2009 Offseason Thread

I knew you would know. Also, I am pretty sure Parcells did something similar with a player in Dallas when he took over but I can't think of who it was.
Antonio Bryant AND Joey Galloway.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Detroit get Cutler. It's been talked about for weeks and after todays report it's been pretty much all they have been talking about. Sadly all the Lions have is picks and if they can figure out what Denver wants maybe they can work out a 3 team trade. I would rather see the Lions give up the 1st pick if for Cutler if they plan to take Stafford. Save money as you will have to pay Stafford an kings ransom and you have a proven QB.
Not being funny but why would Cutler want to go to a 0-16 team. Even the Raiders would be a better destination at the moment.
Not being funny but why would Cutler want to go to a 0-16 team. Even the Raiders would be a better destination at the moment.
any team would be better in Cutler's eyes.
New regime, new players, more experienced coaches, Calvin Johnson?This Lions team, THANK GOD, is not the same team from last year. All new coaches who actually have spent the off-season looking and picking up decent pieces to replace the Tampa Bay practice squad that the last regime brought in the last three years during the free agent signing period. I find myself a little excited about this team for the first time in about...8 years.
Yeah, no team can turn it around in 1 season. Except the Dolphins, the Lions lost 1/2 their games by 10 points or less. Add a few players, draft good and they could easily be .500 next season. Not saying they will, but it has been done and they have some pieces already in place, just missing a few key pieces like I don't know a franchise QB.
Yeah, no team can turn it around in 1 season. Except the Dolphins, the Lions lost 1/2 their games by 10 points or less. Add a few players, draft good and they could easily be .500 next season. Not saying they will, but it has been done and they have some pieces already in place, just missing a few key pieces like I don't know a franchise QB.
the Dolphins went from 1-15 to 11-5 with a culture change, a new, vastly improved QB and an easy schedule.If the Lions had Cutler and found some D they could easily win 7-8 games with their (assumedly) easy sked.
the Dolphins went from 1-15 to 11-5 with a culture change, a new, vastly improved QB and an easy schedule.If the Lions had Cutler and found some D they could easily win 7-8 games with their (assumedly) easy sked.
Home: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Washington Redskins, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh SteelersAway: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Saints, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Along with playing in a weak division, the schedule looks pretty favorable for Detroit.
Home: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Washington Redskins, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh SteelersAway: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Saints, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Along with playing in a weak division, the schedule looks pretty favorable for Detroit.
the Niners will win the NFC West in 2009.
Is it finalized about the Cutler deal yet? If they pick him up, I will agree with you.
According to local Bay Area radio, a report that was circulating today that the Niners were trying to work out a deal for Cutler was an April's Fools day joke.Isaac Bruce did announce he was coming back to the 49ers next year though, so we've got that going for us... :club:
According to local Bay Area radio, a report that was circulating today that the Niners were trying to work out a deal for Cutler was an April's Fools day joke.Isaac Bruce did announce he was coming back to the 49ers next year though, so we've got that going for us... :club:
Ah, I see.

Cutler to the 49ers? Very interesting. They HAVE to pick up a WR to go with him.....either trade for Boldin or Burress or make sure to get someone good in the 1st round of the draft.Edit: Way to post about 30 seconds too late to save me Patrick. Thats too bad....San Fran SHOULD be looking long and hard at picking up Cutler. He makes sense for them and it would rejuvenate a fanbase that got spoiled in the 70s, 80s and most of the 90s.

Is it finalized about the Cutler deal yet? If they pick him up, I will agree with you.
The Niners don't need Cutler. Smith and Hill will both fit well into the new heavy running game offense that Singletary and Raye want to run. We need another good RB over a good QB imo.
cutler to the niners is unlikely. I see him going to the redskins or the buccaneers very soon.
redskins? really? i think they still like Campbell.Bucs makes perfect sense. So does half the nfc north. Jets could be a player too.If I was Chicago, I would do whatever it takes. Cutler's arm can handle the winds of Chicago.
The Niners don't need Cutler. Smith and Hill will both fit well into the new heavy running game offense that Singletary and Raye want to run. We need another good RB over a good QB imo.
good running backs = dime a dozengood QBs = goldAlex Smith is a bust. Hill might have some promise. If I could have Cutler instead, I would.
  • 3 weeks later...

Did I miss the draft? (checks google) Oh its this weekend. Since I generally do pay not attention to the NFL between February and August I have no idea who are the biggest stars of the upcoming draft. Is there any major reason why I should watch any of it this weekend?

Did I miss the draft? (checks google) Oh its this weekend. Since I generally do pay not attention to the NFL between February and August I have no idea who are the biggest stars of the upcoming draft. Is there any major reason why I should watch any of it this weekend?
This years draft is one of the deepest in a while, and the Patriots have a ton of picks in the first 3 rounds.
This years draft is one of the deepest in a while, and the Patriots have a ton of picks in the first 3 rounds.
From all I've read, this is the most top heavy, weakest (in terms of depth) draft in a while.
From all I've read, this is the most top heavy, weakest (in terms of depth) draft in a while.
I don't know what you've been reading, but that's pretty much the exact opposite of reality. There are not a lot of "elete" players, in fact if this draft is thin anywhere it's at the top, but you'll be able to get first round value deep into the 2nd round.

omg I get home to look at draft and headline is "Top 10 NFL Draft pick is ripped by experts"I pray please not Raiders please not Raiders.God damnit

omg I get home to look at draft and headline is "Top 10 NFL Draft pick is ripped by experts"I pray please not Raiders please not Raiders.God damnit
Congratulations on getting the next James Jett.