New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Sometimes I get there on the river...feral_cow_icon.gifv1.24Your converted hand, now with more cowbell.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 9 playersCO: $26.35 Button: $50.00 SB: $55.35 BB: $42.30 UTG: $81.35 UTG+1: $138.10 (Hero)MP: $28.90 MP2: $24.20 HJ: $14.75 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG+1 with :D: :5c: (9 players)UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 5 folds, SB raises to $5, BB folds, Hero calls $3.50Flop: ($10.50) :D: :D: :jh: (2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($10.50) :ts: (2 players)SB bets $7, Hero calls $7River: ($24.50) :4h: (2 players)SB bets $14, Hero raises to $45, SB calls $29.35, and is all inSB mucked :qh: :club::Hero showed :D: :3h:, and won ($108.20) with a full house, Queens full of NinesHero won $108.20(Rake: $3)
If I had AA here I would fold to the shove thoughts ?
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Playing a single table since i'm working.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 6 playersUTG: $13.85 UTG+1: $4.69 CO: $5.00 Button: $2.93 SB: $12.43 BB: $13.18 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with 8h.gifAh.gif (6 players)2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10Flop: ($0.32) 8c.gifKh.gifKc.gif (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.50Turn: ($1.82) 7h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $0.65, CO calls $0.65River: ($3.12) Jh.gif (2 players)Hero bets $2.30, CO foldsHero collected $2.97(Rake: $0.15)Okay so basically, i was serving a customer while playing this hand. It affected my sizing much more than it affected my decisions.Flop: I think i should have led out there. I'm most likely ahead but i don't want to see the turn nor inflate the pot. Turn: Customer is at the cash so i'm scanning stuff while trying to play. When i saw an undercard hit, the first thing that crossed my mind was to bet small. I'm most likely still ahead but i really don't know what he has so i don't want him to bet at me if i check since he could be either value-betting or attacking weakness. And i don't want to grow a massive pot either. So i was really hoping to take it down there or see a cheap river with my new draw. I guess you could call it a blocker bet. Pretty sure i didn't play it optimal, at all. Especially the turn.

Herooooooooooooooooferal_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersBB: $27.76 (Hero)UTG: $25.00 CO: $56.07 Button: $47.22 SB: $27.86 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Qc.gifQd.gif (5 players)2 folds, Button raises to $0.85, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.75, Button calls $1.90Flop: ($5.60) 3d.gifTd.gif8h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $3, Button calls $3Turn: ($11.60) 5c.gif (2 players)Hero bets $7, Button calls $7River: ($25.60) 7h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $15.01, and is all in, Button calls $15.01Hero showed Qc.gifQd.gif, and won ($52.84) with a pair of QueensButton mucked Qh.gifAd.gifHero won $52.84(Rake: $2.78)

:club:feral_cow_icon.gifThis converter is going to be a cash cow...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 3 playersBB: $10.00 Button: $40.18 SB: $25.00 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Td.gifJd.gif (3 players)Button raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.50, BB folds, Button calls $1.75Flop: ($5.25) 8h.gif9d.gif7s.gif (2 players)Hero bets $3.25, Button raises to $37.68 and is all-in, Hero calls $19.25 and is all-inTurn: ($50.25) Kh.gif (2 players)River: ($50.25) Qh.gif (2 players)Button showed 9h.gifAh.gif, and won ($49.25) with a flush, Ace highHero showed Td.gifJd.gif, and lost with a straight, Nine to KingButton won $49.25(Rake: $1)
Flop: I think i should have led out there. I'm most likely ahead but i don't want to see the turn nor inflate the pot. Turn: Customer is at the cash so i'm scanning stuff while trying to play. When i saw an undercard hit, the first thing that crossed my mind was to bet small. I'm most likely still ahead but i really don't know what he has so i don't want him to bet at me if i check since he could be either value-betting or attacking weakness. And i don't want to grow a massive pot either. So i was really hoping to take it down there or see a cheap river with my new draw. I guess you could call it a blocker bet. Pretty sure i didn't play it optimal, at all. Especially the turn.
when you c/r the flop, you really rep nothing. I don't likeI like the turn barrel bc we haz the equities but I am not a fan of the sizing... just bet 1/2 to 2/3 imoRiver I'd either overjam or bet like 1/3... betting 2/3 is never bad tho. By betting small or big you can rep busted clubs. Or of course, nut... so he might call with his entire bluff catching range... I dunno

Fold preflop.

when you c/r the flop, you really rep nothing. I don't likeI like the turn barrel bc we haz the equities but I am not a fan of the sizing... just bet 1/2 to 2/3 imoRiver I'd either overjam or bet like 1/3... betting 2/3 is never bad tho. By betting small or big you can rep busted clubs. Or of course, nut... so he might call with his entire bluff catching range... I dunno
The reason I don't like it is not because it doesn't rep nothing, but because it over reps our hand. What hands call that we beat ?c/r the flop with KQ, AK, 88 and some flush draws and maybe JJ-QQ. If he is defending A8s then KJo,KTs,K9s are around too. I like leading or c/c instead
Fold preflop. The reason I don't like it is not because it doesn't rep nothing, but because it over reps our hand. What hands call that we beat ?c/r the flop with KQ, AK, 88 and some flush draws and maybe JJ-QQ. If he is defending A8s then KJo,KTs,K9s are around too. I like leading or c/c instead
Who? bc I had QQ!!!yeah... thatI said I don't like!!!!

Interesting...He donk bet/folded to raise earlier, so when he flats this time, I really weight his range towards like Ax hands that he's probably never folding.Thoughts on turn?feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 playersCO: $59.30 Button: $82.30 SB: $43.25 BB: $55.25 (Hero)UTG: $50.00 UTG+1: $52.70 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with :D:jh (6 players)4 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.50Flop: ($4.00) :4h:club::ts (2 players)SB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $3Turn: ($13.00) :D (2 players)SB bets $9, Hero calls $9River: ($31.00) :5c (2 players)SB checks, Hero checksSB showed :3h:qh, and lost with high card AceHero showed :D :D, and won ($29.50) with a pair of DeucesHero won $29.50(Rake: $1.50)

If I had AA here I would fold to the shove thoughts ?
Oh...he absolutely should fold to my shove. I probably literally have 3 hands in my range there (KcJc/TT/QQ). To be fair, he did timebank it.
Thoughts on turn?
I fold. If the As was on board it makes it betterBut based on your read it seems like a bad callbased on results, you are the best.... Teach me?!!!
Interesting...He donk bet/folded to raise earlier, so when he flats this time, I really weight his range towards like Ax hands that he's probably never folding.Thoughts on turn?
If you think villian is wide enough to include a bunch of non Ax hands, then I like the turn. But when you say you weight his range towards Ax, not such a huge fan of turn. I know if we hit that flush on the river we will get paid off more times than not, but would rather have a few more outs like the K as well. In this case, both the K and 2 were live.Kosin Trouble
Would you consider ''representing'' more important than the other reasons i mentionned? I agree the c/r was awful. I literally went ''wait wtf @ me'' less than 2 seconds after i did it. But rep was never the reason why. It seems pot-control and protecting my hand greatly outweights rep'ing, especially at such low levels.
It seems pot-control and protecting my hand greatly outweights rep'ing, especially at such low levels.
By 'rep' I'm just saying that if villain can hand read at all, you have a bunch of air and almost no value hands on the flop.To the rest... you can't pot-control and protect at the same time, especially by c/r flopIf you wanna pot control and you are confident you have the best hand, than c/c seems fine. c/r over reps our hand, as fighter pointed outIf you want to protect, than betting the flop seems the right play
By 'rep' I'm just saying that if villain can hand read at all, you have a bunch of air and almost no value hands on the flop.To the rest... you can't pot-control and protect at the same time, especially by c/r flopIf you wanna pot control and you are confident you have the best hand, than c/c seems fine. c/r over reps our hand, as fighter pointed outIf you want to protect, than betting the flop seems the right play
True. What i meant is leading out is better for both controlling the pot and defending our hand THAN c/r'ing.
True. What i meant is leading out is better for both controlling the pot and defending our hand THAN c/r'ing.
Reminds me of an old school cash plays episode with samolous and bart hansen . He said when you are really deep, that choosing lines becomes epically more important.If you c/c then you only put a max of one bet inIf you b/c then you only put a max of two bets inIf you c/r then you could potentially be putting three bets in. This is important when deeper since our equity with combo draws on the turn can change radically and different stack to pot ratios caused by these lines can limit our options on different turns.

*sigh* I hate when my computer freezes for a sec and doesnt register when I hit the MAX tab when doing the final bet on the River....Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1064040DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterBTN: $8.97Hero (SB): $6.01BB: $5.97UTG: $7.22MP: $5.00CO: $6.34Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with 6 :3h 6 :ts3 folds, BTN raises to $0.17, Hero calls $0.15, 1 foldFlop: ($0.39) 7 :qh J :4h 6 :5c(2 players)Hero checks, BTN bets $0.39, Hero raises to $1.30, BTN calls $0.91Turn: ($2.99) 8 :jh(2 players)Hero bets $2.99, BTN calls $2.99River: ($8.97) 2 :club:(2 players)Hero bets $0.05, BTN calls $0.05Kosin Trouble

King James runs like God heads up and then denies auto-rematches like a true bankroll nitthat is all
over-value hands much??feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em t10/t20 - 2 playersBB trystero: t1,675 Button Hero: t4,325 Preflop: (t30) Hero is Button with 8c.gifTd.gif (2 players)Hero raises to t50, trystero calls t30Flop: (t100) Tc.gifTs.gifJc.gif (2 players)trystero checks, Hero bets t150, trystero raises to t400, Hero raises to t4,275, and is all in, trystero calls t1,225, and is all inTurn: (t6,000) 6c.gif (2 players)River: (t6,000) 9c.gif (2 players)trystero showed Jh.gif9s.gif, and lost with two pair, Jacks and TensHero showed 8c.gifTd.gif, and won (3,350) with a flush, Jack highHero won t3,350

This poor bastard signed up for the SNG before trystero could get in... I was gonna literally shove ATC until the match ended, but than I just coolered ppl like I always do...feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em t10/t20 - 2 playersBB: t3,000 (Hero)Button: t3,000 Preflop: (t30) Hero is BB with 8s.gif8d.gif (2 players)Button raises to t60, Hero raises to t3,000, and is all in, Button calls t2,940, and is all inFlop: (t6,000) Ks.gifQs.gif4d.gif (2 players)Turn: (t6,000) 6c.gif (2 players)River: (t6,000) 4c.gif (2 players)Hero showed 8s.gif8d.gif, and won (6,000) with two pair, Eights and FoursButton showed 3c.gif3h.gif, and lost with two pair, Fours and ThreesHero won t6,000

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em t10/t20 - 2 playersButton Hero: t3,195 BB trystero: t2,805 Preflop: (t30) Hero is Button with 5c.gif8c.gif (2 players)Hero raises to t50, trystero raises to t150, Hero raises to t390, trystero foldsHero won t300Terystero: stop tilting