I'll take the field against Jermaine Sellers.Also, I'm starting to hate Ellen. The judging drags way too much. They should just have 3 judges again.
The real problem is fucking Ryan keeps asking her extra questions. So she's giving 2 different critiques.
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'm starting to hate Ellen. The judging drags way too much. They should just have 3 judges again.
It took me a while to figure out how Paula got even more boring. Am I to understand that they literally just found a girl who looked just like her, down to the racial ambiguity (well, I guess the extent of it is the racial ambiguity; let's not kid ourselves), and replaced her? I have to admire the audacity of that. You know who would have been perfect on the AI judging panel? Late-life, doesn't-give-a-shit but is-still-too-beloved-to-be-rebuked Frank Sinatra. Is there anyone who could fill that role today? Someone who is washed up and a totally bitter lush with a cruel temper, but whose dignity has inexplicably remained intact? We just aren't setup to have those anymore.(It's important to note that at no point in that thought did Sinatra actually appear, and my idealization here is 100% Phil Hartman's portrayal of him.)
I actually like the guy who went last. I thought it was interesting and sung well. The mullet kid did a good job singing but was obviously scared shit less.
I thought mullet kid was great, he could be a serious dark horse if he gets his confidence in check. The performance wasn't there but you can definitely hear a great radio voice in him. There was a whole lot of suckitude out of both nights, right now I only think Andrew, Casey, Didi, Crystal, Katie and maybe Alex (if he puts a lot of work into his natural ability) have any kind of shot at winning.
For some reason when watching ellen, i see thisellen-degeneres-first-pictures-american-idol.jpgxpress_stuart.jpgI can't find a picture of ellen from last night, but I look at her and see Stuart Little.
I have a similar problem except when I see this:Anderw_Garcia-AI9.jpgI really see this:kim-jong-il-puppet-team-america.jpg
It took me a while to figure out how Paula got even more boring. Am I to understand that they literally just found a girl who looked just like her, down to the racial ambiguity (well, I guess the extent of it is the racial ambiguity; let's not kid ourselves), and replaced her? I have to admire the audacity of that. You know who would have been perfect on the AI judging panel? Late-life, doesn't-give-a-shit but is-still-too-beloved-to-be-rebuked Frank Sinatra. Is there anyone who could fill that role today? Someone who is washed up and a totally bitter lush with a cruel temper, but whose dignity has inexplicably remained intact? We just aren't setup to have those anymore.(It's important to note that at no point in that thought did Sinatra actually appear, and my idealization here is 100% Phil Hartman's portrayal of him.)
PolterFrank!(Odd Thomas reference)
lol at you guys thinking Ellen drags on for too long. Paula took soooooo much longer.
I didn't say that she was the cause of the drag. I said that she annoyed me, and having FOUR judges made the show drag. Ellen had nothing meaningful to add. Ever.I fully understand why Ryan Seacrest makes a crap-ton of money MC'ing this show.
Do they send two of each home each week?
I got confused about this because Ryan said they are sending home "the two lowest guys and girls", and I didn't know if he meant the two lowest of each gender or what. I guess it's more likely that it's one of each gender, right? I don't know. People were saying "Lacey and Hayley" or "Lacey and Ashley" to go earlier, which made me think it is two of each gender.DOES ANYONE KNOW?
I didn't say that she was the cause of the drag. I said that she annoyed me, and having FOUR judges made the show drag. Ellen had nothing meaningful to add. Ever.I fully understand why Ryan Seacrest makes a crap-ton of money MC'ing this show.
I agree that she is annoying, but I don't think that she has nothing meaningful to add. There has been a couple instances where she went first and other judges agreed with her. She shouldn't be on the show though. 3 judges is enough.I also noticed that the judges seem way more serious with the absence of Paula. With Paula acting so crazy and Randy and Simon making fun of her, they seemed to be more loose.
I'll take the field against Jermaine Sellers.Also, I'm starting to hate Ellen. The judging drags way too much. They should just have 3 judges again.
I agree with you.....except, I would get rid of Randy not Ellen. Every time he says "dawg" he should get an electric shock.
I like Ellen; I think she'll only get better.Randy: "You gotta be great, or you gotta be mad at yourself."Ellen: "First of all, don't be mad at yourself."
Agree, I like Ellen. She gives a voice for the common viewer and adds some humor and levity to the show. Anyone that doesn't like Ellen is just a homophobe. There I said it. Well, i don't believe it but I said it because someone was thinking it. Shame on you.
Agree, I like Ellen. She gives a voice for the common viewer and adds some humor and levity to the show. Anyone that doesn't like Ellen is just a homophobe. There I said it. Well, i don't believe it but I said it because someone was thinking it. Shame on you.
Come on, even homophobes like lesbians.
I'll do either Jermaine or Andrew against the field with me getting 4-1or Jermaine or Andrew and you can have either the rest of the guys, or the girls at even money.Something small, the max I'll do is $100.If you or anyone is interested, I'd prefer to commit to the bet before next weeks shows.

I'm ok with everyone who went home.The guys who went might be a little controversial. The guy who got cut but was brought back was the obvious one to go. Simon was right though America felt sorry for him and gave him votes. The Mexican guy didn't deserve to go but he was completely left out of all the audition footage, and his performance just wasn't that memorable. The hippy guy wasn't that great and deserved to go, I agreed with his comment about getting the criticisms too late though. The guy dressed and acted like a hippy from the beginning, why tell him to change everything after you put him on the show?I'm glad Lacey the red head is getting a 2nd chance. She sucked ass, but she sounded great in the auditions so I'm hoping she steps it up.

Group song: Get out the way Ryan! Interesting choice, especially when the boys started singing "I'm liking this American boy". The harmonies for some of the boys parts were pretty hot. At one point one of the whiteys was singing but forgot to hold his mic up to his mouth...First elim: I was surprised about Janell. She didn't do amazing but she didn't stand out as a particularly bad performance for me. Oh well, not one of the best either. She took the elim gracefully, good for her.Alison Iraheta: Lol, her? Anddddd I'm skipping it.Second elim: Really, not Lacey? Okay then.... Thank goodness not Didi. Ashley I don't mind leaving, she wasn't great.Third elim: Not John? Hmm. Joe - I predicted that, not a problem.Kris Allen: Lol, him? The Beatles must be making sick royalties from Idol this season. Skip!Fourth elim: Tyler? Boo. I wanted to see more from him, he was fun. We don't need 3 boring white teen boys.