You know what I love in a politician? Somebody who takes absolutely no responsibility for anything bad that might happen, and who lies constantly and is really really bad at lying. Also people who say 'briefing' a hundred thousand times. She's so great.Actual quote: "No but the point is that I wasn't briefed, I was told - informed that someone else had been briefed about it." Right. You were only the ranking Intelligence Committee leader of Congress. Let somebody else be briefed about it. Actual quote #2: "Now you'll have to look at what they briefed those members. I was not briefed that, I was only informed that they were briefed, but I did not get the briefing." You still haven't read the goddam briefing?? What the hell, dude?

This woman is an idiot and an embarrassment to the Democratic Party. Why the hell does the members of the House like her so much? Unless.......... They think they'd appear to be even bigger idiots were they to occupy the position.

This woman is an idiot and an embarrassment to the Democratic Party.United States Why the hell does the members of the House like her so much? Unless.......... They think they'd appear to be even bigger idiots were they to occupy the position.
I am going to predict that the democrat party throws Nancy under the Botox bus soon as a psychological extention of doing this to Obama. They have invested too much into Obama to not give him more of a chance ( which is a reasonable thing to do imo ) but they also feel a deep seated need to lash out at the ineptitude of the government ( 8 years of thinking the government was evil incarnate doesn't go away over night ) therefore they will channel their frustrations towards the first blatant example of ineptitude ( with the exception of Biden ) and that person is Pelosi.They will then have bought themselves much needed psychological relief points in their mania to see Obama as doing a good job. Any facts to the contrary will be laid at the feet of Nancy as the architect of the $800billion stimulus package that is mostly a failure, and that Obama is now contridicting himself in his new fiscal attitude towards spending. Plus this will give them a recharging of their 'hate the people in charge' pyschological barrier they have raised in their minds to protect them from pesky things like facts.It's really quite machiavellian.But on them or from them I'm not sure.VB?
I am going to predict that the democrat party throws Nancy under the Botox bus soon as a psychological extention of doing this to Obama. They have invested too much into Obama to not give him more of a chance ( which is a reasonable thing to do imo ) but they also feel a deep seated need to lash out at the ineptitude of the government ( 8 years of thinking the government was evil incarnate doesn't go away over night ) therefore they will channel their frustrations towards the first blatant example of ineptitude ( with the exception of Biden ) and that person is Pelosi.They will then have bought themselves much needed psychological relief points in their mania to see Obama as doing a good job. Any facts to the contrary will be laid at the feet of Nancy as the architect of the $800billion stimulus package that is mostly a failure, and that Obama is now contridicting himself in his new fiscal attitude towards spending. Plus this will give them a recharging of their 'hate the people in charge' pyschological barrier they have raised in their minds to protect them from pesky things like facts.It's really quite machiavellian.But on them or from them I'm not sure.VB?
I like this theory, it's well done, but I think its off in a couple of places. Pelosi very well may become a scapegoat and capture the brunt of people's pent up frustrations. But I don't think they are frustrations that result from what Obama has done -- that is to say, I think people who supported him still feel very positively about him. The things that appear as contradictions to an Obama-hater are seen as evidence of his ability to see both sides of an issue by an Obama-lover. Take a look at his speech about abortion today -- I think his special skill is to make everyone feel like he understand them, and that's part of what he was doing with the recent comments. I'm not defending the apparent contradictions, but rather explaining the psyche of the Obama-ite. I think they are all still just as under the spell as ever and are not secretly angry and looking to take it out on someone.

I meant to come here and blast her when I saw this story a few days ago. seriously, I really couldn't hate her more. pretty much the only time I like hearing about anything political is when this sort of thing goes down. it just warms the soul.

I like this theory, it's well done, but I think its off in a couple of places. Pelosi very well may become a scapegoat and capture the brunt of people's pent up frustrations. But I don't think they are frustrations that result from what Obama has done -- that is to say, I think people who supported him still feel very positively about him. The things that appear as contradictions to an Obama-hater are seen as evidence of his ability to see both sides of an issue by an Obama-lover. Take a look at his speech about abortion today -- I think his special skill is to make everyone feel like he understand them, and that's part of what he was doing with the recent comments. I'm not defending the apparent contradictions, but rather explaining the psyche of the Obama-ite. I think they are all still just as under the spell as ever and are not secretly angry and looking to take it out on someone.
Well I think you are right and wrong.On the one hand, I agree that the Obamanation isn't secretly mad at him, they still hold onto the idea that he inherited everything and is innocent of any wrongdoing. On the outside.But Helen Keller can see that things are bad and the prognosis for the near future at best is this is the bottom that will last for a while longer.The problem is that what was promised, what the theme of his rise to power, was change and hope. The future isn't showing any signs of positive change and less hope for most. Even watching rich people get smacked down is finally forcing people on the left to realize that their lives do not improve just because someone they have demonized is made to suffer. It's like they finally got their mob mentality attitude towards the 'bad guy' and in the back of their mind they are realizing that they have been duped into thinking that dragging the successful down will somehow elevate them.Instead it just makes their place lower than before.The left has spent 8 years enforcing these ideas, and used them effectively to regain full power in the House, Senate and the White House. Unfortunately they are exactly at the same place Robert Redford was at the end of The Candidate, asking; "Now what do I do?"...and the silence is painful reality.I may be enjoying this more than I should.
Well I think you are right and wrong.On the one hand, I agree that the Obamanation isn't secretly mad at him, they still hold onto the idea that he inherited everything and is innocent of any wrongdoing. On the outside.But Helen Keller can see that things are bad and the prognosis for the near future at best is this is the bottom that will last for a while longer.The problem is that what was promised, what the theme of his rise to power, was change and hope. The future isn't showing any signs of positive change and less hope for most. Even watching rich people get smacked down is finally forcing people on the left to realize that their lives do not improve just because someone they have demonized is made to suffer. It's like they finally got their mob mentality attitude towards the 'bad guy' and in the back of their mind they are realizing that they have been duped into thinking that dragging the successful down will somehow elevate them.Instead it just makes their place lower than before.The left has spent 8 years enforcing these ideas, and used them effectively to regain full power in the House, Senate and the White House. Unfortunately they are exactly at the same place Robert Redford was at the end of The Candidate, asking; "Now what do I do?"...and the silence is painful reality.I may be enjoying this more than I should.
you are enjoying it too much because you have left out the most important piece of the puzzle......the GOP has managed to come off even worse during Obama's missteps. Keep trotting out Cheney and Newt. Winning strategy. And the in-fighting has been priceless (usually its only the Dems that cant seem to get out of their own way). It isnt like the right is capitalizing on a chance to regain ground.
you are enjoying it too much because you have left out the most important piece of the puzzle......the GOP has managed to come off even worse during Obama's missteps. Keep trotting out Cheney and Newt. Winning strategy. And the in-fighting has been priceless (usually its only the Dems that cant seem to get out of their own way). It isnt like the right is capitalizing on a chance to regain ground.
I think this has clearly shown that Wahington as a rule is full of boneheaded idiots.Very few shining stars on the horizon.The current Pres was suppose to be the dems, but I think we all agree that he was measured and found wanting
I think this has clearly shown that Wahington as a rule is full of boneheaded idiots.Very few shining stars on the horizon.The current Pres was suppose to be the dems, but I think we all agree that he was measured and found wanting
-10,000 for quoting that movie. I wont even print its title.LOL at him being measured and found wanting after a few months. Thats ridiculous even for you. And there has been too much he has done that I really like to throw him under the bus for a few growing pains. (I suppose we could have ridiculed Bush's early performance....if he was not on vacation the whole time).
-10,000 for quoting that movie. I wont even print its title.LOL at him being measured and found wanting after a few months. Thats ridiculous even for you. And there has been too much he has done that I really like to throw him under the bus for a few growing pains. (I suppose we could have ridiculed Bush's early performance....if he was not on vacation the whole time).
Really? You're going to go with the; "Bush was always on vaction while masterminding the take over of the executive branch after stealing an election while letting Cheny run the government except for when he was doing things to impress his daddy or make his oil friends rich" line?You guys are going to need some new material
Really? You're going to go with the; "Bush was always on vaction while masterminding the take over of the executive branch after stealing an election while letting Cheny run the government except for when he was doing things to impress his daddy or make his oil friends rich" line?You guys are going to need some new material
I think the story goes that he was on vacation from the stolen election up until 9/11, when Cheney and his cronies seized the opportunity to puppet him into grabbing power for the executive branch.
But Helen Keller can see that things are bad and the prognosis for the near future at best is this is the bottom that will last for a while longer.
have you been following the market at all since march? almost every bit of data has met or beat expectations. not that this has anything to do with obama's policies, but the outlook is finally positive and it's looking like a recovery might be around the corner.
Even watching rich people get smacked down is finally forcing people on the left to realize that their lives do not improve just because someone they have demonized is made to suffer.
seriously, what world do you live in? none of this has come to pass, nor will it ever under Obama. so far, the only people I've seen smacked down by Obama are the Chrysler debt holders, and they pretty much had it coming...
have you been following the market at all since march? almost every bit of data has met or beat expectations. not that this has anything to do with obama's policies, but the outlook is finally positive and it's looking like a recovery might be around the corner.seriously, what world do you live in? none of this has come to pass, nor will it ever under Obama. so far, the only people I've seen smacked down by Obama are the Chrysler debt holders, and they pretty much had it coming...
sigh...Let's be clear...I never let facts get in the way of any political rants against the democratsSecond...well, I don't know if there is a second, but I'm sure someone will say something intelligent and I will ride those coattails to the democrat's grave my friendTO THE GRAVE
I think the story goes that he was on vacation from the stolen election up until 9/11, when Cheney and his cronies seized the opportunity to puppet him into grabbing power for the executive branch.
Whatever flavor koolaide makes you happy
sigh...Let's be clear...I never let facts get in the way of any political rants against the democratsSecond...well, I don't know if there is a second, but I'm sure someone will say something intelligent and I will ride those coattails to the democrat's grave my friendTO THE GRAVE
I am going to take this oportunity to address the topic I brought up before. Chrysler's creditors. the situation makes me sick. it's a testament to why the well-established bankruptcy procedures should be respected. it's not that I think Obama was wrong to villify the creditors (they assuredly WERE trying to take advantage of you and I) in the media... I just hate to see the negotiating process turned into a media spectacle.
I am going to take this oportunity to address the topic I brought up before. Chrysler's creditors. the situation makes me sick. it's a testament to why the well-established bankruptcy procedures should be respected. it's not that I think Obama was wrong to villify the creditors (they assuredly WERE trying to take advantage of you and I) in the media... I just hate to see the negotiating process turned into a media spectacle.
Very true but totally predictable.Does Obama favor the unions who backed his campaign or the evil hedge funds that most Americans don't care about. Hmm... tough one there.Except for the Executive powers reform which he has backtracked on (i.e. keeping all the powers that Bush/Cheney wanted), he has done pretty much what he said he was going to do.Also, since I know that you follow the stock market, the market has done very well since he came into office. You can make the good argument that he didn't have anything to do with that but so what - most people only care about results and the results have been good.
Very true but totally predictable.Does Obama favor the unions who backed his campaign or the evil hedge funds that most Americans don't care about. Hmm... tough one there.
I don't think I was very clear. I guess I would just say that their asking price showed a bit of opportunism. They made terrible lending decisions and attempted to rectify it by asking for an inordinate sum of public money. I'm glad they got smacked down, but I just wish it had been done in way that involved less media and political hype.
Except for the Executive powers reform which he has backtracked on (i.e. keeping all the powers that Bush/Cheney wanted), he has done pretty much what he said he was going to do.Also, since I know that you follow the stock market, the market has done very well since he came into office. You can make the good argument that he didn't have anything to do with that but so what - most people only care about results and the results have been good.
If he can balance the budget when economic times are better, I will dutifully vote for him in the next election. I can forgive his huge splurge simply because people look to the government in times like these.I would argue that his administration has been nothing but a distraction option for the last few months. He and the media spent what, more than a month? talking about trivial AIG bonuses. Then we had the stress testing process, which basically duplicated accounting work done internally in banks on a constant basis. I want investigations. I want to see people in prison. ENOUGH of the current and former goldman executives ramming it up the general public's behind.
If he can balance the budget when economic times are better, I will dutifully vote for him in the next election. I can forgive his huge splurge simply because people look to the government in times like these.
It's OK to destroy the economy for a decade if the public asks for it? I would like to think our leaders are a bit more intelligent than the darkest fears of the teeming masses, but maybe I just have high standards.
It's OK to destroy the economy for a decade if the public asks for it? I would like to think our leaders are a bit more intelligent than the darkest fears of the teeming masses, but maybe I just have high standards.
yes, your standards are too high. if obama had gone with your optimal game plan, we'd still be waiting for economic recovery right now. I think it's safe to say he'd catch a LOT of blame for sitting on the sidelines in that scenario, and right now his only real goal is getting re-elected in 2012.
yes, your standards are too high. if obama had gone with your optimal game plan, we'd still be waiting for economic recovery right now. I think it's safe to say he'd catch a LOT of blame for sitting on the sidelines in that scenario, and right now his only real goal is getting re-elected in 2012.
Uh, we ARE still waiting for the recovery, and any recovery that happens in the next six months will be quickly overshadowed by double digit inflation. At any rate, getting blamed by idiots for doing the right thing is not a problem a president should worry about. Americans need to elect a president who is more worried about doing good rather than polling well.
Uh, we ARE still waiting for the recovery, and any recovery that happens in the next six months will be quickly overshadowed by double digit inflation. At any rate, getting blamed by idiots for doing the right thing is not a problem a president should worry about. Americans need to elect a president who is more worried about doing good rather than polling well.
I'm saying NOTHING would be different right now regardless of what your plan of action is. So yes, we agree about the here and now. And I do think inflation is coming as well.We can agree on what Americans need to look for in a president, but it ain't gonna change the fact that it's a +EV political play to say and do the wrong stuff because it pleases the morons. I personally think higher education standards, possibly an expansion of high school curricula, would nip this problem. The practice of building in time for people to fail up to four classes in the four years in high school probably needs to end.
I personally think higher education standards, possibly an expansion of high school curricula, would nip this problem. The practice of building in time for people to fail up to four classes in the four years in high school probably needs to end.
Or we let the people who decide to slack off like that fail harder, and the people that work hard be rewarded more. Thus encouraging the people who are on the fence about slacking off or working hard to hop on the side of working hard.I was a fence rider in high school, I opted to be a slack off because the amount of effort and time lost with friends to get a full scholarship to a good school was too much compared to going easy then just going to to a community college to take basic classes for cheap and then transfer to a good college. Math 101 is still Math 101 whether you go to community college or 30k+ semester private school.

I did a facebook quiz today and my result was 'very liberal' and a picture of Nancy Pelosi. yay.

I did a facebook quiz today and my result was 'very liberal' and a picture of Nancy Pelosi. yay.
If I did a test that said my thinking was on par with Nancy Pelosi;A. I would not tell anyoneB. I would seriously reconsider my worldview choices