Dn Being Mean To Kathy

From pokernews.com tweets:DN: "Kathy Liebert is a great tournament player. And she's also a woman. Two 'Did You Know' facts I thought I'd share."Andy Bloch: "@RealKidPoker Sometimes you need to think twice before clicking send."This might get some criticism from the poker regs I would guess.

I'm not really sure what Daniel meant by that Tweet but I would be very surprised if he meant it at a shot as Kathy.I know he respects her tournament game.Last year when we were putting together the pairings for the WSOP pool I suggested pairing her up with another high profile player and he said no way as Kathy was a way better player than the one I suggested pairing her with.

i'm sure daniel didn't mean to say what it sounds like. but andy pretty much nailed it on the head here.

I actually thought he was sticking up for her? I figured it was a response to the typical "<so and so> is a great woman tournament poker player" which is honestly degrading to the women who are good players and also happen to be women.

I actually thought he was sticking up for her? I figured it was a response to the typical "<so and so> is a great woman tournament poker player" which is honestly degrading to the women who are good players and also happen to be women.
This.I have no idea how Andy Bloch interpreted it.
This.I have no idea how Andy Bloch interpreted it.
I think he interpreted it the way most people would if they knew all of the "Kathy L. looks like a man" stuff there is on the interweb...Thats how I took it... Either way, DN has never exactly been known for being overly tactful when it comes to his word useage, I'm guessing Andy probably thought this too.

Hard for me to imagine most people not interpreting this as a shot at Kathy. If Daniel meant it like that I have no idea, But he says Kathy is a woman, and that's a fact that most people don't know. Interpreting it in any other way is a stretch imo.Mark

From pokernews.com tweets:DN: "Kathy Liebert is a great tournament player. And she's also a woman. Two 'Did You Know' facts I thought I'd share."Andy Bloch: "@RealKidPoker Sometimes you need to think twice before clicking send."This might get some criticism from the poker regs I would guess.
its easy.... he is saying to facts that are COMMON SINCE facts.... like someone saying, "Jordan is good at basketaball" "..... i hear he is black too"

I see both points of view. I think Daniel meant it as she is a good woman poker player, but obviously people are going to misinterpret his comment and I don't think Bloch is wrong in posting what he did. I expect there to be a blog about this though lol.

Hard for me to imagine most people not interpreting this as a shot at Kathy. If Daniel meant it like that I have no idea, But he says Kathy is a woman, and that's a fact that most people don't know. Interpreting it in any other way is a stretch imo.
Is she considered a great tournament player? If it's common knowledge that she is, then the whole of the message should be interpreted as stating obvious facts in a sarcastic tone. If she isn't widely considered a good tournament player then it's a shot at her.I honestly interpreted it the first way before going back and thinking about it.
its easy.... he is saying to facts that are COMMON SINCE facts.... like someone saying, "Jordan is good at basketaball" "..... i hear he is black too"
It took an English major to make this understandable. Thank you sir.

WHATS THE BIG DEAL!?In other news, sensitivty rates worldwide have suddenly seen a dramatic spike. This in part due to the earthquake in Haiti, but also Daniel Negreanu slagging of Kathy Liebert!