San Francisco Giants

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yessss!!! Nice game Matt Cain! If we do make the playoffs, I would like to go Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez as our 1st 3 but what do I know?
great game. and ya, that sounds about right. i would start baumgardner over zito as a 4th and have big Z coming out of the bullpen.
YEAAAAA! We need another great performance by Tiny Tim tonight to get us that much closer!!! It feels so weird to still be watching baseball so closely at this point in the season!
yes! this has been a great season. hopefully it will continue to get better!

Let's assume the Giants win the west. And we know the Phillies have clinched the best record. Possible scenarios:Padres win wild card. Phillies/Padres, Giants/Reds. Braves win wild card. Phillies can't play the Braves in the first round, so they would get either the Reds or Giants, depending on who has the worse record. So really, every possible matchup is in play for the Giants except the Padres. Who do you want? Phillies (no), Reds, or Braves.Another interesting tidbit. The Phillies have the choice for which series they want to play with regards to off days. So they can take the series with the extra off day and only pitch Halladay, Hamels, and Oswalt. But that would mean the Giants could counter with only pitching Lincecum, Cain, and Sanchez and not worry about Zito. I still don't think you want any part of the Phillies though.

Let's assume the Giants win the west. And we know the Phillies have clinched the best record. Possible scenarios:Padres win wild card. Phillies/Padres, Giants/Reds. Braves win wild card. Phillies can't play the Braves in the first round, so they would get either the Reds or Giants, depending on who has the worse record. So really, every possible matchup is in play for the Giants except the Padres. Who do you want? Phillies (no), Reds, or Braves.Another interesting tidbit. The Phillies have the choice for which series they want to play with regards to off days. So they can take the series with the extra off day and only pitch Halladay, Hamels, and Oswalt. But that would mean the Giants could counter with only pitching Lincecum, Cain, and Sanchez and not worry about Zito. I still don't think you want any part of the Phillies though.
i don't want to face the phillies. they are scary good and on a roll right now. i would prefer to face the reds or braves, but if we win the west it looks like the phillies in the first round. if we do play the phillies in the playoffs, i would like a 7 game series. like you mentioned, lincecum, cain, sanchez and i would start baumgardner over zito and have big Z come out of the bullpen.
As long as the Giants have a better record than the Reds, they will avoid the Phillies in the first round, regardless of who wins the wild card.
yep. just checked out their records. go giants go! up 1-0 in the top of the 4th.
I was there today. Great game.
Do you live close to San Fran? If so where abouts?
Didn't need any of the beards today, just good ol Timmy Jim back to his Cy Young form. Got a couple lucky breaks to score that run, but won't catch me complaining.
yep! weeeeee.
So Lincecum pitches a 2-hit shutout, 1 walk and fourteen strikeouts, and it's the second best pitching performance of the first 2 days of the playoffs. Pretty awesome.
yeah, pretty impressive for your first ever playoff game. it was almost as good as hallidays no no.