Poker News Bashing Negreanu

Honestly, this article is so absurd on a number of levels.It's really not even worth discussing....
That article is so badly written and makes no sense at all.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this article is not a English assignment I don't care how well it was written. The premise is that DN has been in better financial shape then he currently is in as is Todd Brunson, Barry Greenstein and countless others..One of the many threads on this forum ask how much money these guys have and 9/10 suggested that guys like DN, Doyle and Hellmuth have 40-50 million or more...This line of thinking is just crazy and I said that in those threads..(I refuse to use the search function..lol)..The bottom line is not many people are better off right now that in recent past. Lastly, DN will be fine as long as he does not bet on that golf swing of his....
So Daniel is worse off financially than he was 2 years ago? Stop the presses this is huge news considering the shape of the economy.If you can insert 95% of the populations name into your premise and still have the same article, I would say its not a very good article.Mark
My son writes better than that. He's 15 months old. give him a couple of crayons and, yeah, he may eat a few...but the final product will be far superior to that article.
I like this a lot. Very funny imo. :club:
Since this article is not a English assignment I don't care how well it was written.
If Pokernews want to be respected as a news organization they need to have well written, well thought-out and unbiased articles. This article has none of those qualities. In a way it could be treated as a kind of English assignment.
No I'm pretty sure he won 800k.I think Barry even asks him "Wait so you broke even or won 800?" and he says "Whats the difference?"
I hate other rich guys who brag about their money like this :icon_hand:In other news, I just won $7 from Nutzbuster for taking the under on our: "How long till the DN is bust rumor starts for '09"He picked February 18th...a real nail biter there for me

felt like a joke to me the entire time? i'm pretty sure you guys are taking this too seriously

My son writes better than that. He's 15 months old. give him a couple of crayons and, yeah, he may eat a few...but the final product will be far superior to that article.
I didn't read the article nor do I care about DN at all but yea, this was funny
well said guys, fully agreethat article is worse than any of my posts lol, Daniel and Barry have class that article is clueless.
Lets not get crazy here...
felt like a joke to me the entire time? i'm pretty sure you guys are taking this too seriously
Daniel Negranu's honor is not something to be taken lightly

This article was so badly written and so blatantly false, I felt compelled to send in a contact form to PokerNews explaining how frustrated I was that they let this go to press.

I hate other rich guys who brag about their money like this :icon_hand:In other news, I just won $7 from Nutzbuster for taking the under on our: "How long till the DN is bust rumor starts for '09"He picked February 18th...a real nail biter there for me
DAMMIT!!!!
So Daniel is worse off financially than he was 2 years ago? Stop the presses this is huge news considering the shape of the economy.If you can insert 95% of the populations name into your premise and still have the same article, I would say its not a very good article.Mark
I'm not sure 95% of the population is playing .1.2 NL or whatever micro DN is playing....I must be part of the 5% that is better off financial today. All my money is handled by Bernie Madoff and if I had any problems with my investments I would have heard from him by now..
Just out of curiosity, Does anyone here know firsthand that the article is false?
The amount of things in that article that are false are much much more than any of the things in that article that are true.One example being that Daniel has been a massive loser online.My guess is that Daniel is a small winner at Stars over the last 2 years since he joined up with them or at worst a small loser.
The amount of things in that article that are false are much much more than any of the things in that article that are true.One example being that Daniel has been a massive loser online.My guess is that Daniel is a small winner at Stars over the last 2 years since he joined up with them or at worst a small loser.
Where's Dreamclown when we need him?
Will read when I am sober.......Damn Do you realize how long that will be???Clif notes?
I managed to get to your post and then was hypnotized by your siggie.. got me a backhand from the girlfriend but it was worth it.dumb article and looked like a brutal hackjob blog. Why it was even a reputable poker website is beyond me.
In other words you dont know either