Los Angeles Poker Classic

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there tomorrow to check out the main event action. Should be a madhouse...just the way I like it. Anyone else come to raiL?404
ill be there later in the afternoon, ill be in a ucla hat if you wanna say hello.

Fluff has about 16k on the second break for day 1. Starting stack is 20k. Antonio Esfandiari is sitting directly to the left of Fluff and he also said that there are 2 other players at his table that he has played with before quite a bit. Fluff also told me that Daniel Negreanu is playing in the main event...if you didn't know already he was not sure if he was going to make it because his mother was in the hospital and things were not looking very good! I guess Daniel's mother just woke up recently and is starting to move around but is still having troubles. Prayers going out to Daniel's mother!GL Fluff, Daniel, and any other FCP'er in the Main Event!!!!

In Daniels Blog he stated he was going out to win this one for his Mom. So gl Daniel, Fluff and any other FCPers in this event :club::ts:4h:5c:3h gl and tid. Let's make it a FCP FTHere is the web site for updateshttp://www.worldpokertour.com/Live_Updates...&pl=&d=1. Bertrand Grospellier 75,000 2 Daniel Negreanu 62,000 3 Jeff Madsen 54,000 4 Kofi Farkye 54,000 5 Hevad Khan 52,400 6 Jerry Yang 50,500

Level 5: 100-200, 25 anteDaniel Negreanu was describing his own style of play to the rest of his table when Adam Junglen showed up with his chips in a rack; his table had just been broken. Negreanu: "Are you joining us?"Junglen: "Yes."Negreanu: "Cool. I was just explaining my range to them."Junglen: "I already know your range."Negreanu: "Yes, but now you know that they know."Some of the players at Table #42:Seat 1: Lee WatkinsonSeat 3: Daniel NegreanuSeat 4: Adam JunglenSeat 5: Matt LefkowitzSeat 8: Nancy Todd TynerSeat 9: Chad Batista

Chip Leaders1 Daniel Negreanu 122,500 2 Bertrand Grospellier 75,000 3 David Chiu 67,000 4 Kofi Farkye 65,000 5 Zach Hyman 56,000 6 Amir Vahedi 55,000 go Daniel, Fluff, and any others FCPERSgg Adam

Here is how Daniel crossed the 100,000 chip mark.

In a huge pot, Adam Junglen got it all in on the turn against Daniel Negreanu with the board showing A-Q-x-x. Junglen had A-Q for top two pair, but Negreanu had Q-Q for a set. Junglen needed an ace, but the river card was a blank, and he was eliminated from the tournament. That pot catapulted Negreanu into the chip lead with 122,500, though Negreanu apologized for busting his friend. Negreanu is the first player we have seen to cross the 100,000 mark.
Daniel is having a heck of a first day.

I don't see how I could've folded, but deep inside I knew I was beat. Blahhh.Once the money went in I said "you have queens full", Daniel responds, "Yea" just like it was a normal conversation. gl KidPoker

Field UpdateLevel 5: 100-200, 25 ante450 players remain in the tournament. After starting the day with 695 over 250 players have been eliminated through 5 and a half levels of play.Sorted In: L.A. Poker Classic, Season 710:26 PM, 02/21/09 Name Chips 1 Daniel Negreanu 129,000 2 Kasey Nam 126,000 3 Bertrand Grospellier 86,000 4 Jeff Madsen 86,000 5 Danny Wong 79,500 6 David Chiu 68,000

sigh, :club: gg, Fluff, gogogogo Daniel gl and tid Name Chips 1 Kasey Nam 141,000 2 Daniel Negreanu 129,000 3 Jeff Madsen 112,500 4 Bertrand Grospellier 86,000 5 Danny Wong 79,500 6 David Chiu 68,000 level 6 started 150/300 25 ante

I have 18,975 chips going into Day 2 of the 10k main event!! I had no spots at all and very few hands all day and my peak was only about 27k. I smooth called a button raise in the last level with QQ and lost about 7k on a 942KK board to AK but would have busted if I 3 bet him! Guess I'm pretty much freerolling now!Day 2 starts tomorrow at noon! :4h:D:qh:ts:5c:club::D:3h

I'll be heading down to Commerce tomorrow afternoon, mostly to play cash, but I'll check on the tourney too. I know I haven't been very active lately and most of you don't know who I am, but if anyone wants to meet up, let me know.GL to DN and loosh.