Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By 11/12, Vancouver will have a VERY strong core, still in its prime,Sedin, Sedin, Edler, Luongo, Burrows, Kesler, all locked in, for about 26/27mill. Imagine what they will be able to fill that roster out with then.I love the moves Gillis is making.
ya, keeping Lui with the core team will at least attract other players to come to Vancouver. me, for one, will continue to follow hockey just because of the Lui and twins signings.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So How much of an upset is it if/when CoHo doesn't make the cut?
He probally shouldnt make it based on the preseason. I see no point in keeping him if he isnt going to get 10-12 minutes a night. With their cap situation I dont see him sticking.

Well... here you go:Mats Sundin held a press conference on Wednesday in Sweden to announce his retirement.Sundin had a great career in the NHL, mostly as captain for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Sundin was selected first overall in the 1989 Entry Draft and was full value for the selection. The Swedish superstar had 564 goals and 1349 points in 1346 career NHL games for Quebec, Toronto and a half a season last year with Vancouver. We wish Mats a happy retirement. His next stop will be in the Hall of Fame.http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hock...ticle5879911.ab

Well... here you go:Mats Sundin held a press conference on Wednesday in Sweden to announce his retirement.Sundin had a great career in the NHL, mostly as captain for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Sundin was selected first overall in the 1989 Entry Draft and was full value for the selection. The Swedish superstar had 564 goals and 1349 points in 1346 career NHL games for Quebec, Toronto and a half a season last year with Vancouver. We wish Mats a happy retirement. His next stop will be in the Hall of Fame.http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hock...ticle5879911.ab
wow, u translated that link into english?!I guess Kesler's fantasy numbers just dropped. Even with declining skilz, the Nucks are better with Mats than without. Here's praying that CoHo gets backs to full health and gets a chance to shine in Vancouver. His numbers are just too good to suck.
wow, u translated that link into english?!I guess Kesler's fantasy numbers just dropped. Even with declining skilz, the Nucks are better with Mats than without. Here's praying that CoHo gets backs to full health and gets a chance to shine in Vancouver. His numbers are just too good to suck.
No, copied it all from another website. :club:

Great to see this even if I'm not sure it's true. Definitely think the Nucks always have a chance with Lui and defense but I wouldn't say they're favourites.http://sports.ca.msn.com/nhl/photos/galler...8187&page=8Locking up captain Roberto Luongo and the Sedin twins to long-term deals in the prime of their careers were amazing coups for general manager Mike Gillis. Last season's Northwest Division champs should only be stronger with the additions of Christian Ehrhoff, Mathieu Schneider, and Mikael Samuelsson. They'll be up against some tough divisional competition in the Calgary Flames, but Vancouver is still one of the league's elite - even without Mats Sundin.

4.5 hours until grabbing a table at the Shark Club downtown Gang-Couver with my bullet-proof 'Nucks Jersey for some beer and cheer.Hope all the shootin' and sh!t sticks to the suburbs or doesn't happen at all tonight. I would just like it to stop because it will be hard to move back with the family with all this bullcr@p.Anyways, w00t Canucks!!GL to all the other teams cheered for except Calgary.

what a crappy first period. hopefully the 09-10 Nucks are more like the second half of the game.
And hopefully the Avs can be a good tonic for improvement but they are notoriously good against the Canucks.I agree that the second half was the team we need to see continue this year.
And hopefully the Avs can be a good tonic for improvement but they are notoriously good against the Canucks.I agree that the second half was the team we need to see continue this year.
a Toronto guy cheering for the Nucks!? does serge know about this?

Hey I'm new to the FCP forums here. I live here in Vancouver off Commercial Drive and 1st Ave, and am a big hockey/Canucks fan. Hopefully the first few games aren't a sign of the season!Anyways just wanted to say hi!

Hey I'm new to the FCP forums here. I live here in Vancouver off Commercial Drive and 1st Ave, and am a big hockey/Canucks fan. Hopefully the first few games aren't a sign of the season!Anyways just wanted to say hi!
welcome to the hockey forum
Hello,are you inviting us over for a game?