Looking For Players To Back

I'm going to guess this is a level...?There are plenty of winning players who are not professionals who are, for whatever reason, backed.
I know there are. Just like winning tourney players that are backed.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are. Just like winning tourney players that are backed.
So what exactly did you mean by winning players not needing to be staked?
I'm going to guess this is a level...?There are plenty of winning players who are not professionals who are, for whatever reason, backed. I'm backed for HUNL cash games. It doesn't make me a losing player, it makes me a guy who has spent 90%+ of my winnings over the last few years on remodeling our last 2 houses. The concept of a steady backer to encourage you and help you through the swings, especially moving up in cash game limits, can be so amazingly +EV.GL life of sports. The $ added tourney you did on the first FCP cardroom was one of the first bigish tourney scores I had. You should consider asking cardcore about this though. I was one of his horses from when he did this last year with FCP folks and I think only myself and one other guy made money.
Agreed, I'm backed as well, I do it because I am a student though and need to have my own money on the side for college expenses/rent as well. Some of us just have better things to do with the money.
There are plenty of winning players who are not professionals who are, for whatever reason, backed. I'm backed for HUNL cash games. It doesn't make me a losing player, it makes me a guy who has spent 90%+ of my winnings over the last few years on remodeling our last 2 houses. The concept of a steady backer to encourage you and help you through the swings, especially moving up in cash game limits, can be so amazingly +EV.
All of this. Stop trainwrecking his thread you assholes. If you're not interested in a stake from the guy, MOVE ALONG. Nobody asked for your opinions about who he is, why he's here or how profitable it is to stake people. There are plenty of reasons winning lifetime players will need stakes from time to time. This guy's offering them.
So what exactly did you mean by winning players not needing to be staked?
Hmmm, I'm not always serious. I don't put sw's in my posts because I don't feel the need to. I do know quite a few winning players that are backed.Always funny how serious things get sometimes. lol

PM sent... I think we worked before w/ the North American College Poker Championship when it was held at Poker.com or something. Anyway, GL to you and your horses.FWIW I didn't see anything wrong w/ the OP, but obviously there are those who make mountains out of mole hills.

"If they can't make enough money playing poker to be able to have the buy-in, I just assume they're a losing player,'' Greenstein says. "Why would I want to stake them? "Not that I necessarily agree with it. But it's not really a horrendously outlandish conclusion.That being said. Stake on.

All of this. Stop trainwrecking his thread you assholes. If you're not interested in a stake from the guy, MOVE ALONG. Nobody asked for your opinions about who he is, why he's here or how profitable it is to stake people. There are plenty of reasons winning lifetime players will need stakes from time to time. This guy's offering them.
BDC, how many people have come on here offering stuff out of nowhere? Are people just supposed to take a post like this thread seriously with no background information? He only has a few 100 posts. No one really knew who he was. NC was the first to vouch for him. Most posts that do start out like his do often get flamed because they come out of nowhere and seem to be pushing a website or something. Like I said before, if maybe he would've added some of things he did in a later post then people would've taken him serious and I probably wouldn't have started with flames.
BDC, how many people have come on here offering stuff out of nowhere? Are people just supposed to take a post like this thread seriously with no background information? He only has a few 100 posts. No one really knew who he was. NC was the first to vouch for him. Most posts that do start out like his do often get flamed because they come out of nowhere and seem to be pushing a website or something. Like I said before, if maybe he would've added some of things he did in a later post then people would've taken him serious and I probably wouldn't have started with flames.
I SAID STOP TALKING!
dude for what it's worth I wasn't talking to you at all, I know how you operate ;)If you don't know who a guy is, CLICK on his profile. VIEW the other posts he's made. For some of the people who've been around this site for a while, I'd have thought that feature would be a pretty commonly known one. I don't know Chris at all, but I've seen him around from time to time, and seen him make offers to the forum before. Do some research on the subject before you just come in and start slamming him was all I was saying.
dude for what it's worth I wasn't talking to you at all, I know how you operate ;)If you don't know who a guy is, CLICK on his profile. VIEW the other posts he's made. For some of the people who've been around this site for a while, I'd have thought that feature would be a pretty commonly known one. I don't know Chris at all, but I've seen him around from time to time, and seen him make offers to the forum before. Do some research on the subject before you just come in and start slamming him was all I was saying.
Ok. :club: BTW, I did send him a PM apologizing after seeing NC vouch for him. ****ing assholes!!

Chris has done some nice things for FCP way back when FCP had its own cardroom. Obviously he doesn't post much but I think that he's offering a good opportunity for FCP folks as it might work out very well for both parties. As NC said, there are many reasons why a winning player might want to work with a backer.

"If they can't make enough money playing poker to be able to have the buy-in, I just assume they're a losing player,'' Greenstein says. "Why would I want to stake them? "Not that I necessarily agree with it. But it's not really a horrendously outlandish conclusion.That being said. Stake on.
were you born stupid or do you come by it honestly?
does anyone else keep mistakenly reading NC as North Carolina and now Naked Cowboy?
because im friends with tbrick i automatically assume NC stands for No Chat
I knew who he was, which is actually the only reason I clicked on the thread. By know, I mean... remember from before.