Did anybody watch this? I was definitely entertained but there were a lot of WTF moments. I think I'm hooked. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.I don't know any of the actors names except for Morris Chestnut (he's a red pro on Full Tilt lol). They were a bunch of actors who all I can describe them as is "that guy or that girl from that show." That guy from the show with Jennifer Love Hewitt, that girl from Lost, that guy who played the Pirate Guy in Dodgeball.I just looked up some information on the show. It looks like they have only filmed 4 episodes then are taking a long break. Probably will get cancelled lol.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched, and I liked it a lot. The whole "filmed 4 episodes then took a break" thing is highly disconcerting though, I hate getting involved with new shows only to see them get the axe.

I really wish they would have gone through with their original plans for the storyline. About 5 years ago or so, Kenneth Johnson, the creator of the original V, was talking about bringing the cast from the original show back and doing a 20 years later mini-series. I thought it was at least an original idea, but after I learned they just planned to essentially remake it, I decided to pass.

...after I learned they just planned to essentially remake it, I decided to pass.
Pretty much what I decided. Plus, there are just so many areas to potentially go awry in an attempt to stretch out a story line.What is it with networks taking a premise that is, at best, workable for a 4-6 episode miniseries or movie of the week and trying to stretch them into multiple season serials?
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG...can't wait to watch this. JUST noticed that it's actually aired...this is one of my favorite childhood shows.
QFT. Watched a little of the marathon on SyFy yesterday also. Love me some Marc Singer.
I don't know any of the actors names except for Morris Chestnut (he's a red pro on Full Tilt lol). They were a bunch of actors who all I can describe them as is "that guy or that girl from that show." That guy from the show with Jennifer Love Hewitt, that girl from Lost, that guy who played the Pirate Guy in Dodgeball.
And lets not forget Morena Baccarin (that space whore from Firefly). I'm not liking the short hair, but she's still smoking hot.
I just looked up some information on the show. It looks like they have only filmed 4 episodes then are taking a long break. Probably will get cancelled lol.
Probably. I'm already trying to predict what sort of shitty reality show will take it's place.
Probably. I'm already trying to predict what sort of shitty reality show will take it's place.
They did 4 episodes and took a break because they will be airing the winter Olympics. Depending on the ratings over the first few weeks they will decide if a full season order is going to happen.

Looks like the ratings are there, at least for the first episode:http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/04/tv-ra...rs-follow/32541“V” stands as the TV Seasons’ highest-rated new series debut with Adults 18-49. “V” marked ABC’s strongest performance in the time period among Adults 18-49 in 3 years (any programming) – since 11/14/06. In addition, the new drama produced ABC’s highest non-sports numbers in the hour in 6 years across the key Men demos (M18-34/M18-49/M25-54) – since 11/4/03. Topping CBS’ spinoff “NCIS: LA” series debut in September by 14% (5.0/13 vs. 4.4/11 – which had the added advantage of airing out of the season opener of “NCIS”), “V” qualified as the top-rated Tuesday night fall series debut among Adults 18-49 on any network since 2005 and ABC’s highest since 2003 – since 9/20/05 and since 9/23/03, respectively. “V” opened with the highest Adult 18-49 rating for a regularly slotted 8:00 p.m. drama debut (any net/any night) since ABC’s “Lost” in September 2004 (9/22/04).

What is it with networks taking a premise that is, at best, workable for a 4-6 episode miniseries or movie of the week and trying to stretch them into multiple season serials?
My thought exactly. This seems like a great miniseries or a full show that will very quickly erode into crappitude and then be cancelled before coming to a logical conclusion.
And lets not forget Morena Baccarin (that space whore from Firefly). I'm not liking the short hair, but she's still smoking hot.
And the guy from Firefly too.

I didn't watch the original V when it came out, which is odd because it was right up my alley in stuff I would have liked as a kid. I did watch the first episode and it was just terrible. Terrible in the way all network drama's with any kind of promise are terrible. Poorly written, poorly acted, corny and dumb. It reminds me a great deal of Heros and Kings.. so much potential, and all of it lost. I don't know why network shows have to suck so badly, I really don't. I swear to god the only good network dramas ever were Twin Peaks and early X Files. I'm cutting my loses and bailing early from this.

Guess some peeps not so hot on the pilot. But me? LOVED IT!I was pretty impressed with how well they packed so much character intros into an hour. Anna has some great legs and it's a great remake so far. Only thing that'll piss me off is the big break. I'm going to try to wait and watch them all in a day or two...pretty unlikely though. I'm already excited bout the next episode.Who would've thought that falling down the well would've shipped Juliet into another world altogether?me likey this alien:v-laura-vandervoort-as-lisa-01-crop.jpg

I just watched the first episode online, I liked it. Some of the acting was really bad, but I don't really watch to many shows consistently, and Im not usually doing anything Tuesdays @ 8

I played golf with Scott Wolf once at a celebrity golf tournament,He's a nice guy, and he's perfect for his role as the pretty face tv newsguy who doesn't really have much more going for him than his hair.But this show does hit a lot of similarities between the Obama fan base and the visitor out to destroy all of mankind.It's a cookbook!

Don't sell the writing short, it was terrible too. I hate it when shows have a great premise and deliver on a fraction of their promise.
I guess I just expect pilots to fit in every possible twist and hook even if the whole thing comes off badly as a result. it was very much over the top, I'll give you that.I never watched the original series.
If you did the second thing, you wouldn't be so hooked on the first thing.Although I must admit having a 100% committed 'alien abduction and invasion' theory friend makes this show slightly more fun because I understand the truth which is that this show is designed to soften our acceptance of the need for a world government to fight the 'soon to be faked' alien invasion. And here's the good part, the one world government thing is needed to allow for the alien invasion to take place later on....Think about that for a couple minutes and realize how much credit you got to give to these anal-probing deviants from another galaxy. It's like they are really good at manipulation and planning. Of course when I asked him what defenses we could muster to fight them he told me that our weapons are largely useless, which left me wondering if this is like SPECTRE vs Bond and they might be allowing for too much time for us to find a way to defeat them...but I'm not saying nothing because I'm on our side!

I think the pacing sucks a lot. Did we really need to learn the aliens were evil and had been plotting this for ages all in the first episode? That should have been the big reveal like 3-4 episodes in. And the FBI lady finds out her partner is a bad guy in episode one?Same problem with Flash Forward. I dont want these shows to be like Lost (i.e. you learn squat for 3 seasons) but I dont need to know everything cool by the end of the pilot.And, yeah, the acting is pretty bad but I can get past that.

This show does kind of remind me of a secular Left behind.
I dont see it really. Can you elaborate? I actually read the whole Left Behind series......I think reading it is 95% responsible for my dismissiveness toward fundamentalist Christianity.
I dont see it really. Can you elaborate? I actually read the whole Left Behind series......I think reading it is 95% responsible for my dismissiveness toward fundamentalist Christianity.
I meant the left behind movie. Mostly it was a comparison of terrible acting, but also the Carpathia antichrist character is similar to the Vistors, and Anna, in that they are telling/convincing the world that they are good and righteous, and at the same time establishing a one world government of evil, while a spunky group of misfits fight against them, lead by Television news anchor, ( I assume the guy interviewing anna eventually joins the resistance).