Wsop 2009 Player Of The Year Goals

Daniel Negreanu's chances for WSOP 2009 Player of the Year  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which previous winner of the WSOP Player of the Year has a good chance fo doing it again?

• Daniel Negreanu (won 2004)
    • Allen Cunningham (won 2005)
    • Jeff Madsen (won 2006)
    • Tom Schneider (won 2007)
    • Erick Lindgren (won 2008)
    • Phil Helmuth (fun fantasy choice)

Here are the stats to beat:2004, a Player of the Year Award has been given to the player with the most points accumulated throughout the World Series. Only "open" events in which all players can participate count in the standings. Beginning with the 2006 World Series of Poker, the Main Event and the $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. competition had no effect on the outcome of the winner of the Player of the Year award. However, in the 2008 World Series of Poker, the $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. event counted toward the Player of the Year award.Year...........Winner...........Bracelets.........Final Tables.......Money Finishes 2004.....Daniel Negreanu.........1......................5......................62005.....Allen Cunningham.......1......................4......................52006.....Jeff Madsen................2......................4.......................42007.....Tom Schneider...........2......................3.......................32008.....Erick Lindgren............1......................3........................5Notice that of all the winners, Daniel has made the most final tables and the most money finishes :club: .Also note that noone has won it twice.Phil Helmuth is not :4h on the list. Apparently he can not only dodge bullets, but also Player of the Year titles. :5c If you thought "Who the hell is Tom Schneider?" :ts you join a lot of people. (I am sure he is a nice guy, but invisible :3h )Sounds fun to see the results.

Questions is a bit too ambiguous, "which previous winner has a good chance?Erick, Allen and DN of course have a good chance, Madsen is pretty good tooWhich on will do the best? Allen IMO

Top choices in no particular order:Me (a win and two top 10's, 8th last year)E-DOG (Won last year and is a better all around player this year)Ivey (He's really good at poker)Greenstien (Plays every event and is consistent)

Would make my dream come true if the final two was Daniel and Phil Hellmuth. I honestly don't think any other combination of people could be better.

Questions is a bit too ambiguous, "which previous winner has a good chance?Erick Allen and DN of course have a good chance, Madsen is pretty good tooWhich on will do the best? Allen IMO
This Eric Allen????eric-allen.jpg
Would make my dream come true if the final two was Daniel and Phil Hellmuth. I honestly don't think any other combination of people could be better.
Do you actually dream about this kinda stuff.

got to see a Daniel and Phil HU all the way, that's the ultimate match up for me to see

Top choices in no particular order:Me (a win and two top 10's, 8th last year)E-DOG (Won last year and is a better all around player this year)Ivey (He's really good at poker)Greenstien (Plays every event and is consistent)
where's the love for cunningham? dude can flat play. underrated imo

Let's be fair to Hellmuth - he basically tied for it I think the year before last, but lost on a technicality. Besides, there are enough things to laugh at Phil about (lol) Obviously, Daniel is the favorite every year due to the fact that he balances being one of the top 3 tournament players in history with being skilled at all the games and having the bankroll to enter as many events as he feels like. Phil Ivey, if he focused on the tournaments like Daniel and Hellmuth would be another favorite, but even with all the cash game action I think Phil will be extra motivated to win a bracelet (or two) this year. Madsen is playing extremely well this year and E-dog, now that he has broken thru with that first bracelet, I expect to win at least 5 more by 2011, so I would never bet against him. My prediction and hope for Daniel is that he wins either the 40k NLHE event that kicks off the WSOP or the 50k HORSE. He has been right there in the mix at least twice in the HORSE event and I believe this is his year. Of course, I predicted he would beat Huck Seed in the NBC Heads UP and he screwed my bracket up losing to Vanessa Rousso (what a streak she is on High Roller event winner and runner up NBC HU) Believe or not, I had Huck, Sammy, Hellmuth and Daniel as my final four in a contest on CardPlayer.com - felt like free money when all that had to happen was Phil and Daniel to win their quarterfinal matches - oh well, I will stop steaming by this time next year - ha ha......... I am not sure how many P.O.Y points can be earned in the more exclusive, higher buy in events but to get back on topic my top 5 (whether they previously won P.O.Y or not) 1) Daniel 4) Ivey 2) Allen 5) Erick 3) Juanda P.S- I would take this group against any 8 other players in a cash won/bracelets won bet (Main Event not included obv.)

I agree with E-Dog on there, I wouldn't be surprised to see him win bracelet #2 this year :ts I think you are a top contender as always, but I'm hoping that you're able to go in the WSOP with a clear mind and focus. I think there are a few people missing that I could see being right in the thick of things but all in all, you're both my top 2. :club:
consistent makes him seem wayyy worse than he is....greenstein can flat out play cards!
Let's be fair to Hellmuth - he basically tied for it I think the year before last, but lost on a technicality. Besides, there are enough things to laugh at Phil about (lol) Obviously, Daniel is the favorite every year due to the fact that he balances being one of the top 3 tournament players in history with being skilled at all the games and having the bankroll to enter as many events as he feels like. Phil Ivey, if he focused on the tournaments like Daniel and Hellmuth would be another favorite, but even with all the cash game action I think Phil will be extra motivated to win a bracelet (or two) this year. Madsen is playing extremely well this year and E-dog, now that he has broken thru with that first bracelet, I expect to win at least 5 more by 2011, so I would never bet against him. My prediction and hope for Daniel is that he wins either the 40k NLHE event that kicks off the WSOP or the 50k HORSE. He has been right there in the mix at least twice in the HORSE event and I believe this is his year. Of course, I predicted he would beat Huck Seed in the NBC Heads UP and he screwed my bracket up losing to Vanessa Rousso (what a streak she is on High Roller event winner and runner up NBC HU) Believe or not, I had Huck, Sammy, Hellmuth and Daniel as my final four in a contest on CardPlayer.com - felt like free money when all that had to happen was Phil and Daniel to win their quarterfinal matches - oh well, I will stop steaming by this time next year - ha ha......... I am not sure how many P.O.Y points can be earned in the more exclusive, higher buy in events but to get back on topic my top 5 (whether they previously won P.O.Y or not) 1) Daniel 4) Ivey 2) Allen 5) Erick 3) Juanda P.S- I would take this group against any 8 other players in a cash won/bracelets won bet (Main Event not included obv.)
:club:
1) Daniel 4) Ivey 2) Allen 5) Erick 3) Juanda P.S- I would take this group against any 8 other players in a cash won/bracelets won bet (Main Event not included obv.)
How much? Escrow to moneyinbag on PS or no not baxter with the amount you want to bet and i will choose my 8.
  • 2 weeks later...
How much? Escrow to moneyinbag on PS or no not baxter with the amount you want to bet and i will choose my 8.
Damn, I wish I had taken my laptop to Vegas with me last week- with Phil winning a bracelet, Daniel finishing 2nd, Juanda final tabling 7 card stud event, and Daniel in the final 17 in 10k omaha 8 or better, plus E-Dog running well in 6 handed NLHE I would be looking pretty good. Oh well, I made some decent money on the Lakers and also Orlando beating Cleveland, plus I won about 5k on my trip. You got lucky my man, lesson learned, I will always take my laptop with me from now on, lol..........