Rip Michael Jackson

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Farah, she never could catch a break.
e-val
wow. just wow.I agree you do not just get respect by passing away. But if you do not recognize that Michael Jackson's whole life is just a sad, sad tale shaped by his crazy childhood and a crazy parent then you are being unfair.he does not automatically earn forgiveness by dying but it can prompt us to look at his whole existence and try to understand why it happened.to me, Michael Jackson represents one of America's true tragic figures and his life arc reveals a lot about our celebrity culture, the perils of too much too soon and a whole host of other life lessons.When I was a kid, Jackson was an icon, ten times bigger than any other celebrity. This is the first time I have been emotionally shocked by a non-family member's death since Reggie Lewis (who was/is my favorite non-Heat player of all time).I do hope he found some peace before he passed because he was clearly a very troubled human.
QFTExcept for Reggie Lewis who I have no clue who he is and don't careI would never respect any parent who sent their kid over their after the first incedent, but he was a tragic musical genius.

Please, show some respect... Michael touched many people, some more than others. That means a lot. He never really touched me, but I think that's because I wasn't the right age. Regardless, show some respect

1982 christmas morning I wake up to a jam box and two cassettes,regardless of all the other crap since then that has happened that man was the shizremember FRIDAY NIGHT VIDEOS - pre mtv days , man that billie jean video was pretty cool, then next school year i got introduced to floyd, deep purple , maryjane and pints of vodka at lunch in the smoking pit , on school groundswhatever happened with that,windowslivewriteranotherannoyingtrend-3149ghetto-blaster-051216035418598-wideweb-300x3752.jpgyes, my box was that big thriller2.jpgalb15597.jpg

MJ music marathon going on right now at the fcp/4bb pool house :club: requests?

And all of the little boys around the world slept a little better at night.I'm sure the catholic church will hold some form of mass in his honor.
not cool
You don't earn respect just by dying.
how about selling more than 300 million albums? that deserves respect.
Of course I have. Respecting people who molested countless little boys and pays off their parents to help keep it quiet? Even convincing a 12 year boy who was a CANCER PATIENT to keep in his bed? Now that, I have a hard time stomaching.Sorry, some people are better off dead. Forgive me if I hard time mourning the death of a child molester. But some things I just can't tolerate.
Michael did have some serious issues, but that 12 year old cancer patient he molested later admitted that he made the allegation up.
how about selling more than 300 million albums? that deserves respect.yea but that respect should go out the door when you molest childrenMichael did have some serious issues, but that 12 year old cancer patient he molested later admitted that he made the allegation up.but the first kid got 40 million to go away and there are rumors of many more pay offs to more kids. He went from +750,000,000 to a rumored 400,000,000 in the hole

Watching Full 14 min Thriller music video now at full volume obv! So awesome!

It doesn't matter how many records he sold or how great an entertainer he was. I respect the talent he had as an artist, but that doesn't earn him any respect for who he was as a person.

It doesn't matter how many records he sold or how great an entertainer he was. I respect the talent he had as an artist, but that doesn't earn him any respect for who he was as a person.
^ This sums of my thoughts pretty well.

Does anyone else think this might be a suicide?When I heard about the comeback concerts, I told my wife: there is no way those concerts will happen. Obviously he was forced into it by his financial situation; he hadn't shown his "face" in public for years, and would most likely have looked and sounded like shit. When the first ones were re-scheduled I felt partially vindicated. Now, just a few weeks from the concerts he suddenly dies. I just think there is something fishy about the whole thing.

Does anyone else think this might be a suicide?When I heard about the comeback concerts, I told my wife: there is no way those concerts will happen. Obviously he was forced into it by his financial situation; he hadn't shown his "face" in public for years, and would most likely have looked and sounded like shit. When the first ones were re-scheduled I felt partially vindicated. Now, just a few weeks from the concerts he suddenly dies. I just think there is something fishy about the whole thing.
Yea, the first report I saw said MJ died from a sleeping pill overdose but havent heard anything related to it since.
Please, show some respect... Michael touched many people, some more than others. That means a lot. He never really touched me, but I think that's because I wasn't the right age. Regardless, show some respect
Listen, I love MJ's music more than most people on this forum, I would imagine, but I will not give someone respect just because they have died, when yesterday I would not have. MJ Fucked children, and was in general a horrible, crazy, freakshow of a human being by the time he died. Trying to pretend otherwise is just fiction.

Can we please not use the word "touched" in the thread when talking about Michael Jackson because I can't tell if you're joking around or not?

Listen, I love MJ's music more than most people on this forum, I would imagine, but I will not give someone respect just because they have died, when yesterday I would not have. MJ Fucked children, and was in general a horrible, crazy, freakshow of a human being by the time he died. Trying to pretend otherwise is just fiction.
Indeed...I find this thread somewhat numerous.Some people risk their life in the line of fire, bullets, and risk their life everyday.He sings songs, does a special backwards walk, and molests kids, and everyone is sad over his death, and act as though he has saved all our lives.He has done nothing but provide little entertainment for us, he's is nowhere above or even close to your average cop/doctor/firefighter, etc.If there deaths don't mean anything, then his death was equally shit next to theirs.
Indeed...I find this thread somewhat numerous.Some people risk their life in the line of fire, bullets, and risk their life everyday.He sings songs, does a special backwards walk, and molests kids, and everyone is sad over his death, and act as though he has saved all our lives.He has done nothing but provide little entertainment for us, he's is nowhere above or even close to your average cop/doctor/firefighter, etc.If there deaths don't mean anything, then his death was equally shit next to theirs.
yeah, this is where I'm going to have to disagree with you. Your average cop/doctor/firefighter is extremely replacable. IF one dies, though tragic for their loves ones, means exactly nothing to me, who didn't know them, as I know the institution of cop/doctor/firefighter is secure. When an great individual dies, be it an inventor, a scientist or an artist, then there is no one to replace them. There will be other muscial artists, but there will never be another Michael Jackson. That is what this outcry is about. Because his music meant something to people, in an intimate and personal way. That said, the artist michael jackson has already been dead, for all intents and purposes, for almost 20 years now, since Dangerous came out. You can pin-point the exact moment his artistic career started to spiral into irrelevance right at that absurdly pre-hyped "Black or White "Video. The michael jackson that meant anything to me died ages ago. The freak show that he has become since thing means exactly zero to me, and it's probably merciful to him that he has died, as I can't imagine his insane life brought him much joy.
yeah, this is where I'm going to have to disagree with you. Your average cop/doctor/firefighter is extremely replacable. IF one dies, though tragic for their loves ones, means exactly nothing to me, who didn't know them, as I know the institution of cop/doctor/firefighter is secure. When an great individual dies, be it an inventor, a scientist or an artist, then there is no one to replace them. There will be other muscial artists, but there will never be another Michael Jackson. That is what this outcry is about. Because his music meant something to people, in an intimate and personal way.
You missed my point. I don't care if someone is replaceable or not. I think someone who risks their lives everyday for mine as well is a bit more important than someone who sang some songs and did some dance moves. Yet the news will cover MJ's death the next few weeks more than likely.Kind of makes me sick that people care more about MJ, who we all know molested children, just because he was a popstar.Perhaps that is why I am so jaded in these conversation.