Antonio And Laak Ridicule Hellmuth Pad

the lifetime winner in cash is an absolutely hilarious assertion that you have no way to prove and a tremendous amount of evidence to the contrary. also, the list of people that would put their roll on the table to play phil HU cash would blow your mind, and includes at least a half dozen players who post here. the nicest guy ever away from the table thing is garbage as well. the guy is a star @#$)( and won't give you the time of day if you're not famous.what I will give him is work ethic when it counts. Every WSOP i've been to, phil is playing every single event he can to get those cashes and hold on to that record. he actually cashed in the stud 8 event i went deep in in 2008 - he did it by folding for two hours and getting himself down to a few big bets to make sure he cashed while players at his table gave him crap for it - but whatever, everyone has their priorities.
wow ur one of those morons, with respect.U say u cannot prove he is a lifeteime winner in cash, but how do u prove that a huge amount of people would put their roll to play him HU??? there is no way to prove that. But the fact he is a lifetime winner in cash is already proven believe me. Make any kind of research in this aspect and then we can carry on discussingDude, your confused, it's Daniel Negreanu the one who plays every single event from lowball to Omaha 8 or better in order to have a chance to win a bracelet, Hellmuth doesn't play much those games he concentrates basically on Holde'm and maybe some other Omaha game.Another fact that I forgot to put is that he's got an impressive ROI (over 250%) in his overall results in tournaments which is unbelievable for a live pro.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here are peopel that owould put their lifetime roll against PH: Dwan, Ivey, PA, DN...and any other high stakes player today Like the flaws that he has in his game are pretty LOL bad. You can prove that these people would play him for the rolls b/c they have stated itYour posts are as moronic as they are funny. Please don't stop them

it's very easy to say it, it's harder to do it. Every1 can say that and sounds good but few will do it.
Nah, my "roll" is whatever extra money I have lying around, so like $2 tops."I miss the $2 bill, 'cause I can break a two. 20, no. 10, no. 5, maybe, $2? Oh yeah. What do you need, a one and another one?"-Mitch Hedberg
wow ur one of those morons, with respect. I feel like calling someone a moron loses some of that "oomph" when you also use "ur" instead of "you're"U say u cannot prove he is a lifeteime winner in cash, but how do u prove that a huge amount of people would put their roll to play him HU??? there is no way to prove that. How about this - I would happily put my entire roll on the table to play him, and i'd have to fight the backers off with a stick. I'm not going to call out anyone else specifically who hasn't posted in this thread, but i'd wager looshball would be in as well as the half dozen of us who talk and play HU on a daily basis But the fact he is a lifetime winner in cash is already proven believe me. Make any kind of research in this aspect and then we can carry on discussing Ok, he tilt quit the full tilt million dollar cash game after getting crushed and has been a loser on every season of HSP he played. How about every pro that says he's a huge cash game fish? You simply cannot compete at a high level in an evolving game without putting in the hands. Without practice and putting in the work to constantly improve, you will get rusty, and you certainly won't innovate. This is a universal truth that is accepted by every profession from accounting to medicine to poker, yet is somehow completely ****ing lost on phil hellmuth. Outside of the WSOP and a few WPTs, if there aren't cameras, he's not playing poker.Here's his PTR for online cash games: http://www.pokertableratings.com/absolute-...ch/philhellmuth pretty impressive volume.Dude, your (better than "ur", but not quite there sir)confused, it's Daniel Negreanu the one who plays every single event from lowball to Omaha 8 or better in order to have a chance to win a bracelet, Hellmuth doesn't play much those games he concentrates basically on Holde'm and maybe some other Omaha game. I have physically seen, with my own eyes, phil at the rio playing every single day i've been at the WSOP for the last 3 years. From the 1,500 NLs to the stud 8 event he sat at the table next to me in, he plays *everything*. Go through the pokernews updates if you don't believe me. Look at the day 1 chip counts for 10 random bracelet events for last year and i guarantee he's on half of them or more. If he busts the noon tournament before 5, he plays the 5pm. Daniel also plays most days, but typically the bigger buyin 5pm events. That, however, really has no relevance to what I said - which was as big a compliment as you'll ever get from me about PH.Another fact that I forgot to put is that he's got an impressive ROI (over 250%) in his overall results in tournaments which is unbelievable for a live pro. I would love to see the math on this.

Originally Posted by Spimp So i had alot of time on my hands today and did some stupid research. All data is from Hendon Mob. There is a slight variance in numbers becuase I may have added a a couple tourny buy in's twice but it should be pretty damn close. Only events included are 'open' so no ladies, seniors or employee events. This is including, and through the ME this year and assuming no cash in ME this year.Since PH Main Event Win:Phils total WSOP winnings: $6,054,988Total entry $'s if PH played EVERY event since he won: $1,957,500Total ROI if PH played EVERY event since he won: 209.32%Total per event $'s for EVERY event since he won: $10,604.18Avg buy in per tourny: $3428.19Total events since he won: 571Avg events per year: 28.55 (avg of about 19/year during all of 90's)Few more tidbits. For some reason not as many events in '99. 2005 was the year the 10k World Championships in many other events started. 2006 was 50k HORSE so that also inflated buy-in numbers. If you assume he only played 90% of those tourny's his ROI= 243.63%. If he played 80% of them his ROI is 286.49%.These numbers are flat-out sick. We know he cant possibly play EVERY event per year so which makes them even better. I dont think he is the best player in the world. I do think he is one of the best tournament players ever though. When it comes to poker, he is rude, arragant, childish, selfish and.... +++EV!!

when you say "with respect" it instantly makes the thing you said before that not offensive.
ahhhhh, now i know. And knowing is half the battle.Test.....test.....All you mother****ers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna **** your mothers while you watch and cry like little bitches. Once we find all these Phil Hellmuth hater ****s who are speaking jive, we're gonna make 'em eat our shit, then shit out our shit, then eat their shit which is made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you mother****s are next. With respect, Max.
Few more tidbits. For some reason not as many events in '99. 2005 was the year the 10k World Championships in many other events started. 2006 was 50k HORSE so that also inflated buy-in numbers. If you assume he only played 90% of those tourny's his ROI= 243.63%. If he played 80% of them his ROI is 286.49%.These numbers are flat-out sick. We know he cant possibly play EVERY event per year so which makes them even better. I dont think he is the best player in the world. I do think he is one of the best tournament players ever though. When it comes to poker, he is rude, arragant, childish, selfish and.... +++EV!!
Listen Buttdicker, As I stated before, Phil hellmuth accomplished a lot in the 90's.He has still done well for the last 10 years, however, He isnt the dominating star he was in the 90's. (and thats ok. He is still a good player in todays tournament standards, and one of pokers tournament greats.)But to say he is a great cash game player is insane. Maybe...maybe he is an overall winning cash game player, but thats about it.He is not near top caliber for cash game play. not at high stakes, not even at 5/10NL. Its true You also seem to forget about johnny chan, who is another great exampleof how some of the amazing poker greats of the 90's are no longer the top of the field. chan'sback to back, followed by a runner up is pretty amazing, hell, he even had a cameo in rounders.If we could compare golfers with poker player for a minute, i'd sayDoyle Brunson would be arnold palmerChip would be jack nicklaus Chan would be Gary PlayerIvey would be Tiger woodsNegreanu would be Phil mickelsonand Hellmuth would be a Nick Faldo.and because i'm awesome at this naming game, - Jaime Gold would be David DuvalEric Lindgren - wuld be Fred Couples
If we could compare golfers with poker player for a minute, i'd sayDoyle Brunson would be arnold palmerChip would be jack nicklaus Chan would be Gary PlayerIvey would be Tiger woodsNegreanu would be Phil mickelsonand Hellmuth would be a Nick Faldo.and because i'm awesome at this naming game, - Jaime Gold would be David DuvalEric Lindgren - wuld be Fred Couples
I can dig it.Can't decide:John Daly or Colin Montgomerie would be Russ Hamilton?

The two best poker episodes I have ever seen! Hard to believe someone could actually play that bad. Especially when they are "the Greatest". On a side note, ever notice how Hellmuth always pulls his pants out of his ass crack every time he stands up on PAD? Hilarious.

Listen Buttdicker, As I stated before, Phil hellmuth accomplished a lot in the 90's.He has still done well for the last 10 years, however, He isnt the dominating star he was in the 90's. (and thats ok. He is still a good player in todays tournament standards, and one of pokers tournament greats.)But to say he is a great cash game player is insane. Maybe...maybe he is an overall winning cash game player, but thats about it.He is not near top caliber for cash game play. not at high stakes, not even at 5/10NL. Its true You also seem to forget about johnny chan, who is another great exampleof how some of the amazing poker greats of the 90's are no longer the top of the field. chan'sback to back, followed by a runner up is pretty amazing, hell, he even had a cameo in rounders.If we could compare golfers with poker player for a minute, i'd sayDoyle Brunson would be arnold palmerChip would be jack nicklaus Chan would be Gary PlayerIvey would be Tiger woodsNegreanu would be Phil mickelsonand Hellmuth would be a Nick Faldo.and because i'm awesome at this naming game, - Jaime Gold would be David DuvalEric Lindgren - wuld be Fred Couples
image_07a.jpgDOBA

Obviously Hellmuth was the cream of the crop back in the 90s. That's because everyone else was terrible and exploitable. even the "best" were extremely spewy and exploitable. I just read a matusow article or interview when he jsut said him and phil raised 80% and never had a cxhip at risk. If people are going to let them do that it's pretty hard to not be good. Kudos for him and matusow and whoever else for learning how to exploit people back then but poker is a game about ADJUSTMENTS. People DIDNT adjust back then. They just sat there waiting for aces and let people like hellmuth chip away and crush.Poker is a completely different game now. Its so much more "figured out" People are playing really close ti optimal and adjusting when they need to. Do you know what PH's adjustment was in PAD? NOTHING. He said hes gonna play his strategy till the end, not adjust, ante off, and then vocalized his strategy OUTLOUD to everyone else at the table. He actually made a comment outloud about how whne he had 4 big blinds that he didnt mind bc he was committed and someone would raise weak, and expected antonio or phil laak to actually raise him weak. He's clueless. He beats up the WSOP fields bc they just give chips away. He can sit there and squeeze and people will donate stacks to him.I've played with him probably 4 times and the last timeI played with him he faltted my 3 bet OOP for about 1/3 of his stack with 93 off. he just has no clue.Im willing to put down any percentage to crossbook vs Hellmuth in any event that we both enter. We can do any percentages anyone wants so that its affordable to anyone. I will be playing the 10k LAPC at the end of february. if any hellmuth nuthuggers want to put their money on hellmuth, the greatest holdem player in the world over some random forum hater such as myself, please send me a PM. either that or just shut up with all the nonsensewhats funny about that bet though is taht anyone with money isnt going to want to bet because they clearly have a clue about poker. all the people who would take that bet are broke because they dont understand poker, its a catch 22 pretty much

Originally Posted by Spimp So i had alot of time on my hands today and did some stupid research. All data is from Hendon Mob. There is a slight variance in numbers becuase I may have added a a couple tourny buy in's twice but it should be pretty damn close. Only events included are 'open' so no ladies, seniors or employee events. This is including, and through the ME this year and assuming no cash in ME this year.Since PH Main Event Win:Phils total WSOP winnings: $6,054,988Total entry $'s if PH played EVERY event since he won: $1,957,500Total ROI if PH played EVERY event since he won: 209.32%Total per event $'s for EVERY event since he won: $10,604.18Avg buy in per tourny: $3428.19Total events since he won: 571Avg events per year: 28.55 (avg of about 19/year during all of 90's)Few more tidbits. For some reason not as many events in '99. 2005 was the year the 10k World Championships in many other events started. 2006 was 50k HORSE so that also inflated buy-in numbers. If you assume he only played 90% of those tourny's his ROI= 243.63%. If he played 80% of them his ROI is 286.49%.These numbers are flat-out sick. We know he cant possibly play EVERY event per year so which makes them even better. I dont think he is the best player in the world. I do think he is one of the best tournament players ever though. When it comes to poker, he is rude, arragant, childish, selfish and.... +++EV!!
How many WPT titles does he have?