When We Don't C-bet The Flop But Have Showdown Value.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (CO) ($25.60)Button ($24.65)SB ($7.90)BB ($8.20)UTG ($23)MP ($26.75)Preflop: Hero is CO with 3diamond.gif, 3club.gif2 folds, Hero bets $1, Button calls $1, 2 foldsFlop: ($2.35) 9diamond.gif, 7club.gif, 7diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checksTurn: ($2.35) 4heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $1.75, Hero?Let's pretend villain was unknown. I probably needed to c-bet the flop, you're welcome to confirm, but my main question is: Once I decide to check the flop, should I basically always be giving up on the hand unimproved? What about if I'm in position? Obviously if I'm in position and the flop goes check/check he's probably going to be leading a lot of made hands he would've check-raised or check-called the flop with on the turn.

Decently standard cbet spot. Assuming we don't, I think we can sort of safely bet the turn...like I doubt he has a pair most of the time. I mean, we can check/call, but it's going to get messy barring a river 3. I think when we call the turn, we're committed to calling a decent amount of rivers...cause our hand just looks so weak at that point.

Decently standard cbet spot. Assuming we don't, I think we can sort of safely bet the turn...like I doubt he has a pair most of the time. I mean, we can check/call, but it's going to get messy barring a river 3. I think when we call the turn, we're committed to calling a decent amount of rivers...cause our hand just looks so weak at that point.
Cobalt knows his stuff. What's the point of raising with small PPs if you aren't gonna c-bet the safer flops(And turns) like this one?
The only way I see checking this flop is if we know villain will float / raise us like always, then it's probably best to c/fas played, fold
How are we folding this turn? I definitely think we need to cbet here every time bc he doesn't hit a decent percentage of a time. But I might c/r the turn, but I'm definitely calling and getting value from a safe river

Do you think a c/c here is profitable at all when you are OOP, will face heat on a ton of rivers, have no idea where you stand, and can even be counterfeited ?bet/fold turn > c/c absent reads

Do you think a c/c here is profitable at all when you are OOP, will face heat on a ton of rivers, have no idea where you stand, and can even be counterfeited ?bet/fold turn > c/c absent reads
This, and that's why we gotta check-raise it right herewe probably have the best hand right now, end it nowalso, if he folds, there's less rake :club:
Are you only betting if you hit a set?
Totally. I also like to play something like 45% of my hands. I only raise about 3% though. No point in raising AQ. They could have AK. I minraise when I have a monster because I don't want to scare people off their hands. Sometimes I'll slowplay though, because I love to trap people. Besides my exceptional hand reading ability, that's what sets me aside from everybody else in this forum. I can trap people better than teenage pregnancy. Then, when I minbet the river, they never expect I have a monster and they always pay me off. HAHAHAHAHA! Those idiots.
Totally. I also like to play something like 45% of my hands. I only raise about 3% though. No point in raising AQ. They could have AK. I minraise when I have a monster because I don't want to scare people off their hands. Sometimes I'll slowplay though, because I love to trap people. Besides my exceptional hand reading ability, that's what sets me aside from everybody else in this forum. I can trap people better than teenage pregnancy. Then, when I minbet the river, they never expect I have a monster and they always pay me off. HAHAHAHAHA! Those idiots.
Well done. It took me till that sentence to discover if this was a level or for real...
What boards are you continuation betting with 33?
Well done. It took me till that sentence to discover if this was a level or for real...
Come on. The 45/3 should have been the point where you started cracking up haha.
i'd only c-bet A33 flop, don't like the variance much, me.
Nore doe yee like the moderne Englishe Language? Aye Lorde Baltimoree.

I think we're being a lil hard on someone that just messed up and didn't cbet. Cbet this board, you're OOP and you aren't going to get to check down to the river too often, might as well be the one keeping the betting lead. As for turn, bet please but once he bets, I'd just c/f and keep in mind when I should and shouldn't be cbetting.This board isn't great for cbetting, but being OOP sucks and you hafta cbet a much higher% OOP than in.

I think we're being a lil hard on someone that just messed up and didn't cbet. Cbet this board, you're OOP and you aren't going to get to check down to the river too often, might as well be the one keeping the betting lead. As for turn, bet please but once he bets, I'd just c/f and keep in mind when I should and shouldn't be cbetting.This board isn't great for cbetting, but being OOP sucks and you hafta cbet a much higher% OOP than in.
+1
I'm c betting that board like always w 33 when I raised PF. He has to fold a TON of hands to our bet on that board if our range is broad.And being profitable with pp 33 like this is a dream.
What boards are you continuation betting with 33?
I think I actually cbet this one 9 times out of 10, I just grabbed the hand as it was the most recent example of a situation where I was OOP, had failed to c-bet, but had showdown value.Also, that's sort of a general question as board textures that we should be cbetting are decently player and stack size dependent. Against an unknown who's not so short he can check/ship a ton: all of the high card-blank-blank boards including the ones that are two tone and monotone. All of the XXY boards including two tone boards (except apparently this one), the low uncoordinated boards like T 5 2, the XXX boards. Some boards like AQx AJx ATx, etc etc. I'm running out of ideas for board textures now. But the point is there is plenty.
I think I actually cbet this one 9 times out of 10, I just grabbed the hand as it was the most recent example of a situation where I was OOP, had failed to c-bet, but had showdown value.Also, that's sort of a general question as board textures that we should be cbetting are decently player and stack size dependent. Against an unknown who's not so short he can check/ship a ton: all of the high card-blank-blank boards including the ones that are two tone and monotone. All of the XXY boards including two tone boards (except apparently this one), the low uncoordinated boards like T 5 2, the XXX boards. Some boards like AQx AJx ATx, etc etc. I'm running out of ideas for board textures now. But the point is there is plenty.
Sounds good.Was there anything in particular that made you check this flop against this player?
Sounds good.Was there anything in particular that made you check this flop against this player?
Probably just a momentary lapse in concentration. If I have a more important pot on another table I sometimes autopilot other hands and focus on that one.

I played a hand that reminded me of this one, though I think there were some meta considerations that led me to play it like this...Bodog 1/2 NLHE (5-handed)CobaltBlue is dealt :qh:D CobaltBlue: raises $5.00 to $7.00 Blepp2: folds BrianTownsend: calls $7.00 ML1: folds ClayCO Chief: folds --- DEALING FLOP :5c:D:4h CobaltBlue: checks BrianTownsend: checks --- DEALING TURN :3h CobaltBlue: checks BrianTownsend: bets $20.00 CobaltBlue: calls $20.00 --- DEALING RIVER :D CobaltBlue: checks BrianTownsend: bets $32.00 CobaltBlue: calls $32.00 BrianTownsend: shows :club::jh CobaltBlue: shows :D:ts Hand 1618525080: CobaltBlue: wins main pot($119.00)

I played a hand that reminded me of this one, though I think there were some meta considerations that led me to play it like this...Bodog 1/2 NLHE (5-handed)CobaltBlue is dealt :qh:D CobaltBlue: raises $5.00 to $7.00 Blepp2: folds BrianTownsend: calls $7.00 ML1: folds ClayCO Chief: folds --- DEALING FLOP :5c:D:4h CobaltBlue: checks BrianTownsend: checks --- DEALING TURN :3h CobaltBlue: checks BrianTownsend: bets $20.00 CobaltBlue: calls $20.00 --- DEALING RIVER :D CobaltBlue: checks BrianTownsend: bets $32.00 CobaltBlue: calls $32.00 BrianTownsend: shows :club::jh CobaltBlue: shows :D:ts Hand 1618525080: CobaltBlue: wins main pot($119.00)
Do tell more, regarding your though process and metagame influences.I'm looking at this hand and thinking, standard, especially as I got to see the results. But blocking that out... c/c on 4th looks good to me as we've checked twice as the pf aggressor, so he should stab at the pot with atc.The river bet is $32 into ~$55, is this a borderline call in your opinion or are you just going with the OP type mindset that we have showdown value, plus info on villain?Also, how deep are you here?
Do tell more, regarding your though process and metagame influences.I'm looking at this hand and thinking, standard, especially as I got to see the results. But blocking that out... c/c on 4th looks good to me as we've checked twice as the pf aggressor, so he should stab at the pot with atc.The river bet is $32 into ~$55, is this a borderline call in your opinion or are you just going with the OP type mindset that we have showdown value, plus info on villain?Also, how deep are you here?
Villain is pretty notorious for very loosely calling my PF raises, especially in position. He folds a lot to my cbets or my second barrels, but we've been following that pattern a lot so far this session. I wanted to show him another side. I believe that I started the hand with ~$250 and he had maybe $180. The problem with betting the turn in this case is that I expect a lot of villains to raise me, feeling that I usually don't have much. I really don't want to get raised off my draw...especially cause I don't think he has a pair or flush after he checks the flop. On the river, that's a pretty nice blank. I expect him to think I've just got a high heart at that point and put out an okay bet to try to knock me off of it. Based on size, the river bet could be anything really...a bluff or value-bet, but I obviously think he's bluffing a lot.