That Scene In The Matrix

This is a very interesting discussion, but I'm pretty sure the answer is that navybuttons is 100% certifiably bat shit crazy.
Brag post about your PHD in Psych? That's pretty advanced terminology
This is a very interesting discussion, but I'm pretty sure the answer is that navybuttons is 100% certifiably bat shit crazy.
this is really close between totally correct and totally wrong.i'm beginning to more or less "feel" how schizophrenia began to develop in john nash. i don't believe that i'm going to develop it. a lot of my days feel "manic" but i think it has more to do with being very healthy, living in a great area, desiring to learn more, understanding certain things, and loving my fellow man elevating my mood as opposed to chemical imbalance in my brain. and so far that mood elevation has continued to just keep growing.think about this: in a bookstore there's probably over 30 titles on self improvement. 30 different authors have made available their "secrets" to a better life, but very few people take the opportunity to take advantage of them and not surprisingly very few take any step at all to improve their life on a long term basis. i think the problem is that most people just don't realize that they can. they're embarrassed and afraid of the thoughts of others (people who are also generally unhappy) and use criteria that really doesn't exist to judge themselves.i feel that what has become different about me is that i am beginning to recognize my potential.
i feel that what has become different about me is that i am beginning to recognize my potential.
What's he doing? He's beginning to believe.
yet????!??? google started in a dorm room 10 years ago! that's it. 10. where do you think it'll be in 5 more?
It all depends on how practice or abstract the topic may be. We are there for certain things and have great hopes for what’s to come.One of the most important things I do is make sure my people are able and trained to do what I need done and that they do it quickly and inexpensively. Get them with the systemThe other key thing is to be able to look at things in whole new ways and figure out how the last guy missed it or messed it up, and get it right this time.This can be used to describe most of what goes on in the word, not just my little part of it.The web helps so much, thinking back on how we used to do things makes me shake my head.
It all depends on how practical or abstract the topic may be.
definitely. a topic like history is seemingly much more abstract than wood shop. things like the game "oregon trail" are a good way to help kids understand what they can not actually experience today. i assume we will have way more optimized "games" that work to this end in the future.

i actually think that the first question that needs to be answered is: what is teh internetz, exactly?that is, is it an aid to knowledge in the same way that an encyclopedia is, or is it more than that? and if it's more, how is it more? personally, i'm not sure how i'd answer that.henry made the best post so far with regard to computers and teaching, i think. computers have a great deal of potential to aid and speed the knowledge of those who learn in certain ways, but the problem with the mass production of things (be they educational tools, baseball bats, whatever)--or, as heidegger would say, technology in general--is that they will always help some people a hell of a lot more than they will help others and thus may serve to create false stratification within whatever sphere to which they belong (here, the educational sphere). people are not made from a single cookie cutter, and the ways in which they change and improve are likewise different from person to person. when you're developing a system for improving people in general, you run a real risk of exponentially increasing the proverbial tyranny of the majority, insofar as those not-yet-marginalized ones with the means to create those systems are going to do so using their own methods of improvement as a model.conversely, though, since as human beings are the ones that are creating the computer models, there's no reason to think that those dangers need to be any more than possible ones that we should keep in the back of our heads as we go along. humans can (ideally) think outside their respective boxes, and could conceivably create a multitude of these sorts of educational tools that would benefit nearly all of humanity.and i think that's ultimately what the matrix is about: the tenuous relationship that human beings have with the things that they create; the questions of control that become paramount as technology begins to be able to function without direct human aid (the move from the simple pulley to the motor to the computer, etc., etc.); and the problematic relationship we might have with whoever's actually pulling the proverbial strings behind the curtain.