1/2 Live - Help With Range Plz

Last night I was playing a 1/2 full ring game when this hand came up. I had been playing ~30% of the hands but not getting out of line. On avg we are having 3-4 players to a flop. UTG+1 plays like a nit and is never in a hand. Never have I seen him reraise either.my stack: $650UTG+1: $300BB: $250UTG+1 makes it 6, I flat with 78o in late position and BB completes. (pot $19)Flop comes 9 10 J rainbowBB checks, UTG +1 checks, I bet $20, BB calls, UTG +1 calls. (Pot $79)Turn Ad (no flush draw)BB checks, UTG +1 checks, I bet $40, BB folds, UTG+1 c/raises to $101 leaving $100 behindIn this spot what would your play be?

Last night I was playing a 1/2 full ring game when this hand came up. I had been playing ~30% of the hands but not getting out of line. On avg we are having 3-4 players to a flop. UTG+1 plays like a nit and is never in a hand. Never have I seen him reraise either.my stack: $650UTG+1: $300BB: $250UTG+1 makes it 6, I flat with 78o in late position and BB completes. (pot $19)Flop comes 9 10 J rainbowBB checks, UTG +1 checks, I bet $20, BB calls, UTG +1 calls. (Pot $79)Turn Ad (no flush draw)BB checks, UTG +1 checks, I bet $40, BB folds, UTG+1 c/raises to $101 leaving $100 behindIn this spot what would your play be?
I'm torn between the instafistpumpshove and the hollywoodtimebankshove.If he has KQ, it is a cooler. I can't see Q8 from a nit. The ace is meaningless here unless he has Aces or AJ and has outs to the boat. Either way you are behind to only two hands.

shove and let him show you a set of aces

shove and let him show you a set of aces
Probably this, if he's a huge nit then this probably isn't KQNone the less a nit raises please fold preflop with 78o, I know this is a cash game but this has to be -ev unless the nit is also a huge donkey.
Probably this, if he's a huge nit then this probably isn't KQNone the less a nit raises please fold preflop with 78o, I know this is a cash game but this has to be -ev unless the nit is also a huge donkey.
This. If 3 or so people called the 6 before you then I wouldn't mind jumping on the limp-train, but here I muck. And yeah, I don't see nits raising UTG+1 with Q8 ever, and I think this is KQ like <10% of the time. Ship it and let him snapcall with AA and brick the ten outs one time?!?!?!
Have you played with him before? If no, he may be card dead right and just looks like a nit? If you do have a lot of history with him, I think this is a fold.If you NEVER see him reraise, I don't think he would do it here with AA (the fourth nuts)If, however, this is your first time playing with him, it's a pretty easy call/shove.

flatting with this hand, even on the button, is just horrible. Yes we may be able to just play our position and pick off the hand, but we get squeezed by the blinds a decent amount of the time, and frankly unless we hit 2 pair or better have a very hard time ever vbetting this hand without it being pretty thin. Remember, live play is much weaker than online play at the corresponding limits, just play it like a micro game and vbet, vbet, vbet. Play this hand like you are playing 2NL. Problem solved!

flatting with this hand, even on the button, is just horrible. Yes we may be able to just play our position and pick off the hand, but we get squeezed by the blinds a decent amount of the time, and frankly unless we hit 2 pair or better have a very hard time ever vbetting this hand without it being pretty thin. Remember, live play is much weaker than online play at the corresponding limits, just play it like a micro game and vbet, vbet, vbet. Play this hand like you are playing 2NL. Problem solved!
Rumsey, i don't disagree with you here, but the OP is asking for advice on the turn when he gets shoved on. Him calling on the button with 7 8 preflop is irrelevant now.
these statements cannot both be true
Rumsey, i don't disagree with you here, but the OP is asking for advice on the turn when he gets shoved on. Him calling on the button with 7 8 preflop is irrelevant now.
No, it's not.Yes, the main focus is on the turn raise by villain. However, that doesn't mean you should ignore every other street. Sometimes you put yourself in a sticky spot by making bad preflop calls.
No, it's not.Yes, the main focus is on the turn raise by villain. However, that doesn't mean you should ignore every other street. Sometimes you put yourself in a sticky spot by making bad preflop calls.
Just for the sake of arguing.......lets say i go to the body shop to get my car fixed bc I wrecked it. The mechanic lectures me how I need to drive more carefully in order to prevent this from happening. His advice is very true, but doesn't help the current situation....I just want to get my car fixed.The OP is concerned about the turn raise. The topic is now switching to his preflop call. We all make bad calls preflop from time to time. The emphasis should be on whether he should shove or fold the turn. Not the preflop action.
Just for the sake of arguing.......lets say i go to the body shop to get my car fixed bc I wrecked it. The mechanic lectures me how I need to drive more carefully in order to prevent this from happening. His advice is very true, but doesn't help the current situation....I just want to get my car fixed.The OP is concerned about the turn raise. The topic is now switching to his preflop call. We all make bad calls preflop from time to time. The emphasis should be on whether he should shove or fold the turn. Not the preflop action.
It's more like you crashed your car by driving on the wrong side of the road. Should nobody tell you that that's bad?This is a poker STRATEGY forum. If you don't like people giving other advice, regardless of when/where it's wanted, then go somewhere else.
I think if we get involved here and flop the third nuts (second effective) and hold on the turn, we might as well get it all in on the turn.