Qq 2nd Hand Of 4.40

No history with villain. Looked up his OPR stats and saw he had 69k in prizes, 27k in profit for a 65% ROI.Not that all that matters much, but it shows he's probably a competent player. Hand in question:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO (t3170)Button (t1490)SB (t1480)BB (t1360)UTG (t1500)UTG+1 (t1500)Hero (MP1) (t1500)MP2 (t1500)Hero's M: 50.00Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q :club:, Q :heart:UTG calls t20, UTG+1 bets t120, Hero raises to t360, 4 folds, BB calls t340, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t1500 (All-In), Hero ??????What's your play and why?

Prolly fold only because of how early it is in the tourney. I just don't think a 'smart' player would see any fold equity in a 4BB this early in a 4.40. Moreover, I don't think he wants to go blind preflop with thin to no FE with JJ/AK or less. I would think in a 4.40, he'd even take a flop with KK to make sure he doesn't get binked, and if so, gets out with a lot of life left. So it's almost certain he is jamming the pot AA assuming he won't be able to shake either of you regardless, since you are 20-25% committed, and in a 4.40.I know we need to assign a range. But, in this case it's AA to AA, suits pending. Anything else, save for possibly KK would just be a shock to me.

Prolly fold only because of how early it is in the tourney. I just don't think a 'smart' player would see any fold equity in a 4BB this early in a 4.40. Moreover, I don't think he wants to go blind preflop with thin to no FE with JJ/AK or less. I would think in a 4.40, he'd even take a flop with KK to make sure he doesn't get binked, and if so, gets out with a lot of life left. So it's almost certain he is jamming the pot AA assuming he won't be able to shake either of you regardless, since you are 20-25% committed, and in a 4.40.I know we need to assign a range. But, in this case it's AA to AA, suits pending. Anything else, save for possibly KK would just be a shock to me.
LOL at this. Beaver, did you look up his OPR during the hand or after. Against an unknown I instacall and giggle when he tables ATo. Why is a player with 27k in profit playing a $4.40 anyway...? He maybe have started fresh, or just messing around. I think I call and expect to see TT+, AQo+.If you bust early in a $4.40 you can easily join another. However, doubling up early makes it MUCH easier to go deep. I call.
LOL at this. Beaver, did you look up his OPR during the hand or after. Against an unknown I instacall and giggle when he tables ATo. Why is a player with 27k in profit playing a $4.40 anyway...? He maybe have started fresh, or just messing around. I think I call and expect to see TT+, AQo+.If you bust early in a $4.40 you can easily join another. However, doubling up early makes it MUCH easier to go deep. I call.
I looked it up during the hand. It IS a $4.40.... so obviously the players are usually terrible. This early in a $4.40, I usually do see a lot of bat-shit crazy plays that would lead me to play QQ+, AK like the nuts pre-flop.FTR, any other tourney, I would expect his 4b shove to be only KK, AA or AK. Certain players in $4.40's will have the same range as this (such as myself), but the majority would shove here w/ a much wider range.
LOL at this.My answer is based on the fact that our villain appears to be a very good thinking player AND under the assumption that we don't snap call because "it's only a tournament, you can easily join another". Hence I give a thinking response, assuming that you are trying to do yoru best in this tourney, like any other. I do call this 99% of the time....but based on the quick recon OP makes of the villian, you'd be daft to not visualize a more realistic 4 bet range I'd think. I do agree that "it's just a 4.40", etc. etc. etc. but still.
LOL at this.My answer is based on the fact that our villain appears to be a very good thinking player AND under the assumption that we don't snap call because "it's only a tournament, you can easily join another". Hence I give a thinking response, assuming that you are trying to do yoru best in this tourney, like any other. I do call this 99% of the time....but based on the quick recon OP makes of the villian, you'd be daft to not visualize a more realistic 4 bet range I'd think. I do agree that "it's just a 4.40", etc. etc. etc. but still.Additionally, I personally flat here in a 4.40 with KK to see if an A hits the flop, as it's near 100% in the 2nd hand of a 4.40 that one of these two villains, if not both, are carrying an ace. And it's 100% that if they catch their ace on the flop, they aren't folding. It's +EV.
You lose so much value flatting with KK, AINEC. So many people in $4.40s will stack of with any PP, any A, even hands like KQ, KJ, and QJ. Letting them see, and most likely, a flop just cost you 1200+ chips.Playing scared won't win you a $4.40, ever.
You lose so much value flatting with KK, AINEC. So many people in $4.40s will stack of with any PP, any A, even hands like KQ, KJ, and QJ. Letting them see, and most likely, a flop just cost you 1200+ chips.Playing scared won't win you a $4.40, ever.
I think maxstpolish was saying that other players might flat w/ KK, not advocating it as a strategy to use. Although, I could be wrong... but yeah, flatting w/ KK there would be super bad.
I think maxstpolish was saying that other players might flat w/ KK, not advocating it as a strategy to use. Although, I could be wrong... but yeah, flatting w/ KK there would be super bad.
I wasn't, but you guys are clearly right now that i think of it with half a brain.
I know we need to assign a range. But, in this case it's AA to AA, suits pending. Anything else, save for possibly KK would just be a shock to me.
I'd say the range is AA, KK and AK. But even in the best case scenario AK it's more or less a coinflip, which just isn't worth it at this stage of the tournament. It's a fold and a note who witnessed the fold - people seem to be getting ideas that they can bluff push you around if you make a sensible fold.
I'd say the range is AA, KK and AK. But even in the best case scenario AK it's more or less a coinflip, which just isn't worth it at this stage of the tournament. It's a fold and a note who witnessed the fold - people seem to be getting ideas that they can bluff push you around if you make a sensible fold.
If his range is exactly AA/KK/AK then it's a call because we're getting laid 2:1 and we have way more than 33% equity.
	equity 	win 	tie 		  pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 	60.143%	  59.92% 	00.22% 		  28730686 	   104399.00   { KK+, AKs, AKo }Hand 1: 	39.857%	  39.64% 	00.22% 		  19005028 	   104399.00   { QcQd }

I agree with the others. It's a 4.40, it's QQ, I'm never folding.......ever. Assigning a AA,KK, AK range here is ridiculous. I've seen some retards do this with atc in these. I would assign a top 5-7% range here, but a top 2% not so much. I call this pretty much 100% of the time, unless I misclick.

My rule of anything in small stakes tourneys (~$11 and under)...I never fold AA, KK, AK, QQ PF....like there has to be something really crazy.Yeah its a 4.40...never folding!

does anyone think that if he is a good player and has that much in profits that he could be doing this slightly light due to him underplaying his bankroll being prob. hyper deep rolled and just wanted to coin flip early? IDK i still hate life and fold but it really is a crappy spot that early. I do think we see AKs so much here thou!

Results: Hero decides to "hero" fold and soul-read opponent as having KK/AA. BB makes the call of the all in w/ 10 8 os (...............O_o..............) and re-shoving opponent has AKs. Flop comes 10 10 5, Turn K, River 8.

I agree with the others. It's a 4.40, it's QQ, I'm never folding.......ever.
Can't be results oriented.I am NEVER folding QQ in a 4.40 this early.All of the ranges I have seen are way too tight for a random, unknown in a 4.40. I have seen shoves with KQ, 22, 9Tcc.