I agree with AimHigher here, this is an easy shove, you're missing value here by not shoving. I can't imagine a tight ABC player calling a flop bet 10 9, you're obviously not worried about MP here. Sure, UTG may turn over 10 9, but I think he also has a set, 2 pair here alot of the time. SHOVE.

Yes, I do, because even with the dummy end we should have the best hand here (T9 shouldn't have called the flop), and there are too many draws that can river us. Gotta raise big - you can't only raise with the nuts, you know.
point taken

this is easy flat call. A fold is obv out of the question. A re raise is meh. I mean his range is narrow here. He over called a bet and raise on the turn then lead out a river. Is this really a set? I dont think so, and even if it is, he may fold to a re raise on the river.

this is easy flat call. A fold is obv out of the question. A re raise is meh. I mean his range is narrow here. He over called a bet and raise on the turn then lead out a river. Is this really a set? I dont think so, and even if it is, he may fold to a re raise on the river.
We basically have the nuts, why on earth would we not shove? Are we really that scared of one specific holding, which probably would not have called on the flop anyway?
Posted this on the Challenge thread in Gen. Poker but figured I might get a few more responses here.Live 200NL game last night.Effective stacks:Hero ~$350UTG ~$500MP ~$200UTG and MP limp and it folds to me in the button where I see :ts:club: and limp as well.SB folds and BB checks.The flop comes :3h:5c:D BB and UTG check and MP bets $15.I call, SB folds and UTG calls.Turn is :qh UTG checks, MP bets $15 again and I raise to $45. UTG smooth calls as does MP.River is :4h Now UTG leads for $70. MP tanks for almost 2 minutes before making a crying call. Hero?I've played a fair amount of poker with UTG who's an older (65ish) asian guy that plays a straight forward abc poker, never really getting out of line much.No read on MP as he just sat down a few hands ago.
I try to not get stacked with sucker straights in multiway pots. But I think if the straight forward guy turns his gutterball, he's going to shove the nuts over your raise on the turn because there's two clubs, action and an unpaired board showing, so he's going to "protect" IMO. I don't think a shove is horribad, I don't think it earns you a ton of $ from calls over time vs. the times he shows up with 9T.
We basically have the nuts, why on earth would we not shove? Are we really that scared of one specific holding, which probably would not have called on the flop anyway?
Its because his calling range here is IMO only the nut straight. Our straight is not well disguised with a 678 out there. He must be aware of the straight possibilities. so for him to call another raise after he lead out, with less than a straight would be a stretch. If we have the 2nd nut straight on a different board with a more disguised straight, then another raise may be in order. but here, a tight old man who plays ABC must be aware of the likelihood we hold a straight. His bet is most likely a blocker or some weird sht thats not going to call anyway. If we raise do you really think he will call with less than a set? And would he really overcall the turn with a set as opposed to re raising? I guess he could have been hoping for a safe river for his set (not a 5 or 9 basically) and now decides to barrel without regard to our holding. But this is the only good possibility we can have. Id opt for just a call.

If either guy had either of the two gutshots that beat you, so be it. We're not folding.

The river lead, to me, looks like either 1. set value-betting or 2. blocker bet if you do have the little straight, higher set, etc. I can't imagine villain doesn't think you're going to bet the river if checked to as well, because your raise on the turn didn't look like a bluff at all, so very hard to think that at $200NL UTG doesn't c/r the river with 910 instead of leading small.

I try to not get stacked with sucker straights in multiway pots. But I think if the straight forward guy turns his gutterball, he's going to shove the nuts over your raise on the turn because there's two clubs, action and an unpaired board showing, so he's going to "protect" IMO.
This.T9 doesn't play this way with a flush draw on the board and two others in the pot he isn't playing the turn/river the way this guy did. He can't improve his hand anymore, so why wouldn't he be charging two players who are clearly interested in the pot on the turn while he knows he is ahead.River looks like a blocking bet trying to get to showdown. A flat call isn't bad if you want reads on how they play so you can see their hands, a raise here is probably correct.