What Are Your Day Jobs?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our cutoff was 25. They wouldn't even send me resume's from HR that scored below that.I have never seen that formula but based on a general score for most of the IQ tests I have taken over the years and my Wonderlic score, that looks to be a decent formula.
I ended up scoring a 37, which the interviewer told me was a record for any management development candidates she has had. She said she is going to check to see if it is the company record among active employees (obv brag). I do not have any IQ test scores to compare it to, though I think it is likely overestimating my score. I was upset that I did not crack 40, as I feel like I would have a reasonable shot at doing so. I will have to meet with the person who administered the Wonderlic again down the road (performance reviews and such) and I told her to bring a second version of it to see if I can hit or break 40.
i will agree though that finance and accounting majors will more or less be handed jobs after graduation but I think if you have any sort of degree and you look hard enough you will find a good job.
Not in this job market. I just went through interviews for the major banks here in Canada and it was so crazy to see the quality of people there that arent getting jobs. While it might be easier to find finance or accounting positions in other corporations (non-banks/big 4) it is just really really hard for everyone right now.
I ended up scoring a 37, which the interviewer told me was a record for any management development candidates she has had. She said she is going to check to see if it is the company record among active employees (obv brag). I do not have any IQ test scores to compare it to, though I think it is likely overestimating my score. I was upset that I did not crack 40, as I feel like I would have a reasonable shot at doing so. I will have to meet with the person who administered the Wonderlic again down the road (performance reviews and such) and I told her to bring a second version of it to see if I can hit or break 40.
I know someone who cracked 40 :club:. And yeah, 37 is really high on that test.
This is 100% correct and great advice.This is the reason I switched from international business to finance my junior year. It would have been a worthless degree.
rofl. i hope you are leveling. im an international bus major at cal poly about to graduate, and can say that international is by not only the most interesting but the most applicable if you ever want to work for a multinational corp. we do a ton of cross functional stuff, so now i have a background in finance marketing hr etc to go with what i have learned about strategy etc. im stoked. but im looking for a job too, more in terms of what i want then just a job cuz i have a couple of those already :club:

QA/Test Analyst at a leading electronic payment processing company... yaaaawnoh and I play the pokerz at night :club:

Our cutoff was 25. They wouldn't even send me resume's from HR that scored below that.I have never seen that formula but based on a general score for most of the IQ tests I have taken over the years and my Wonderlic score, that looks to be a decent formula.
So what you're saying is Vince Young need not apply?
Research professor of psychology at a large university. I put people in a large magnet and record what their brain does while they do various mental things in order to figure out how the brain works.
you mean similar to TMS VB or a MRI scan
So what you're saying is Vince Young need not apply?
I was surprised at some of the averages for NFL players by position. Particularly that both safeties and linebackers typically averaged below 20. I wonder if they broke it down into MLB and OLB if there would be a significant difference between the two positions. With the stupidity (certainly in actions) of so many high profile WRs, their score of 17 doesn't surprise me. I guess Kevin Curtis' 48 can't do enough to outweigh Burress and T.O.'s likely scores.