*****official Carolina Hurricanes Thread*****

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will indeed bring my A game tonight my friend.   My A game consists of:   6:30pm: Get home, have dinner 6:55pm: Set up the IPad/bigscreen/laying on the couch like a lazy piece of sh*t design mo

Hurricanes taking applications for general manager job through Twitter   https://www.nhl.com/...0?tid=281396148     Those of you in the AHL, I will be using you guys as references, thanks! (And

Did Tlusty bring his own erotic photos?

Im pretty suprised with the Corvo signing. As you guys pointed out, looked like we had the O end of our D covered with McBain, Pitkanen and Babchuk. (Babchuk you cant count on IMO even with a signed contract)I think Jimmy R didnt think he could afford Corvo, but once he came down in asking price, seemed like a good enough fit based on the dollars.

• 2 months later...
Someone didnt tell Cam Ward the presesaon started..3 goals allowed in the first 5 minutes and change.
ya, it was a tough blow being down 3-0. Thankfully, it didnt get to 5-0. That would have been nasty. Eh, its the preseason, who cares. :club:
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoy Cam Ward now because the minute he starts playing games for the Beavers he will open up like...well I can't think of anything good to put there right now but believe me, it will be open wide!

• 2 weeks later...

Rookie Brian Skinner has been told by the Hurricanes to find a permanent place to live in Raleigh as he will be sticking with the team for the remainder of the season. - Raleigh News Observerlol @ Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Skinner looks great. The guy has a lot of talent, and I cant figure out why his skating was a knock against him. I think he has acclimated so well to the NHL game so quickly because he has a really strong lower body thats allowing him to not get knocked off the puck so easily. I cant say Ive watched a lot of Seguin, but what Ive seen of Hall, Skinner looks much more ready. However, I dont think Id go so far as to say he's better than Hall/Seguin, or more accurately, has a better upside. (But I will admit Im much happier with my #1st rnd pick, 3rd overall, from the AHL draft, than I was before. He clearly looks like #3 SO FAR) I feel for Eric Staal. He is forced to play with Jussi (who has lost all his confidence over the summer) or Larose (who has no hands). Larose is ridiculously miscast on the first line, and for the second time this week, tonight the other team scored because Larose couldnt handle a hard pass in the offensive zone. Finally Skinner is getting some time there, and looks like the best option by far. This team reminds me a lot of the Leafs sometimes.....1 star, and not much else offensively. Unless Skinner keeps it up. Staal deserves a lot of credit for the effort and skill he puts out nightly, unfortunately he wont get it playing for the Canes. Tonights first period against Florida: 35shots combined, 6 goals.

Skinner used to be a nationally ranked figure skater. Not sure why his skating would have been a knock either.He's going to be a 40 goal, PPG player at one point in his career.
One of the first things I read about him was by The Hockey News. They mentioned exactly that, his past, and yet still there was questions from scouts about his skating. (i figured it was something I didnt get between the differences in skating styles in the 2 sports)Then, it was mentioned again by TSN when the Canes drafted him. This made me curious.Having watched him play so far, I dont see the issue at all. And, I agree 100% with you. Ill be very suprised if he doesnt get 40gls, 80pts at least a couple of times in his career. He looks like 30-30-60 already. I wish they would play Cole with Skinner+Staal....Cole in his heyday would have made this a dangerous line.

Also, all I do k=now is watch the Hurricanes. I'm watching them in standard definition, even, because Rogers is a huge fag. But I can't stop with them. Skinner has me so excited. He's really easing the pain of losing the draft lottery. Ironic that it was you that won it, heh.

Also, all I do now is watch the Hurricanes. I'm watching them in standard definition, even, because Rogers is a huge fag. But I can't stop with them. Skinner has me so excited. He's really easing the pain of losing the draft lottery. Ironic that it was you that won it, heh.
Yeah, I was just thinking that too.Stop trying to convince me, subliminally, to trade you Hall for Skinner!Funny how things work out, I missed the #2 overall pick in AHL by 1point. Now Im not as devastated as I was last spring.this game is on HD in my area. shouldnt you have it too?