Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Kryrie Irving might already be the 2nd best point guard

I was watching that game. So damn good. Anytime the Cavs are in a close game, you have to watch the last few minutes because Kyrie is going to put on a show.

Cousins really isn't very bright.

What did Cousins say to get ejected? Called ref “effing female.”

DeMarcus Cousins was ejected from another game Monday night.

Cousins picked up his first technical with 2:33 left in the first half and he didn’t think the call was fair. He wanted to talk to the officials about it. Cousins picks up the story there, speaking after the game as reported by NBA.com.

“Before that [the officials] tell us if you have a problem with them, come talk to them. They give us permission to do that. I tried to wait until the play was over. I waited until the play stopped. I went up to the ref. He kept telling me, ‘Don’t talk to me, don’t talk to me, I don’t want to talk to you.’ So I waited until halftime. He said the same thing. He was saying, ‘Don’t talk to me.’ So my response was, ‘You don’t have to act like an effing female.’ I shouldn’t have said that. That’s about it.”

• 2 weeks later...

Excluding owners who were like founding figures of the league itself, guys like George Halas or w/e, I think Jerry Buss was the greatest owner in the history of team sports. He bought the lakers for something like 15 million. Darren Rovell tweeted out that when the lakers Won in 80, for the 81 season Buss upped COURTSIDE seats from 15 dollars to 45. And now look at the franchise he built. One of the premier Franchises in world sports.

Excluding owners who were like founding figures of the league itself, guys like George Halas or w/e, I think Jerry Buss was the greatest owner in the history of team sports. He bought the lakers for something like 15 million. Darren Rovell tweeted out that when the lakers Won in 80, for the 81 season Buss upped COURTSIDE seats from 15 dollars to 45. And now look at the franchise he built. One of the premier Franchises in world sports.

and what you have to love about him as well is that he was a self made man who wasn't given Daddy's money or anything.

To steal from what somebody else said he loved The Lakers, Loved Poker and Loved Women.

Doesn't count, because it's girls.

According to Keys, she always brings the ball very close to her face when taking a free throw, and sometimes she brings it so close that her thumb actually touches her nose. From this position she is usually able to shoot the ball without incident, but sometimes her thumb gets caught on her nose. "On that shot, I just followed through too close to my face," she said. "And my fingernail got caught on my nose, so I couldn't follow through correctly on the shot."

$65 million for the Lakers, Kings and the Forum

This was a pretty solid piece

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/Michael-Jordan/michael-jordan-not-left-building