The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

I agree, this is an outrage. If president Obama cannot be in full scuba gear at the bottom of the Gulf directing robotic machines, he should at least be pacing back and forth in his office wringing his hands.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

I agree, this is an outrage. If president Obama cannot be in full scuba gear at the bottom of the Gulf directing robotic machines, he should at least be pacing back and forth in his office wringing his hands.
Or maybe he just shouldn't say things that are obvious lies, in order to trick old people and democrats into thinking he's not worthless.All political speak is awful, and makes me want to kick a baby seal.
Or maybe he just shouldn't say things that are obvious lies, in order to trick old people and democrats into thinking he not worthless.
You realize what a metaphor is, right?Or do you think he literally meant that he would not even sleep until the oil leak was plugged?
You realize what a metaphor is, right?Or do you think he literally meant that he would not even sleep until the oil leak was plugged?
He said 'rest' not 'sleep'. In fact, one could make a case that his "rest or be satisfied", was him defining 'rest' AS "be satisfied". So maybe he's just saying that he won't be satisfied until the spill is cleaned up. WHAT A LEADER! You maliciously changing 'rest' to 'sleep' makes your argument much stronger and that, along with your condescension, works well to make me look stupid. You have a career prospect in political speech writing, LLY. If the CERN thing blows up.Certainly, while using a metaphor, someone can still implying that they won't take their foot off the throat of BP, during working hours. No one thought that he wouldn't sleep, obviously, sir. The issue is that he can't put a whole hell of a lot of pressure on someone if he's playing more golf this year than Bush did in all 8 years combined, and taking the fam on 3 different vacations.I don't even care about this issue. Not even a little. I think the president can do hardly anything, except publicly assault and fine BP everyday until this is fixed. I think the Left used Katrina to rip W because they are stupid cowardly idiots. I think anyone on the Right that uses this issue (the actual oil spill, not BHO's meaningless drivel) to rip on BHO is equally stupid, including Glenn Beck, Rush, Hannity, or the OP.The issue here is that I hate empty talk. I hate nearly all of our current politicians and the current corrupt political climate. BHO needs to either say, "We are going to make a statement everyday, which will include a new fine, until this is fixed." and then go on vacation and have someone else make the announcements. Or say that you will not rest, and then stay in the White House... DURING WORKING HOURS, LONGLIVEYORKE!... and publicly keep canceling events because the spill isn't yet contained. Certainly you also want someone that actually does what they say they will do, instead of issuing random meaningless bullshit... no?
Certainly, while using a metaphor, someone can still implying that they won't take their foot off the throat of BP, during working hours. No one thought that he wouldn't sleep, obviously, sir. The issue is that he can't put a whole hell of a lot of pressure on someone if he's playing golf and on 3 different vacations....The issue here is that I hate empty talk. I hate nearly all of our current politicians and the current corrupt political climate. BHO needs to either say, "We are going to make a statement everyday, which will include a new fine, until this is fixed." and then go on vacation and have someone else make the announcements. Or say that you will not rest, and then stay in the White House and publicly keep canceling events because the spill isn't yet contained. Certainly you also want someone that actually does what they say they will do, instead of issuing random meaningless bullshit... no?
Well, using nothing but his own pressure, he did get them to put $20 BILLION dollars in a clean-up fund. So, his speak is hardly empty.

At least Clinton was good at it.He always used to say: "I have never worked harder on anything in my life than I am working right now on________"I mean, I believed him every time.I also believe that he never worked a day in his life so the bar was so low that each event only required him to muse for 10 or 15 extra seconds and then he was 100% accurate and honest with his next pronouncement.That there was skill. Misleading self serving skills, but skills none the less

Obama went golfing for the 8th time today since the Gulf Oil Spill disaster began on April 20, 2010…82 Days Ago.Wow - I can't even find time to golf 8 times since April 20! That president gig is pretty sweet!

Obama went golfing for the 8th time today since the Gulf Oil Spill disaster began on April 20, 2010…82 Days Ago.Wow - I can't even find time to golf 8 times since April 20! That president gig is pretty sweet!
my uncle is a loan officer. the dude golfs with clients like three days a week in the spring and summer. it is absolutely a job requirement. if your priority is playing golf, fuck being president.
Thanks. Please keep us updated on this!
Obama went golfing for the 8th time today since the Gulf Oil Spill disaster began on April 20, 2010…82 Days Ago.
Do you think he shouldn't golf?I think empty speech is much more important...."The Obama administration's plan to contain oil leaking from a deepwater pipeline could be sucking up as much as 90 percent of the spewing oil by the end of June. White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said [June 15th] that the strategy BP is pursuing — at the behest of the federal government — will have a high efficiency rate in containing the oil spill by the time the end of this month rolls around."I think the containment strategy that the Coast Guard and the federal government pushed BP to accelerate will capture most of the oil that is leaking from the Gulf right now,"
Do you think he shouldn't golf?I think empty speech is much more important...."The Obama administration's plan to contain oil leaking from a deepwater pipeline could be sucking up as much as 90 percent of the spewing oil by the end of June. White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said [June 15th] that the strategy BP is pursuing — at the behest of the federal government — will have a high efficiency rate in containing the oil spill by the time the end of this month rolls around."I think the containment strategy that the Coast Guard and the federal government pushed BP to accelerate will capture most of the oil that is leaking from the Gulf right now,"
Thankfully, it seems that they are now able to stop any more oil from leaking into the Gulf by capturing it using the lastest "cap" or whatever it's called. Long overdue, but good news! It's a temporary solution, of course, and the permanent fix happen when they finish drilling the relief well, but it should at least stop the situation from getting any worse.
Thankfully, it seems that they are now able to stop any more oil from leaking into the Gulf by capturing it using the lastest "cap" or whatever it's called. Long overdue, but good news! It's a temporary solution, of course, and the permanent fix happen when they finish drilling the relief well, but it should at least stop the situation from getting any worse.
You are being way more optimistic than you should be.
Brave - I am actually kinda surprised he could fit in that many rounds...Remember the liberal narrative that Bush was always on vacation?

Of course Hussein is out golfing and yes, Bush did whatever he did to relax too (playing Chutes and Ladders or maybe looking into a Kaleidoscope while making cooing sounds). You're the fucking President. Being able to do that is an enormous (and deserved) perk of the job. Even during World War 2, leaders took R&R to unwind their brains. It's been shown that executives who take time off perform better during crunch time...Anyone with any sort of brain knows that you must take time away from your 'job' and allow your mind a respite from the repetitions of the daily grind. In my spare time, I play vintage video games, listen to old time radio (from digital MP3 files, transmitted through an actual 1930's era wooden radio), go fishing, or take precise measurements of random objects and draw them to exact scale. Others golf. Show me a workaholic an I'll show you a retard, or a small businessman who's in that 'phase' of the game and must work incessantly, out of necessity... There are too many good reasons to criticize him to waste any time on standard bullshit like this.

Remember the liberal narrative that Bush was always on vacation?
I thought they were being stupid, childish assholes, and I refuse to join them. Although, I love how Drudge will do a "Flashback" to a story where a democrat is ripping on Bush for his 400 million deficit or whatever. That type of thing is the perfect rebuttal. So if you want to say, "hey Guys, remember this post from LLY about Bush playing too much golf after Katrina... it's pretty ironic now, isn't it."But to just start in on Obama like he has no right to play golf or go on a weekend trip with his little kids is pretty ridiculous.EDIT: I didn't read Scram's post before posting. I should have, because he's exactly correct.
I thought they were being stupid, childish assholes, and I refuse to join them. Although, I love how Drudge will do a "Flashback" to a story where a democrat is ripping on Bush for his 400 million deficit or whatever. That type of thing is the perfect rebuttal. So if you want to say, "hey Guys, remember this post from LLY about Bush playing too much golf after Katrina... it's pretty ironic now, isn't it."But to just start in on Obama like he has no right to play golf or go on a weekend trip with his little kids is pretty ridiculous.EDIT: I didn't read Scram's post before posting. I should have, because he's exactly correct.
Brave - I am posting because it is ironic. Just looking for the liberals in the media and the forum to show the same outrage they had toward Bush for roughly the same thing..I think I will be waiting awhile...............
Brave - I am posting because it is ironic. Just looking for the liberals in the media and the forum to show the same outrage they had toward Bush for roughly the same thing..I think I will be waiting awhile...............
You may have been, but you didn't frame it that way.
Remember the liberal narrative that Bush was always on vacation?Brave - I am posting because it is ironic. Just looking for the liberals in the media and the forum to show the same outrage they had toward Bush for roughly the same thing..I think I will be waiting awhile...............
YES YES IT WAS THAT GOSH DANG LIBRUL NARRATIVE OR WAIT WAIT WAIT WAS IT MORE OF THOSE PESKY THINGS WE IN THE REALITY-BASED COMMUNITY REFER TO AS FACTS?Dubya spent 487 days at Camp David in 149 vists and 490 days at his toy cowboy ranch in 77 vists. Either of these alone would amount to record vacation time for a President. Reagan is next closest with 436 days over his two terms. Bush's time away from Washington amounted to almost 1/3 of his time in office.That didn't take very long, did it?
I think the Left used Katrina to rip W because they are stupid cowardly idiots.
Jesus would not want you to carry this hate in your heart.