Surgery Sweat Thread

Grandpa going in for an internal defribulator (shocky thing) today. I'm pacing around the house. He's 80 and the best guy around.The surgery's not supposed to be a huge deal, so it's not like he needs to suck out, just dodge runner, runner. But anytime an 80 year old is having wiring done on his heart there's a risk.So kind words appreciated.In poker related news:Making the switch from poker living back to real life is ridiculous. I have a full time job, which apparently means you have to show up EVERY week day, (took today off b/c of the surgery). That's pretty sick though, I mean, M-F wow. Also there's a pretty strict dress code of always having to wear pants which I find draconian.My girlfriend loves that she no longer gets home to find me still in a robe. I'm already making plans to go back to the gambol if it gets legalized.Anyway, let's all pray for a good hold for Grandpa Bob.

GL to your Grandpa.

Couldn't help but laugh at the runner, runner part. Is everything poker to you people?Don't worry, those shocky things are very common these days. Pretty wild technology. He'll be fine.By the way, was "pacing around the house" a deliberate pun? If so, pretty clever. Assuming he's getting a pacemaker too. If not, then it's not really clever.

Couldn't help but laugh at the runner, runner part. Is everything poker to you people?Don't worry, those shocky things are very common these days. Pretty wild technology. He'll be fine.By the way, was "pacing around the house" a deliberate pun? If so, pretty clever. Assuming he's getting a pacemaker too. If not, then it's not really clever.
pacemaker yes, deliberate pun, no. Well played sir, I normally catch those.Thanks for the love btw.

Best wishes to you and your grandpa. He will be fine. My dad had one put in after his second heart attack. Its a really easy surgery and like others have said, very common. The only weird thing you will have to get used to is looking at the bulge of the battery pack on the left side of his chest. My dad had his put in like 4 years ago and i still cringe when i see him without a shirt on. But he doesn't even notice it.

Hope everything turns out ok. My wife works for a cardiologist. these things are so routine anymore, it is scary. Best wishes.

gl and my prays to your grampa

what do you mean "you people?"

UPDATE:Thank you everyone. Bob is through the surgery and okay. There's a glitch with one of the wires and if the doctors can't figure it out they may have to go back in. We're all a little bummed about that, but he's doing alright.Mostly Bob just wants this all over with so he can get back out on his bike. He still rides more than fifty miles a week (more than I've ridden in years) and is annoyed about the off time. He's in good spirits though and expects this all to be worked out soon.Thanks for the well wishin'. If he goes back under the knife I'll probably bump this.