I wonder if Enron being one of Bush's top donors had anything to do with the lack of federal oversight while they robbed employees and investors blind?
still waiting for Obama to give back 900,000 + dollars of campaign donations from employees of Goldman
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still waiting for Obama to give back 900,000 + dollars of campaign donations from employees of Goldman
I'm under the assumption that it's already spent. On what planet would someone raise that kind of capital to "give back" money to people they are admonishing?
I wonder if Enron being one of Bush's top donors had anything to do with the lack of federal oversight while they robbed employees and investors blind?
oh my goodness.

Yeah sb, i mean you seem quite intelligent, but you go from intelligent reasoned analysis to nonsense propaganda faster than anyone i've ever seen. You realize enron's Off-BS setup was an extremely complicated fraud perpetrated over a long period of time, starting before bush took office, and the reaction (sarbanes oxley), was about as harsh a kneejerk reaction as possible? I don't have a clue how you think there is a correlation there.

the fix for any accounting fraud: create more jobs for accountantswellllllll played NC
Pretty much my whole Masters class had their pick of firms to work for since i graduated right at the height of sarbanes implementation. A lot of those people got passively laid off over the last couple years as business and the regulators realized that a lot of the regulations that were causing so much extra work and money for the companies they were there to protect were essentially worthless. I did a TON of controls testing my first 2 years. I would say it had some non-zero value in that it helped a lot of companies shore themselves up internally, but most of what was forced on businesses by sarbox on top of a normal audit wouldn't do crap to catch most fraud where collusion is involved (and material fraud basically requires collusion). It definitely wouldn't have caught enron much, if any, earlier than it was caught.

Chill, everyone. I was just replying to BG's nonsense assertion with another one. You all got extremely defensive about that but seem to have accepted his that there is some Google conspiracy. Methinks the Republicans doth protest too much.

Maybe Bush should have given back Henry Paulson, Goldman CEO and Bush Treasury Secretary.Or Richard Shelby (R-AL) should give back the money that makes him the Senate's #1 recipient of Goldman money. What do they think they're buying with a Republican from Alabama?He's on the Senate Banking Committee? Oh. Well, I'm sure they just like his family values.
Chill, everyone. I was just replying to BG's nonsense assertion with another one. You all got extremely defensive about that but seem to have accepted his that there is some Google conspiracy. Methinks the Republicans doth protest too much.
I could understand the need to answer absurdity by being absurd, I mean that's what Rush Limbaugh does so effectively.But I went back and looked and can't find the needed first part...the part where I am wrong, for you to jump to the second part.I mean, the white house did pay Google to make sure that the search for "Goldman Sachs SEC" on their website would make sure that the first link listed was to their own website designed to present the Obama administration's case for their attack on a private company in this country...a company that they were fine taking almost a million dollars from.So I guess until you can show where I am being absurd, than you are just showing yourself to be the knee jerk democrat apologist sheep that you seem to be...This is why women should stick to music and movie with their opinions...they are just out of their league
This is why women should stick to music and movie with their opinions...they are just out of their league
no, just focus on sandwiches. that's the important life skill.
I mean, the white house did pay Google to make sure that the search for "Goldman Sachs SEC" on their website would make sure that the first link listed was to their own website.
Except that it isn't. If you mean sponsored links, yeah, that's kind of how Google (and capitalism) works -- people pay Google to put sponsored links first, in a clearly marked box saying "sponsored links."So your Google conspiracy is either incorrect or based on, shockingly, the usual functioning of Google according to a business plan they've used for years.
So I guess until you can show where I am being absurd, than you are just showing yourself to be the knee jerk democrat apologist sheep that you seem to be...This is why women should stick to music and movie with their opinions...they are just out of their league
Whoever pissed in your cereal, it wasn't me. You used to reserve all the personal maliciousness for Crow. You must miss him. But by all means feel free to pass this viewpoint along to Sarah Palin.
Except that it isn't. If you mean sponsored links, yeah, that's kind of how Google (and capitalism) works -- people pay Google to put sponsored links first, in a clearly marked box saying "sponsored links."So your Google conspiracy is either incorrect or based on, shockingly, the usual functioning of Google according to a business plan they've used for years.
So when the white house paid Google to get their sponsored link ( which is/was done) they got their first hit results.The funny thing was that the vast right wing conspiracy brigade learned about this from radical right wing radio and began clicking the link, which cost the sponsoreeee..(Obama) for everytime they clicked it. As a result, the white house was stuck having to take their sponsoring of the key phrase off line. Because like all the rest of their policies...they never really thought them through.
Whoever pissed in your cereal, it wasn't me. You used to reserve all the personal maliciousness for Crow. You must miss him. But by all means feel free to pass this viewpoint along to Sarah Palin.
Wow, you are being very sensitive..I think maybe deep down you are just reacting to the failure of the democrat party to actually use their power to actually do good things for this country, instead of just destroying the economy and raising taxes on the poor, guaranteeing the next presidential election for the republicans.It's okay..I know the feeling from the other perspective...and will probably know it again.

Oklahoma's state legislature overrode a gubernatorial veto today (84-12) putting a state law on the books that insulates doctors from tort liability if they "knowingly or negligently" mislead a women about her pregnancy.This means you cannot sue your doctor if he knows that your baby has a birth defect but did not tell you because the doctor feared you would abort. Actively encouraging doctors to lie to pregnant women: Oklahoma!

Oklahoma's state legislature overrode a gubernatorial veto today (84-12) putting a state law on the books that insulates doctors from tort liability if they "knowingly or negligently" mislead a women about her pregnancy.This means you cannot sue your doctor if he knows that your baby has a birth defect but did not tell you because the doctor feared you would abort. Actively encouraging doctors to lie to pregnant women: Oklahoma!
Can you sue your doctor if they don't know that the baby will be a democrat feminist and the parents choose not to abort?
Can you sue your doctor if they don't know that the baby will be a democrat feminist and the parents choose not to abort?
In Oklahoma? Probably.
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This guy is too stupid; don't these people know you can't get away with anything anymore?http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/06/r...hich-board.htmlI want to start my own board of whatever and certify myself. Rand Paul is on the right track here, clearly.
He passed the "official" board. But Paul and some others objected to the fact that certain favored doctors never had to take the test, so he started a new certification board that had equivalent standards but required everyone who wanted that certification to actually prove that they deserve it.This was going to be the left's next big hit on Rand Paul, but once the facts came out everyone realized that Paul was correct here, and the old way of giving people passes was ridiculous.
rand paul self-destructed quite nicely. waiting excitedly for the next tea party candidate.
Yeah, he "only" leads 49% to 41%. Horrible how he is doing so terrible, only leading his opponent by slightly more than Obama won his presidency in the popular vote.That tea party really sucks.
Yeah, he "only" leads 49% to 41%. Horrible how he is doing so terrible, only leading his opponent by slightly more than Obama won his presidency in the popular vote.That tea party really sucks.
sure, we'll see how it goes. I do stand by my assessment that the guy's a joke.
Paul campaign manager Jesse Benton confirmed that the pledge is no longer operative, and explained that it was meant for the primary, when Paul was drawing a bright line between himself and Trey Grayson."That contest is won," said Benton. "He won the primary and he didn't take money from senators who backed the bailout. Now they're coming to support him, and he's not going to turn down support from Republicans. They're not looking for a seat at his table. They're supporting him because of his positions, and because of his steadfast commitment to principle."
[emphasis mine]sourceobviously you also have him dodging TV appearances to avoid having to explain his views. I'm sure he had his reasons, but it does the movement no good if he's not willing to articulate when the situation calls for it.and yeah, as long as the tea party is allowing sarah palin to speak at events, I will continue to ridicule them as well. sorry, the woman's record just doesn't sync with what she preaches, and it reflects awfully on anyone who chooses to associate with her.
sure, we'll see how it goes. I do stand by my assessment that the guy's a joke.[emphasis mine]sourceobviously you also have him dodging TV appearances to avoid having to explain his views. I'm sure he had his reasons, but it does the movement no good if he's not willing to articulate when the situation calls for it.and yeah, as long as the tea party is allowing sarah palin to speak at events, I will continue to ridicule them as well. sorry, the woman's record just doesn't sync with what she preaches, and it reflects awfully on anyone who chooses to associate with her.
He has explained himself repeatedly, he is just refusing to play by the MSMs rules. You know, the MSM that treated GWB like an idiot for his actions for 8 years, but now that Obama is doing the EXACT SAME THING, is acting like it's no big deal. So yeah, Paul's big mistake was to believe that the media would treat him fairly. His lesson has been learned, and now he's doing it the way everyone else does. Daddy Ron P seems to be the only one who can speak him mind and get away with it.If you actually listen to Rand Paul's controversial statements, they are not that bad: the notion that free speech and property rights should take priority over equality of results is hardly radical, and in fact, for much of our history, any other position would've been treated with contempt. Having said that, Rand made a mistake by sticking with ideological purity instead of pointing out that the overwhelming majority of the discrimination prior to the civil rights movement was *caused by* and *enforced by* the government. It was private businesses that were leading the fight to end discrimination, while state and local legislatures were attempting to enforce segregation.As for the tea party, it's not just one group; it's a lot of little groups with similar goals. Last I heard, only a small minority of self-proclaimed tea partiers support Palin. It just happens that the people who are into tea parties for the money recognize that Palin is $$$, and they are the ones with the promotional machines. And since there is no central tea party to say otherwise, they get to do it. And since it fits the MSM narrative of the tea parties to include her, they are happy to promote her as spokesperson. Don't confuse the MSM with reality, though. Surely you know that by now.
He passed the "official" board. But Paul and some others objected to the fact that certain favored doctors never had to take the test, so he started a new certification board that had equivalent standards but required everyone who wanted that certification to actually prove that they deserve it.This was going to be the left's next big hit on Rand Paul, but once the facts came out everyone realized that Paul was correct here, and the old way of giving people passes was ridiculous.
Well, it's still funny that he's the President, his wife is the Vice President, and the headquarters is a mailbox. So, there's that.
Well, it's still funny that he's the President, his wife is the Vice President, and the headquarters is a mailbox. So, there's that.
This is true of about 90% of small businesses in the country.