Random Entertainment Observations

I looked him up because, yeah, the last thing I know he was in was We Bought A ****ing Zoo. He apparently had a role in the latest Terry Gilliam movie, The Zero Theorem starring Christopher Waltz, which I'm really looking forward to watching.

Anyway, the point of this post is to say that he's also gonna be starring in The Martian by Ridley Scott, coming out next year. I recently read the book, and it's really really good. Very highly recommended. It's a pretty funny and exciting science fiction book, more science than fiction. "The Martian" isn't an alien but a human in the near future who is stranded on Mars after a manned Mars mission goes wrong.

The dude who wrote it was a computer programmer or something and worked on it in his spare time, then went to publishers with it and they all said no. So he gave it away for free on his website. And it blew up because it's really good, and now it's a Ridley Scott movie. I actually recommend the audiobook. Much of the book is the main character dictating his daily log entries, and it makes a ton of sense to listen to it rather than read it.

http://www.amazon.co...11140800&sr=1-1

yeah but, ridley scott.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

say that to LLY 's face like a real man

Oh my ****ing GOD! http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/   Bob is not only in the best Drama on tv, but he's going to be in the best comedy t

You misspelled insipid.

• 2 weeks later...

left-behind-movie.jpg

Oh...... my.... god. Why didn't any of you mother ****ers tell me about this. I couldn't have dreamt of a more hilarious casting. I'm getting wicked stoned and watching this in theater.

• Like 1

I mean.. it's not a ****ing reboot! they are going to... pick up where season two left of... 25 years later?!?! I couldn't possibly be more excited for a TV project. Twin Peaks is my favorite.

I don't think it looks super great. It looks pretty cheesy, and I'm worried because the dialogue of the Batman series was so poor and cheesy at times.

Nolan definitely knows how to make an entertaining movie, and Matthew McConaughey alone will be worth the ticket price, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks kind of cheesy and I'm a little worried that I won't enjoy it as much as everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVgawHv6Ngs

meh.

The whole going to another planet outside our galaxy is pretty stupid. Do the filmmakers know how big our galaxy is? It would take light 120,00 years to travel just the distance of our own galaxy.

So they travel this far, and then land a tiny ship on a planet made entirely of water, and don't even notice 2,000 foot waves until it's too late?

meh.

I don't think it looks super great. It looks pretty cheesy, and I'm worried because the dialogue of the Batman series was so poor and cheesy at times.

Nolan definitely knows how to make an entertaining movie, and Matthew McConaughey alone will be worth the ticket price, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks kind of cheesy and I'm a little worried that I won't enjoy it as much as everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVgawHv6Ngs

meh.

The whole going to another planet outside our galaxy is pretty stupid. Do the filmmakers know how big our galaxy is? It would take light 120,00 years to travel just the distance of our own galaxy.

So they travel this far, and then land a tiny ship on a planet made entirely of water, and don't even notice 2,000 foot waves until it's too late?

meh.

I see what you are saying, and I definitely watched the trailer through rose-coloured glasses after seeing "directed by Chritsopher Nolan", then seing McConaughey appear on screen, but I'm still going to give Nolan the benefit of a doubt. I've loved every non-Batman movie he's made since Memento. If anyone can handle a space travel screenplay full of logical errors, and make a great movie out of it, it's him.

never heard of a wormhole?

the nolan brothers came up with the idea (or maybe just one of them did) after reading a book on black holes and time warps written by a physicist. when i heard that i purchased the book and read it. interstellar travel is highly unlikely but not precluded by the laws of physics. time travel too, so be ready for that.

Wormholes are stupid. They don't exist and it's ridiculous to think they do.