• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason the boys really seeem to respect Michael.
I get the impression that he's hooked on to them because they're really great chefs, and also that they all get along well. So when the brother was talking about who is strong, of course he has to include his buddy Mike. But I think it's clear to everyone watching that Michael isn't even close to their level of cooking, and I imagine that it's clear to the brothers too. They're just being nice.

Guess who had lunch at the Dilido Beach Club, which is head chef'd by one Jeff McInnis? That's right baby, me.$101 out the door. I had the Dilido Burger - very good. Nothing was simple. The onions were different, the bread, excellent. Fries, mmmmdate had some dish called chicken on a brick. TastyWe also the Dilido Riblettes for an app. sweet and spicyI had a $17 frozen mohito. I wanted a frozen drink and something different, so I got butt-raped for that one. Oh well, one time deal. I should've requested Jeff come out so I could compliment him on the tasty burger. His name was at the bottom of the menu. It's part of the Ritz-Carlton

Guess who had lunch at the Dilido Beach Club, which is head chef'd by one Jeff McInnis? That's right baby, me.$101 out the door. I had the Dilido Burger - very good. Nothing was simple. The onions were different, the bread, excellent. Fries, mmmmdate had some dish called chicken on a brick. TastyWe also the Dilido Riblettes for an app. sweet and spicyI had a $17 frozen mohito. I wanted a frozen drink and something different, so I got butt-raped for that one. Oh well, one time deal. I should've requested Jeff come out so I could compliment him on the tasty burger. His name was at the bottom of the menu. It's part of the Ritz-Carlton
I still think he works at the dildo restaurant. No matter what whenever I saw Dilido I called it the Dildo restaurant.I wanted to make the drive down to SD to Malarky's restaurant but he left.
Guess who had lunch at the Dilido Beach Club, which is head chef'd by one Jeff McInnis? That's right baby, me.
Dude, you gotta give me time to guess.Also, Dilido is a completely ridiculous name for a restaurant, unless that restaurant is sex-themed. It's quite simply too close to the word dildo to think of anything else. Like, it's a stretch to not think of dildos (more so than usual). I realize (assume?) that the pronounciation is probably more like 'Delilah,' but written down it's just...ridiculous. FuickSihitBoobisCraipTurdiPuissyPenisiAll of those would also be terrible, terrible names for a restaurant (except for Boobis).

It's a BEACH CLUB, as in, I was sitting outside at a table, under the sun, 200 yards from the ocean and about 40 yards from the sand. I saw about 15 tables and a bar. I don't even know if there is an indoor portion

So I usually skip the first few episodes of every season, and catch them on repeats. I can't get into the show, when there's so many chefs, and I can't get a feel of personality's and styles. Some thoughts..A) I love, love loved tonights challenge. Food deconstruction is one of my favorite.. um.. styles? themes? well, I think it's neat, I love that Post modern cooking shit. This episode could have used a cameo from Marcel, who's a Vegas Chef as I understand, but such is life. Watching people's creativity, and ablity to grasp and execute this challenge, pretty much allowed me to break up everyone into people who's style I like and people who's style I don't like in one show. B) I really like Gaysley Addams. Top Chef needs a morbidly obese fag in the finals. It just does. And his deconstructed mole dish looked just awesome. C) Conversely, the small fat hipster guy needs to go. Him bitching about not winning the quickfire because of cancer was tasteless, and untrue. If you want to win, cook better. This guy isn't going to go as far as he thinks he should.D) The woman who made the langsana (Riplet's girl?) sucks. Not as a cook, but as a person. She was bad mouthing her dish, like she was going to go, and then she made the final 3. That just show's she's a disingenuous liar, or insufferably negative. If you're a world class chef, you know the difference between an elimination caliber dish and a top 3 dish. She has talent, and probably will make the final, but I will root against her.E) I think the brothers are my favorite. I've liked what I've seen from them so far, I particularly liked the Caesar salad. I'm pro anything gastro, and I think he really grasped the idea of the challenge. Gaysley's dish really must have kicked ass for the twin not to have won. I'm rooting for a brother against brother final.F) I'll miss Baron Samedi, I really liked him, I liked his accent, and I bet the food he cooks professionally kicks ass. But I think he's just from the wrong cultural back ground and training for this challenge. Some styles of chef really don't work well in Top Chef, you have to be some sort of mix of classical french and new american ( usually) to win, because that's the background of the judges

D) The woman who made the langsana (Riplet's girl?) sucks. Not as a cook, but as a person. She was bad mouthing her dish, like she was going to go, and then she made the final 3. That just show's she's a disingenuous liar, or insufferably negative. If you're a world class chef, you know the difference between an elimination caliber dish and a top 3 dish. She has talent, and probably will make the final, but I will root against her.
I agree with everything you said but this one.As I've said before, she's a badass cook, and more "real" than most of the characters they tend to get for the show. I'd have to watch the episode again, but I don't think she ever said that she thought she'd be going home. She was just disappointed in herself and thought she could have done better...and I tend to believe her, since she's never been negative like that about her food in previous challenges. She specifically said that she knew it tasted good but thought it looked like shit...and while I don't think it looked that bad, it certainly wasn't an impressive presentation. She was just being honest.Yeah, maybe she's a bit surly, but that's about the worst you can say about her. And I kind of like the fact that they brought a chick with a legitimate kitchen attitude onto the show for possibly the first time*...I'm surprised you don't, actually. *Not counting lesbians.
*Not counting lesbians.
She's not a lesbian?I just didn't like her being phoney, but it just seemed like she was trash talking a dish that the judges loved. Maybe it's a bad read, this is the only episode i've really watched closely.
...I love, love loved tonights challenge. Food deconstruction is one of my favorite...
Haven't seen this episode yet, but ugggh...I hate hate hate hearing any Chef utter the word "Deconstructed". It is the most overused cliché today in cooking. I know right away I am going to see some way less clever food item that some wannabe pompous pseudo-intellectual (they're not even good enough to actually be pompous and pseudo-intellectual, they're pseudo-pompous and pseudo-pseudo-intellectual) Cook thinks he has reinvented."OK, what I have here is sort of a deconstructed Caesar Salad...""OK, what is on your plate is a deconstructed Sushi Roll, inspired by...""OK, what we have here is a deconstructed fried egg sammich, I've separated the whites from the yolks and prepared each element..."
B) I really like Gaysley Addams. Top Chef needs a morbidly obese fag in the finals. It just does. And his deconstructed mole dish looked just awesome. C) Conversely, the small fat hipster guy needs to go. Him bitching about not winning the quickfire because of cancer was tasteless, and untrue. If you want to win, cook better. This guy isn't going to go as far as he thinks he should.D) The woman who made the langsana (Riplet's girl?) sucks. Not as a cook, but as a person. She was bad mouthing her dish, like she was going to go, and then she made the final 3. That just show's she's a disingenuous liar, or insufferably negative. If you're a world class chef, you know the difference between an elimination caliber dish and a top 3 dish. She has talent, and probably will make the final, but I will root against her.F) I'll miss Baron Samedi, I really liked him, I liked his accent, and I bet the food he cooks professionally kicks ass. But I think he's just from the wrong cultural back ground and training for this challenge. Some styles of chef really don't work well in Top Chef, you have to be some sort of mix of classical french and new american ( usually) to win, because that's the background of the judges
B - He is still my favorite. I want to eat his food more than anyone else's so far.C- Yes, I have been saying Ari Gold wannabe needs to go. Again, "I don't know what eggs florentine is." This guy is very limited in his ability to cook, if it ain't greek he is lost. I still say he said he didn't know how to make a bernaise sauce a few eps back.D-She was a little woe is me last night which was different than all the previous episodes where she stood tall and confident. I think she can crack the top 3.F-This is what I planned to post and you said pretty much what I was going to say. I really liked him as a person and there is no way that he is as clueless in the kitchen as they made him out to be. This show just wasn't his thing.
Haven't seen this episode yet, but ugggh...I hate hate hate hearing any Chef utter the word "Deconstructed". It is the most overused cliché today in cooking. I know right away I am going to see some way less clever food item that some wannabe pompous pseudo-intellectual (they're not even good enough to actually be pompous and pseudo-intellectual, they're pseudo-pompous and pseudo-pseudo-intellectual) Cook thinks he has reinvented."OK, what I have here is sort of a deconstructed Caesar Salad...""OK, what is on your plate is a deconstructed Sushi Roll, inspired by...""OK, what we have here is a deconstructed fried egg sammich, I've separated the whites from the yolks and prepared each element..."
I couldn't disagree with you more.

What a dick comment by Ash to Robin. As obnoxious as she is in the kitchen, she didn't deserve that.I like the idea of deconstructing dishes...at least when it's done in a somewhat creative way, and not just for the sake of seeming uber modern/gastro.

C- Yes, I have been saying Ari Gold wannabe needs to go. Again, "I don't know what eggs florentine is." This guy is very limited in his ability to cook, if it ain't greek he is lost. I still say he said he didn't know how to make a bernaise sauce a few eps back.
He doesn't even seem that good at cooking greek food, but he plays it safe enough to last a few more episodes.
There was a clip where she said, "this dish will send me home."
Was it after the food was already cooked or while she was still in the shit?
I agree with everything you said but this one.As I've said before, she's a badass cook, and more "real" than most of the characters they tend to get for the show. I'd have to watch the episode again, but I don't think she ever said that she thought she'd be going home. She was just disappointed in herself and thought she could have done better...and I tend to believe her, since she's never been negative like that about her food in previous challenges. She specifically said that she knew it tasted good but thought it looked like shit...and while I don't think it looked that bad, it certainly wasn't an impressive presentation. She was just being honest.Yeah, maybe she's a bit surly, but that's about the worst you can say about her. And I kind of like the fact that they brought a chick with a legitimate kitchen attitude onto the show for possibly the first time*...I'm surprised you don't, actually. *Not counting lesbians.
Agree with this totally.I think she's just super hard on herself, which probably explains why she's crushed every single challenge so far. I don't think there's a whole lot of phony with her at all. This is just the first challenge where she didn't have a real plan going in, so I think she just doubted how well she'd be able to wing it. I don't think she's a lesbian either. Her and one of the brothers are in the lead for me, oh, and Beardface of course.... and it's pretty much tied. I always forget which brother though, I can't keep them straight.
Was it after the food was already cooked or while she was still in the shit?
Both actually. The quote was from after around the time the buzzer went off back at the Top Chef kitchens before going to the restaurant.Then in the waiting room for Judges table she wined and moaned about how bad it was.
Agree with this totally.I think she's just super hard on herself, which probably explains why she's crushed every single challenge so far. I don't think there's a whole lot of phony with her at all. This is just the first challenge where she didn't have a real plan going in, so I think she just doubted how well she'd be able to wing it. I don't think she's a lesbian either. Her and one of the brothers are in the lead for me, oh, and Beardface of course.... and it's pretty much tied. I always forget which brother though, I can't keep them straight.
I think one brother is better, but I have to go look to see which one...Bryanbryan-voltaggio.pngIf it comes down to both of them my money is on Brian. They both have been ridic consistent but he has shown more imo.I will say that Ashley, the real lesbian, has really stepped up her game it seems and could easily be top 5.