Random Entertainment Observations

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

say that to LLY 's face like a real man

Oh my ****ing GOD! http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/   Bob is not only in the best Drama on tv, but he's going to be in the best comedy t

You misspelled insipid.

I didn't mind The Sopranos, but I think that's because I didn't view Tony as a good guy. Maybe other people did when watching it live. If I would have seen him that way, I would have been pissed at him.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I started following Werner Twertzog. The tweet that got me

Charlotte's Web is, of course, about the life of the artist: you write for pigs and simpletons, then die alone in an abandoned fairground.

• Like 2

Time to get this thread back on track with a Random Entertainment Observation.

Got excited after seeing the trailer for the new Terminator. So much so that I re watched T2 for the first time in ages.

[randomobservation]Hank from BB has a role in it, and hair.[/randomobservation]

• 2 weeks later...

as much as I want to chide Sony for their decision, I think they were in a no win scenario. if, after the threats, they went ahead with releasing at whatever podunk movie houses would show it and something did happen, they would have their balls sued off and the "how could they?" chatter from the hoople heads would've been deafening.

• Like 1

oh i'm sure it'll hit dvd and ppv

i almost wish they'd take it as a loss and just start pumping it out everywhere. like project it on the hillsides and shit.

Just watched the latest Black Mirror. Falls somewhere in the middle of the 7 episodes, in terms of quality. The extended running time buys it some valuable breathing room, but that means that the concept isn't as tight as the others. Jon Hamm is fucking great, and you kinda wish they gave him more to do, but he nails his role, and the resolution just isn't that good, echoing a mix of earlier episodes. Still well worth a watch, and if you haven't seen the first two "series," get the fuck on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BigD, some of your favs seem to be having a good night at the globes

Saw Fargo, Birdman, and Affair all had a win so far.

I loved the Affair, but honestly I think The Knick should have won that award, and it wasn't even nominated for it.