Antonio And Laak Ridicule Hellmuth Pad

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Hellmuth was the cream of the crop back in the 90s. That's because everyone else was terrible and exploitable. even the "best" were extremely spewy and exploitable. I just read a matusow article or interview when he jsut said him and phil raised 80% and never had a cxhip at risk. If people are going to let them do that it's pretty hard to not be good. Kudos for him and matusow and whoever else for learning how to exploit people back then but poker is a game about ADJUSTMENTS. People DIDNT adjust back then. They just sat there waiting for aces and let people like hellmuth chip away and crush.Poker is a completely different game now. Its so much more "figured out" People are playing really close ti optimal and adjusting when they need to. Do you know what PH's adjustment was in PAD? NOTHING. He said hes gonna play his strategy till the end, not adjust, ante off, and then vocalized his strategy OUTLOUD to everyone else at the table. He actually made a comment outloud about how whne he had 4 big blinds that he didnt mind bc he was committed and someone would raise weak, and expected antonio or phil laak to actually raise him weak. He's clueless. He beats up the WSOP fields bc they just give chips away. He can sit there and squeeze and people will donate stacks to him.I've played with him probably 4 times and the last timeI played with him he faltted my 3 bet OOP for about 1/3 of his stack with 93 off. he just has no clue.Im willing to put down any percentage to crossbook vs Hellmuth in any event that we both enter. We can do any percentages anyone wants so that its affordable to anyone. I will be playing the 10k LAPC at the end of february. if any hellmuth nuthuggers want to put their money on hellmuth, the greatest holdem player in the world over some random forum hater such as myself, please send me a PM. either that or just shut up with all the nonsensewhats funny about that bet though is taht anyone with money isnt going to want to bet because they clearly have a clue about poker. all the people who would take that bet are broke because they dont understand poker, its a catch 22 pretty much
:club:
Poker is a completely different game now. Its so much more "figured out" People are playing really close ti optimal and adjusting when they need to. Do you know what PH's adjustment was in PAD? NOTHING. He said hes gonna play his strategy till the end, not adjust, ante off, and then vocalized his strategy OUTLOUD to everyone else at the table. He actually made a comment outloud about how whne he had 4 big blinds that he didnt mind bc he was committed and someone would raise weak, and expected antonio or phil laak to actually raise him weak. He's clueless. He beats up the WSOP fields bc they just give chips away. He can sit there and squeeze and people will donate stacks to him.I've played with him probably 4 times and the last timeI played with him he faltted my 3 bet OOP for about 1/3 of his stack with 93 off. he just has no clue.
That is his biggest weaknessit seems. Even being blinded away to nothing, (sticking to his strategy) wasn't working. It was like he didn't even care to lose because he was so stubborn by sticking to his strategy. He even said in the video he didn't care if they sucked out and won, he just wanted to get the money in as a huge favorite.How did the rest of that 93 hand play out?
That is his biggest weaknessit seems. Even being blinded away to nothing, (sticking to his strategy) wasn't working. It was like he didn't even care to lose because he was so stubborn by sticking to his strategy. He even said in the video he didn't care if they sucked out and won, he just wanted to get the money in as a huge favorite.How did the rest of that 93 hand play out?
I whiffed and shut down since his range should be the nuts, and he fired like 40% of his stack on the turn and showed lol