The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

OK, I'm not a birther and don't really care that much, but really you are asking to prove a negative, which, as you know, is impossible. There is one way to prove citizenship -- a birth certificate. They won't do it for some reason. And it was strange when Michelle called Kenya Obama's home country....perhaps she was just being funny (it didn't sound like it).
The crux of the argument that I've seen is that birthers believe he was capable of giving up his citizenship to enter the Kenyan school system at an age when this was not possible. But like I said. There's enough at stake here that the dems would have self-corrected a long time before the primaries if there were even the slightest bit of doubt.
I am sure his skin color has nothing to do with the doubts about his citizenship. He got elected; racism is over. Yay!
I don't doubt his citizenship, but that's a lame assertion. The people who question his citizenship do so based on the entirety of the Barack Obama life trajectory.
The crux of the argument that I've seen is that birthers believe he was capable of giving up his citizenship to enter the Kenyan school system at an age when this was not possible. But like I said. There's enough at stake here that the dems would have self-corrected a long time before the primaries if there were even the slightest bit of doubt.
Thought BOII went to school in Indonesia with Stanley's next husband.
I don't doubt his citizenship, but that's a lame assertion. The people who question his citizenship do so based on the entirety of the Barack Obama life trajectory.
If he was white, it never would have come up. just like McCain being born on an army base that was not technically US soil never gained any traction. I believe most of the people who question his citizenship do so based on his name and his skin color. But, i cannot prove that so whatever.
If he was white, it never would have come up. just like McCain being born on an army base that was not technically US soil never gained any traction. I believe most of the people who question his citizenship do so based on his name and his skin color. But, i cannot prove that so whatever.
You don't think that having a foreign father and living in Indonesia for a large portion of his early life had a little more to do with it than his skin color?We elected a black guy, can we finally allow for the possibility that maybe this isn't a racist country?
You don't think that having a foreign father and living in Indonesia for a large portion of his early life had a little more to do with it than his skin color?We elected a black guy, can we finally allow for the possibility that maybe this isn't a racist country?
No, because the idea that racism ended because we elected one black president is absurd. Obviously, we have made lots of progress but sorry that does not mean racism ended with Obama's election. Do you know how many people have foreign fathers? Or lived in a foreign country for a time? Like John McCain? Not to mention all the wonderful things we saw at McCain/Palin rallies. 'He....he.....he's an A-Rab!'
No, because the idea that racism ended because we elected one black president is absurd. Obviously, we have made lots of progress but sorry that does not mean racism ended with Obama's election. Do you know how many people have foreign fathers? Or lived in a foreign country for a time? Like John McCain? Not to mention all the wonderful things we saw at McCain/Palin rallies. 'He....he.....he's an A-Rab!'
But his name is Hussein...
OK, I'm not a birther and don't really care that much, but really you are asking to prove a negative, which, as you know, is impossible.
It is by no means impossible to prove the location of a person's birth.
It's not that racism ended because we elected a black president; it's that the election of a black president demonstrates a lack of racism. There are very few outright racists anymore. There are still plenty of people who will volunteer racist statements out of nowhere, but live their life totally without racism. In other words, they seem to be racists in theory but not in practice.
It's not that racism ended because we elected a black president; it's that the election of a black president demonstrates a lack of racism. There are very few outright racists anymore. There are still plenty of people who will volunteer racist statements out of nowhere, but live their life totally without racism. In other words, they seem to be racists in theory but not in practice.
I agree and yet I also think in some ways the new "closeted racism" is a bit more insidious because it allows to pretend we have overcome racism which we have not. I think what we have more of now is people who are racist but keep it completely to themselves in public.Certainly, we have made incredible progress in just my lifetime------go back and look at Mike Tyson's punchout for the NES sometime. If a video game that racist came out now, there would riots at Toys R Us.Great game, though!
I agree and yet I also think in some ways the new "closeted racism" is a bit more insidious because it allows to pretend we have overcome racism which we have not. I think what we have more of now is people who are racist but keep it completely to themselves in public.Certainly, we have made incredible progress in just my lifetime------go back and look at Mike Tyson's punchout for the NES sometime. If a video game that racist came out now, there would riots at Toys R Us.Great game, though!
Doesn't it appear that most racist are only too happy to let you know why they think their race is superior and other are inferior at every opportunity?Your theory is really completely opinion based, since by definition if a person is hiding his racism, he wouldn't really be counted as a racist. Thus allowing you to make up any number you want, kind of like the current administrations numbers of 'saved' jobs.
Doesn't it appear that most racist are only too happy to let you know why they think their race is superior and other are inferior at every opportunity?Your theory is really completely opinion based, since by definition if a person is hiding his racism, he wouldn't really be counted as a racist. Thus allowing you to make up any number you want, kind of like the current administrations numbers of 'saved' jobs.
Of course it is opinion based. It's not something that lends itself to easy analysis. It is very much just my theory.I don't agree with your first line though. As you personally have said before, being labeled a racist is about the worst brush you can be tarred with now......but that could definitely result in racism just going more underground so to speak.
Of course it is opinion based. It's not something that lends itself to easy analysis. It is very much just my theory.I don't agree with your first line though. As you personally have said before, being labeled a racist is about the worst brush you can be tarred with now......but that could definitely result in racism just going more underground so to speak.
Only if you are not a racist.I'd be willing to bet that Randy Weaver never got real indignant if someone called him a racist.Now that I think about, Eric Holder hasn't been too upset with everyone saying he's racist for letting those black panther guys away with blatant voter intimidation.
I am going to go to all caps for this nonsense:THEY RELEASED HIS BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT FROM A HAWAIIAN NEWSPAPER. SO, UNLESS YOUR CONTENTION IS THAT HIS PARENTS RELEASED THAT NOTICE IN THE PAPER JUST ON THE OFF CHANCE HE MIGHT RUN FOR PRESIDENT ONE DAY, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST STOP IT ALREADY.They also released a copy of his birth certificate. I am sure his skin color has nothing to do with the doubts about his citizenship. He got elected; racism is over. Yay!
This is a stupid argument. My birth was announced in an Illinois newspaper and I was born in Iowa. I had a bunch of relatives in IL at the time and one of them submitted it to the paper.Like I said, I don't care at all, but Obama's people have handled this situation (a situation that doesn't matter much) about as poorly as possible.... hopefully we can agree on that.
Did not know where to put this but:http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/16/news/econo...in&hpt=SbinThat wacky Greenspan. Speaking of guys who have been wrong a lot lately.....
Isn't Greenspan the guy most people are blaming for this mess to begin with?
This is a stupid argument. My birth was announced in an Illinois newspaper and I was born in Iowa. I had a bunch of relatives in IL at the time and one of them submitted it to the paper.Like I said, I don't care at all, but Obama's people have handled this situation (a situation that doesn't matter much) about as poorly as possible.... hopefully we can agree on that.
Not even a little.
Isn't Greenspan the guy most people are blaming for this mess to begin with?
I know I can agree with this.Th guy was touted as the perfect person, and it ends up he was a failure afraid to make the tough decisions because he liked get invited to the white house parties by the Clintons.See that, I lumped in a multi-term fed chair with one particular president once his name became connected to failure.That's how you spin a story!Hopefully we will have learned something from his debacles.
Not even a little.
So they handled it the best way possible? I'm just speaking of what I would have done had I been in that same stupid argument. I would have grabbed my birth certificate out of the safe in my house and had it put in a frame and hung it around my neck so people would just STFU about it. I mean it's not really a big deal to show your birth certificate is it. Unless his name on the certificate is Hussein ....
Obama's people have handled this situation (a situation that doesn't matter much) about as poorly as possible.... hopefully we can agree on that.
Not even a little.
So they handled it the best way possible?
Logic fail.