2009 Wsop Event 45 $10,000 World Championship Pot Limit Hold'em

Event 45 of the 2009 WSOP is the $10,000 World Championship of Pot Limit Hold'em and it begins at noon today Vegas time.Both Daniel and Fluffdog are entering. Daniel is still in the Razz event so not totally sure how he is going to juggle the two.Daniel's Twitter Updateshttp://twitter.com/RealKidPoker/Updates from Poker Newshttp://www.pokernews.com/wsop/2009/event-45/Good Luck today Daniel and Justin and any other FCPers who might be playing.Daniel's Twitter Updates23 June 2009, 6:04 pmRealKidPoker: 34k in razz. 27.6k in the PLH and playing it for the 20 min break. At a tough table in the PLH23 June 2009, 6:19 pmRealKidPoker: Won a small pot with JJ in the PLH. Back to Razz. I will also be playing the Omaha 8 today. 3 tourneys at once23 June 2009, 8:39 pmRealKidPoker: I have 24k in the PLH. Steam is coming out of my ears. I an just furiously annoyed and stressed out. Can't handle any beats at the moment.23 June 2009, 8:59 pmRealKidPoker: I am going crazy for real. In the PLH with 29k and in the Omaha 8 also. After that no more till the 50k HORSE23 June 2009, 9:09 pmRealKidPoker: Out of the PLH. Had flush draw turned a straight draw and missed both against Carlos Mortensen. Gonna eat then play Omaha 8

Event #45 - Pot Limit Hold'em ChampionshipThe 2009 Pot Limit Championship kicks off today at noon. This will be the last $10,000 tournament until July 3rd, the Main Event, and many will view this as a precursor to big one.Last year, this event attracted 352 entrants with Nenad Medic taking it down, earning his first WSOP bracelet and $794,112.Players will start with triple stacks of 30,000 with opening blinds of 100-200. Levels will last 60 minutes. Since this is a Pot Limit event, the maximum opening raise will be seven times the small blind.

Curious on some WWYD's from some of of the regular players here ......Ravi Raghavan Folds A SetAfter a flop of K :5c 9 :club: 2 :3h Ravi Raghavan checked and Rob Hollink bet 1,050 from late position. Jani Sointula raised from the button to 2,650.Raghavan then threw out a check-raise to 6,500. Not phased with the check-raise, Hollink four-bet to 19,500. Sointula folded, although he did not look too happy about it.Raghavan went into the tank for several minutes while he shuffled his chips. With about 10,800 behind, Hollink had him covered.Finally, Raghavan folded his cards face up - 2 :4h 2 :ts for bottom set.Hollink took down the pot without showing and moves to 34,200.

Curious on some WWYD's from some of of the regular players here ......Ravi Raghavan Folds A SetAfter a flop of K :5c 9 :club: 2 :3h Ravi Raghavan checked and Rob Hollink bet 1,050 from late position. Jani Sointula raised from the button to 2,650.Raghavan then threw out a check-raise to 6,500. Not phased with the check-raise, Hollink four-bet to 19,500. Sointula folded, although he did not look too happy about it.Raghavan went into the tank for several minutes while he shuffled his chips. With about 10,800 behind, Hollink had him covered.Finally, Raghavan folded his cards face up - 2 :4h 2 :ts for bottom set.Hollink took down the pot without showing and moves to 34,200.
ehhhhhhhhhhh seems close, tons of combo draws out there, preflop action would be nice
ehhhhhhhhhhh seems close, tons of combo draws out there, preflop action would be nice
yeah, i was wondering what happened preflop as well.The board being so straight/flush draw heavy is mainly why I posted the WWYD. Certainly has to make the laydown that much tougher.
definatley against folding face up, just my 2 cents :qh

23 June 2009, 6:04 pmRealKidPoker: 34k in razz. 27.6k in the PLH and playing it for the 20 min break. At a tough table in the PLH23 June 2009, 6:19 pmRealKidPoker: Won a small pot with JJ in the PLH. Back to Razz. I will also be playing the Omaha 8 today. 3 tourneys at once

gl in all 3 tourneys Danielgl FluffJustinFiltzEvan McNiff, Chino, Genius28, Stucke, Yevgeniy, Neil Channing and Sorrel Mizzi at my table. I have 29.2k.about 1 hour ago from Tweetie

23 June 2009, 7:27 pmRealKidPoker: Unscheduled break. Miami John just collapsed. Looks like a heart attack
Play Continues Without Miami JohnThe action was stopped and the room cleared about thirty minutes ago when "Miami" John Cernuto collapsed at the table during a hand. Cernuto was attended to by medics and is now being transported to the hospital.Cernuto was conscious and talking when he was wheeled out of the Brasilia Room on a stretcher, and even gave a wave to the crowd, who gave him a round of applause.Our thoughts and best wishes go out to Miami John and we hope he makes a speedy recovery.Scary stuff

A few updates from today. Things can change quick. Doubled up to 51,600 with the nut flush on the turn against Brandon Adams. I was down to 9,400 20 mins ago. :)41,300 chips at the dinner break. Average is ~47k I lost a 16k pot vs Chino with my KJd vs his Q7s when he was all-in.53,700 chips going into level 9 800/1,600 with 117 players still in. 2 levels left. Adams got crippled Genius28 has a big stack to my leftDemidov joined the table after Adams busted. 56.1kOut in ~85th I lost JJ vs QQ vs a russian guy who plays loose. No major mistakes today. I basically played perfect poker. SighRussian opens hijack to 5.5k I flat bttn Td7x2d He leads 7,200 I flat Turn 3d He cks I bet 10k He moves in for 24.4k more. I call He has QQCan't play better than perfect. Wow, why does this bust bother me this much? I just felt like I was gonna win Reged the $2,500nl/limit trney

I've played so good the last week since Harrahs took my stack out of play in the $2knl it's scary. I'm reading every spot perfect picking the right betting lines and thinking multiple streets ahead, picking the right times to bluff, seeing minute tells, senseing strength and weakness, being patient taking what the table gives me and switching gears.I have never played better than I am right now at this moment in my entire life.

I've played so good the last week since Harrahs took my stack out of play in the $2knl it's scary. I'm reading every spot perfect picking the right betting lines and thinking multiple streets ahead, picking the right times to bluff, seeing minute tells, senseing strength and weakness, being patient taking what the table gives me and switching gears.I have never played better than I am right now at this moment in my entire life.
gg my friend sometimes our best is just not good enough. Got to watch those Russians, they are sneaky and good players. They sure love the slow roll. Keep up the good work tho
what happened in the $2K
what happened in the $2K
He pre-registered and showed up pretty late and they took his stack out of play. They said it was something they did to "protect the players"
He pre-registered and showed up pretty late and they took his stack out of play. They said it was something they did to "protect the players"
I assume he got his 2k back, right?
pretty sure ravi limped for 200 and the guy who 4 bet on the flop made it 700 pre and the other guy and ravi called.