of the United States Senate Committee on Appropriations from 1989 to 1995, 2001 to 2003, and 2007 to 2009, giving him extraordinary influence over federal spending.
and I don't now how much more overtly racist you can be than to be the Grand Wizard of the KKK. Other than have the most successful radio talk show program.
The last ten years as explained by the democrat party didn't.The economy wasn't horrible under Bush, the war was necessary, and we did get out, Obama isn't smart, is a failure and the democrat party isn't worthy to lead a cheer leading squad, let alone the United States of America
The economy crumbled like a wet piece of tissue paper under Bush and the war was the opposite of necessary......and of course all of that is irrelevant to the larger point we are arguing.....that you can't make the case the GOP is the party of inclusion when they start inventing purity tests and keep driving moderate members out of the party. Revisionism is fun; you would probably enjoy Glenn Beck's guide to US history that never actually happened.
and I don't now how much more overtly racist you can be than to be the Grand Wizard of the KKK. Other than have the most successful radio talk show program.
Yeah, but he was first elected in 1832, so that doesn't count.And don't call Stern a racist.
The economy crumbled like a wet piece of tissue paper under Bush and the war was the opposite of necessary......and of course all of that is irrelevant to the larger point we are arguing.....that you can't make the case the GOP is the party of inclusion when they start inventing purity tests and keep driving moderate members out of the party. Revisionism is fun; you would probably enjoy Glenn Beck's guide to US history that never actually happened.
Saying that moderate members are being driven out is like saying that pelicans are snappy dressers. It doesn't mean anything because there is no basis to reality behind it.The 'moderate' exodus isn't happening, what is happening is the conservative element of the republican party is letting them know that the moderate stances they have adopted and resulted in our failure to win any elections, or help the country because of it, is no longer going to be accepted.As such the Tea Party movement is the wake up call to the republicans who like idiots, listened to the democrats, who tried to tell us that unless we start acting more like them, we will never win another election. We did, we lost, and so did our economy.In the future, please keep your advice for our party in the stinking bag of bad ideas you guys have for the country. We will run our own party into the ground if you don't mind.
Saying that moderate members are being driven out is like saying that pelicans are snappy dressers. It doesn't mean anything because there is no basis to reality behind it.The 'moderate' exodus isn't happening, what is happening is the conservative element of the republican party is letting them know that the moderate stances they have adopted and resulted in our failure to win any elections, or help the country because of it, is no longer going to be accepted.As such the Tea Party movement is the wake up call to the republicans who like idiots, listened to the democrats, who tried to tell us that unless we start acting more like them, we will never win another election. We did, we lost, and so did our economy.In the future, please keep your advice for our party in the stinking bag of bad ideas you guys have for the country. We will run our own party into the ground if you don't mind.
It's not advice; it's the statement of the obvious fact that you cannot argue the GOP is being more inclusive when they are currently dominated by a movement demanding stronger adherence to conservative doctrine. You guys should keep doing what you are doing. All these tea party candidates will guarantee the Dems lose less seats in November than they should.There is a difference between people leaving voluntarily and people being pushed out....but the end result for our discussion is the same which you know of course.
Heh. That was a very BG-esque reply.
What are you talking about?I presented facts that crushed his little ideas, then he responded with a joke and a mis-direction.I am nothing like that.
“The problem is that conservatives have lost trust in the Republican Party that we will govern as conservatives,” said James Bopp Jr., an Indiana lawyer and one of 168 RNC members who will debate the idea during the party’s winter meeting in January. “And I think that loss of trust is warranted to a certain extent because of the fact that we in the final several years of the Bush administration were supporting increased government, earmarks and, ultimately, bailouts.” At least they've identified the problem. Step two will be to come up with a better idea on fixing it.
It's not advice; it's the statement of the obvious fact that you cannot argue the GOP is being more inclusive when they are currently dominated by a movement demanding stronger adherence to conservative doctrine. You guys should keep doing what you are doing. All these tea party candidates will guarantee the Dems lose less seats in November than they should.
All 10 guys are dominating?Please continue to enlighten us how 10 people saying they would like to see this idea carried out somehow makes your party open to religious people, pro-life people, or people who like lower taxes and smaller government.
“The problem is that conservatives have lost trust in the Republican Party that we will govern as conservatives,” said James Bopp Jr., an Indiana lawyer and one of 168 RNC members who will debate the idea during the party’s winter meeting in January. “And I think that loss of trust is warranted to a certain extent because of the fact that we in the final several years of the Bush administration were supporting increased government, earmarks and, ultimately, bailouts.” At least they've identified the problem. Step two will be to come up with a better idea on fixing it.
for all I know, it is a marvelous idea.....just stating that the GOP is contracting not growing based on stuff like this. Ideological purity might end up being better than the big tent.
Well I'm sure the democrats will offer us some sage advice on ways we should convert our party that they would like us to be.
All 10 guys are dominating?Please continue to enlighten us how 10 people saying they would like to see this idea carried out somehow makes your party open to religious people, pro-life people, or people who like lower taxes and smaller government.
um, that was referring to the tea party not the 10 guys behind that test. GOP establishment candidates are being ousted in primaries left and right. I think Strat's advice was really good.
for all I know, it is a marvelous idea.....just stating that the GOP is contracting not growing based on stuff like this. Ideological purity might end up being better than the big tent.
Uh....we are going to re-take the house and senate this next election.How is that contracting?If it wasn't for the blatant refusal to place this country ahead of their own political power with regards to the immigration debate, the democrat party would probable cease to be politically viable in a couple few years.But being willing to ignore federal laws in order to keep as many undocumented democrats in this country, refusing to maintain voter checks, and now going after the muslim vote over the obvious distasteful thing they are doing shows that you guys are the ones on the ropes, not us.
um, that was referring to the tea party not the 10 guys behind that test. GOP establishment candidates are being ousted in primaries left and right.
but the purity test isn't the idea of the Tea Party, it is the idea of 10 guys.
I think Strat's advice was really good.
What? Don't defend your ideas and instead hide behind fear and stupidity? Oh and that thing about resume cover letters?
Uh....we are going to re-take the house and senate this next election.How is that contracting?If it wasn't for the blatant refusal to place this country ahead of their own political power with regards to the immigration debate, the democrat party would probable cease to be politically viable in a couple few years.But being willing to ignore federal laws in order to keep as many undocumented democrats in this country, refusing to maintain voter checks, and now going after the muslim vote over the obvious distasteful thing they are doing shows that you guys are the ones on the ropes, not us.
Wanna bet?I meant the total # of people who are Republicans is contracting (which it is). They are thriving on anger right now....the country is a mess and whoever is in charge feels the wrath. it's easy to be the opposition party. If you expel moderates, the party will eventually contract. The GOP will of course pick up seats because that is standard when one party gains as much control as the Dems did in 2008.Also, most illegal immigrants don't vote.
Wanna bet?I meant the total # of people who are Republicans is contracting (which it is). They are thriving on anger right now....the country is a mess and whoever is in charge feels the wrath. it's easy to be the opposition party. If you expel moderates, the party will eventually contract. The GOP will of course pick up seats because that is standard when one party gains as much control as the Dems did in 2008.Also, most illegal immigrants don't vote.
I'll take the bet.$100 says we get control of both house and senate in the next election cycle.Bet is off if there is a tie and the scummiest Republican switches sides again to give the democrats control.
I meant the total # of people who are Republicans is contracting (which it is).
Do you think that if the Republican party put up only candidates that would be able to pass the purity test, that more or less people would vote Republican? (I have no idea what the "right" answer is, I'm just curious.)(Also, don't use the idea of the test itself as any part of your basis for your answer.)