2009 Wsop $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how often Koop will think about that hand in the next year or so?and would Akenhead just go ahead and bust so I can go to sleep.... I got work tomorrow!

Seat 1: Darvin Moon 44,300,000Seat 2: Jordan Smith 15,430,000Seat 3: James Akenhead 5,100,000Seat 4: Phil Ivey 10,210,000Seat 5: Kevin Schaffel 13,080,000Seat 6: Steven Begleiter 26,495,000Seat 7: Eric Buchman 36,780,000Seat 8: Joe Cada 13,400,000Seat 9: Antoine Saout 10,200,000Seat 10:Jeff Shulman 17,900,000
decent draw for ivey

I dont see why you even get involved here with 53 from early position. You are so close to the November Nine which is much bigger than just the 1.26 million (which is pretty big in and of itself). Why get involved with 53?But yes, the board pairing SHOULD have saved him a ton of chips. If the turn is a brick, I can understand going busto a little better but with the board pairing it is just horrible.

So here's a question:Do you think the remaining players would prefer to bust Ivey now to get him out of there, or given the unique format of the "November Nine" time frame and its promotional opportunities, is it in their overall best interest to keep him afloat for the final nine?

So here's a question:Do you think the remaining players would prefer to bust Ivey now to get him out of there, or given the unique format of the "November Nine" time frame and its promotional opportunities, is it in their overall best interest to keep him afloat for the final nine?
I think it's a push so just play your game. but it is an interesting thought.I also think it is good for poker to keep having blue collar guys as the chip leader of the November Nine. Has to be good for widening poker's appeal.
I dont see why you even get involved here with 53 from early position. You are so close to the November Nine which is much bigger than just the 1.26 million (which is pretty big in and of itself). Why get involved with 53?But yes, the board pairing SHOULD have saved him a ton of chips. If the turn is a brick, I can understand going busto a little better but with the board pairing it is just horrible.
Switch places for a moment and put Ivey (with his stack) in Kopp's shoes.Would Ivey busting there short stacked have been more acceptable? Of course, it's Ivey, so his flush would've been ruled the better hand.
they're probably thinking short term and wanting to bust him.
Switch places for a moment and put Ivey (with his stack) in Kopp's shoes.Would Ivey busting there short stacked have been more acceptable? Of course, it's Ivey, so his flush would've been ruled the better hand.
Ivey being shorter stacked would be even more reason to not raise from EP with 53 soooted right?
It's an abomination from start to finish.
I think it's a push so just play your game. but it is an interesting thought.I also think it is good for poker to keep having blue collar guys as the chip leader of the November Nine. Has to be good for widening poker's appeal.
Obviously, the best case scenario is for Ivey to go on a tear, drum up a bunch of chips and get heads up with a LOGGER FROM WEST VIRGINIA(!!!!) and then lose. Moneymaker version 2.0.
It's probably cause he had so many chips.
It's an abomination from start to finish. Obviously, the best case scenario is for Ivey to go on a tear, drum up a bunch of chips and get heads up with a LOGGER FROM WEST VIRGINIA(!!!!) and then lose. Moneymaker version 2.0.
strongly agree with both thoughts here.Shulman making the final table is also good because I guess CardPlayer is in a feud with Harrah's and every little bit of drama helps. And he is a very well-known player so you have two legit pros.
strongly agree with both thoughts here.Shulman making the final table is also good because I guess CardPlayer is in a feud with Harrah's and every little bit of drama helps. And he is a very well-known player so you have two legit pros.
background?
What happens if 2 people bust in the same hand? November 8?
What if 8 people bust on the same hand? November HU?