2009 Wsop $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan Smith opened for 650,000 and James Akenhead made the call. The flop was 6h3s2d and both players checked. The turn came the Ks and Smith checked to Akenhead, who checked behind. The river was the 4h. Check-check again. Akenhead showed 7h7d and they were good. He's up to 6.4 million.Play. Tighter. Damnit.

Why on earth would you not bet that with 7's?
situation of course. checking flop is bad. checking turn and river not so bad.
yeah, was going to say that a flop bet seems good there. He's playing scared
maybe he wanted to say,"I won a million at the WSOP". It sounds better than 830K
Bubble fear can really grip people. Probably terrified of being slowplayed, and it's hard to blame him with what's on the line. Takes a lot of guts to bet or shove with marginal hands at this point.
turn not so bad, river check is worse than the flop check. How are 7s not good there.
That's easy. He's shortstacked and probably just trying to get a free showdown hoping he has the best hand.The real question is why didn't Smith at least fire at the turn?
Bubble fear can really grip people. Probably terrified of being slowplayed, and it's hard to blame him with what's on the line. Takes a lot of guts to bet or shove with marginal hands at this point.
Why even call pf then if you dont fire on that board?
turn not so bad, river check is worse than the flop check. How are 7s not good there.
yeah but what do you have beat that he checks three times with then calls? you are not going to win any more chips here so why risk getting check raised?
yeah, was going to say that a flop bet seems good there. He's playing scared
maybe he wanted to say,"I won a million at the WSOP". It sounds better than 830K
I meant the flop, especially. You have pocket sevens on a 6 high rainbow flop. BET. THE. FUCKING, FLOP. Turn isn't terrible, value bet the river, plzkthx.
Yeah I've got that, I was just hoping there was a video feed :club:. Sorry if this has been said 10x, but what makes me nervous about Ivey here is that you know that he's not afraid to bubble - he's there to win. Which makes me nervous because obviously we all really really really don't want him to bubble.
So, is this being broadcast live??? Are you guys watching it? No time to read the whole thread, I'm already wicked late to the party!
Cliff notes: 3 players were busted by Krablar; two players did the crab dance; BigD went crazy celebrating.That and some guy named Ivey has been hanging around but hasn't had much going today (for his standard anyways)
Cliff notes: 3 players were busted by Krablar; two players did the crab dance; BigD went crazy celebrating.
Those are either the worst or the best cliff notes ever. I'm guessing it's the former though :club:.
Sorry if this has been said 10x, but what makes me nervous about Ivey here is that you know that he's not afraid to bubble - he's there to win. Which makes me nervous because obviously we all really really really don't want him to bubble.
...I kind of overlooked that
Yeah I've got that, I was just hoping there was a video feed :club: . Sorry if this has been said 10x, but what makes me nervous about Ivey here is that you know that he's not afraid to bubble - he's there to win. Which makes me nervous because obviously we all really really really don't want him to bubble.
If he does play fast, he is gonna chip up nicely as opposed to busting as long as he doesnt keep running into hands. The whole table seems scared.