Im Taking On Students (mtt)

zoo, some of the most profitable and successful players on the planet could possibly be the worst teachers ever. And on the contrary, some people who don't have time to put in tons of volume (whether it be school, social life or family) could be excellent teachers but just haven't played enough to overcome variance that comes with playing high stakes tournaments. Until you can prove that nnb is a bad "teacher," then you should just quit trolling the thread...innocent until proven guilty imo

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

zoo, some of the most profitable and successful players on the planet could possibly be the worst teachers ever. And on the contrary, some people who don't have time to put in tons of volume (whether it be school, social life or family) could be excellent teachers but just haven't played enough to overcome variance that comes with playing high stakes tournaments. Until you can prove that nnb is a bad "teacher," then you should just quit trolling the thread...innocent until proven guilty imo
My head gets bigger everytime I see your sig.
This^^^^At the same time, if I were a prospective student I would want to know why NNB is a good teacher especially since by all acconts this is his first go at this. I'm pretty sure I know why, but I don't know if its been articulated that well up to this point. I am fairly sure if some of the people who talk poker with him on a regular basis agree that he is a good coach and came in here to explain why we could be done with all the drama.
This^^^^At the same time, if I were a prospective student I would want to know why NNB is a good teacher especially since by all acconts this is his first go at this. I'm pretty sure I know why, but I don't know if its been articulated that well up to this point. I am fairly sure if some of the people who talk poker with him on a regular basis agree that he is a good coach and came in here to explain why we could be done with all the drama.
I dont rly think there is rly any drama (or atleast anymore)? Just a few guys who are very outspoken...
haha, this is fun.Seriously, get over yourself.LOL, imagine if you had lost one flip in the tournament where you cashed $40k? Or any other tourney where you went deep? I think you need to step back and take a good look at yourself. Your reality is skewed.I don't recall saying you suck. Based on your results you are marginal at best which, in the poker world, is pretty good. At least you aren't losing a ton. Don't know if it qualifies you to teach though.
you are seriously such an ignorant ****ing prick

lol, at all of you.Personal attacks for someone pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.Why would anyone in their right mind shell out any money to be taught anything by someone who has had no success in the field being taught and has no teaching experience what so ever?I am pretty sure all of you who are blowing smoke up NNB's ass are delusional. Think about what he is offering and tell me honestly if you would sign up based on his 'credentials' if you did not know him personally.

lol, at all of you.Personal attacks for someone pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.Why would anyone in their right mind shell out any money to be taught anything by someone who has had no success in the field being taught and has no teaching experience what so ever?I am pretty sure all of you who are blowing smoke up NNB's ass are delusional. Think about what he is offering and tell me honestly if you would sign up based on his 'credentials' if you did not know him personally.
Stop being an asshole, just let the man have his thread. You are a nobody and there isn't anyone who gives a shit what your opinion is.
bird-on-no-bird-sign.jpg
Stop being an asshole, just let the man have his thread. You are a nobody and there isn't anyone who gives a shit what your opinion is.
Good argument. Obviously I don't have the requisite number of posts to properly read NNB's OPR stats. NNB's overwhelming number of high post count supporters is definitely proof that he is a fine poker player and will be a fantastic teacher. Where do I sign up?

Meh, I'm probably as informed as anybody when it comes to how NNB plays and I think you are all being a little silly. Regarding his results, as far as I know he was a long time losing player before he started with BKiCe, which explains a lot of his early failures especially from a time perspective. Honestly you can't just look at his results as a whole as he started off a losing player and has turned himself into a profitable one. I won't get into the variance of high stakes MTTs, since I'm sure you all don't want to hear it.It's nice to think that all the best players are the ones making all the money, but life doesn't work that way. Lower volume players like NNB can play profitable poker, hit streaks of variance and have meh results. It's just the way it is and believe me I know this better than anyone here for sure as I think I've played as many high stakes MTTs as almost anyone on FCP. This program is being offered to people who are looking to move up from micro/small stakes to mid/high stakes and NNB is clearly qualified to do this.Perhaps the dude harping on his results should filter them a little bit, take out all the biggest and toughest tournaments like the 1k/100r, 2500s etc and I imagine you'll see that NNB is a winning player over a big sample in probably everything from 25$ freezeouts to $200's. It'd be nice if you could just look at someone's results and have a perfect idea of what they know, how they can teach, and how they play but it's not the case and anybody pretending otherwise is misinformed. If you are looking to move up from the small stakes to a higher level you're a fool if you think NNB can't help you in any regard. Do I think he should tweak his price and some of the things he's offering? Yes, but if you have the money and want to improve then you should look into it. That's all I got.

Come on, relax some of you.It IS fair, to ask the credentials of the teacher... stop the random abuse for once.
I agree with you. I've talked to Baxter and his friends at times, and they are nice guys, and great players. It is fair for zoo to ask his questions though, however some of his questions could have been asked a better way, and some of the answers given to him could have been answered in a way better way.Edit: Well put GMJ.
Meh, I'm probably as informed as anybody when it comes to how NNB plays and I think you are all being a little silly. Regarding his results, as far as I know he was a long time losing player before he started with BKiCe, which explains a lot of his early failures especially from a time perspective. Honestly you can't just look at his results as a whole as he started off a losing player and has turned himself into a profitable one. I won't get into the variance of high stakes MTTs, since I'm sure you all don't want to hear it.It's nice to think that all the best players are the ones making all the money, but life doesn't work that way. Lower volume players like NNB can play profitable poker, hit streaks of variance and have meh results. It's just the way it is and believe me I know this better than anyone here for sure as I think I've played as many high stakes MTTs as almost anyone on FCP. This program is being offered to people who are looking to move up from micro/small stakes to mid/high stakes and NNB is clearly qualified to do this.Perhaps the dude harping on his results should filter them a little bit, take out all the biggest and toughest tournaments like the 1k/100r, 2500s etc and I imagine you'll see that NNB is a winning player over a big sample in probably everything from 25$ freezeouts to $200's. It'd be nice if you could just look at someone's results and have a perfect idea of what they know, how they can teach, and how they play but it's not the case and anybody pretending otherwise is misinformed. If you are looking to move up from the small stakes to a higher level you're a fool if you think NNB can't help you in any regard. Do I think he should tweak his price and some of the things he's offering? Yes, but if you have the money and want to improve then you should look into it. That's all I got.
Excellent post. I'm guessing you have been around the block a few times (or are mature beyond your years).
Come on, relax some of you.It IS fair, to ask the credentials of the teacher... stop the random abuse for once.
ofc, whoever said it wasn't.. it was the manner in which he did so that was the issue (at least for me)
I agree with you. I've talked to Baxter and his friends at times, and they are nice guys, and great players. It is fair for zoo to ask his questions though, however some of his questions could have been asked a better way, and some of the answers given to him could have been answered in a way better way.Edit: Well put GMJ.
Can you give me an example of how I could have worded a question differently that would have received a less hostile and more constructive response? I'm not trying to defend what I said or the way I said it, I am truly interested to know how I can word things differently in the future (you know, the old 'attract more flies with honey instead of vinegar' thing).
Can you give me an example of how I could have worded a question differently that would have received a less hostile and more constructive response? I'm not trying to defend what I said or the way I said it, I am truly interested to know how I can word things differently in the future (you know, the old 'attract more flies with honey instead of vinegar' thing).
Ok, I'll answer myself. You are 'no not baxter' on Fultilt and 'moneyinbag' on Pokerstars, correct?If so, your MTT numbers on OPR aren't exactly impressive. In fact, if you take away your $40k score in June of last year, you are an overall loser at MTTs. Even with that score I think you would be marginally profitable over the 3 years that are tracked. What exactly will you be teaching your students?
I mean you had a question to ask that you already knew the answer to, but you kind of went out of your way to "set him up" so you could knock him down. Your point isn't really good either.. (if you hadn't won, then you'd be a loser). Plus, like GMJ said, a big reason for this is he's playing high stakes MTT's now, and the varience is huge as there are a ton more great players. The players NNB is looking to teach aren't going to be playing the high stakes MTT's yet.
LolI am definitely not a coach. I play poker strictly for recreation (though I am a profitable player so maybe I should be coaching :club: ).I just think someone who is offering lessons should be able to back up his teaching with personal success of some kind.Unless he is teaching students how to handle 'variance', I don't see what a losing/break even poker player could possibly teach.I don't mean to subvert what nnb is trying to do here, I just think potential students (for any kind of training) should research the teacher/training company before they put their hard earned cash into anything.If you are ok with nnb's marginal success over the last three years and think he has something to teach then sign up.If you are so keen to learn, take the time to teach yourself about what you are getting for your money.
Most of this is just arrogant.
It's funny when people who haven't accomplished even a third of what you've done start ragging on your skills.
I'm sorry to have to keep bringing this up but what accomplishments? The only response I have received is that NNB has been getting kicked in the ass by variance for the last 3 years.
I mean you had a question to ask that you already knew the answer to, but you kind of went out of your way to "set him up" so you could knock him down.
Not true at all. I had no idea what his screen names were. I waited for a response which did not come so I used the forum search function to see if I could find his screen names.
Your point isn't really good either.. (if you hadn't won, then you'd be a loser).
NNB used the exact same argument the other way to say if he had won more flips he would be a big winner. I think it works both ways.
Most of this is just arrogant.
I was defending my argument to a previous poster. Sorry if what I said offended you.