*****official Carolina Hurricanes Thread*****

One of my favourite things about the Canes was that we didnt usually have a goon. I think they just got one in Troy Bodie, Im hoping he's more Mike Brown than Colton Orr. It could be as simple as protecting the young guns, ie Skinner/McBain.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will indeed bring my A game tonight my friend.   My A game consists of:   6:30pm: Get home, have dinner 6:55pm: Set up the IPad/bigscreen/laying on the couch like a lazy piece of sh*t design mo

Hurricanes taking applications for general manager job through Twitter   https://www.nhl.com/...0?tid=281396148     Those of you in the AHL, I will be using you guys as references, thanks! (And

Did Tlusty bring his own erotic photos?

• 1 month later...
Hey Arp!!!I chilled with a dude from Charlotte tonight, who was a huge Canes fan. He was in town with his family for the game, and drove up from the Toronto/Canes game last night.Hardcore fan!!!
NO ****ing way!!!!I was walking downtown like an hour ago, and I saw some guy in a Crosby jersey, but it wasnt Pens......I guess it was Rimouski, but even that Im not sure of. Anyway, I thought of you, cause he was with other people, and two of the girls had Red Wings jerseys on. And then one of my buddies just randomly brought up Vegas. And then we did a hockey pool at a strip joint....Strange city this Toronto.

Hahahahahah... this guy mentioned that he goes to Vegas 4 times a year!He actually lived like an hour from Charlotte, so he sees the Checkers a ton, and only rarely the 'Canes.Like... I was so surprised to meet a hardcore fan like him. So awesome.

Hahahahahah... this guy mentioned that he goes to Vegas 4 times a year!He actually lived like an hour from Charlotte, so he sees the Checkers a ton, and only rarely the 'Canes.Like... I was so surprised to meet a hardcore fan like him. So awesome.
I was hoping to see the Checkers when they come to play the Marlies, but I think the only game is like on a Wed at 11am, at a bad time at work. Or else Id take the day off, pull my son out of school, and watch me some Drayson Bowman. (no Zach Boychuk anymore)was he from Carolina? It would be cool to meet someone from there who follows hockey, and not just the transplanted Canadians Ive met in Florida.

He was from Hickory, NC. Said he had been a hockey fan since he was a kid. Both his kids play hockey (12 and 16), ice and roller.I was thoroughly impressed. This trip was his first road game experience.He saw game 5 of the finals in 06, and game 7 vs Buffalo, I think.

He was from Hickory, NC. Said he had been a hockey fan since he was a kid. Both his kids play hockey (12 and 16), ice and roller.I was thoroughly impressed. This trip was his first road game experience.He saw game 5 of the finals in 06, and game 7 vs Buffalo, I think.
YOu cant make that shit up..lol
  • 4 weeks later...
It will automatically go to the NHL ..Not betting..He is a cheap shot artist...
I wouldn't call him an artist. He got 5 and a game. Kulemin is the artist. He throws two punches with his gloves on and gets two minutes. Sore nose though...LOL
you know who's awesome? Jeff Skinner. you know who sucks? Ian White. He must still think he's a Leaf the way hes playing tonight. Didnt like him on the Leafs, hate him on the Canes.
From Elliotte Friedman's amazing 30 Thoughts column, which you should all be reading every Monday:
One of the reasons Jeff Skinner scored huge points with Carolina teammates this year? Little things, like waiting outside the team's plane until all the other players have selected their seats. Those kinds of moves go a long way.

I dont like Gleason. Ya, Im talking shit in the shit thread, but every time I see Gleason, I think of what could have been with Jack Johnson. Thats disturbing to me, since Im a pretty big Jack Johnson fan and have been for a long time. I liked see JR take a hard line, and shipping off a cocky young player who was asking for too much money, but it looks like maybe JJ is maturing now. Gleason brings something we dont really have (edge/toughness), but so would JJ. fwiw, Carolina is always a fun team to watch in my opinion. Style of hockey is exciting, and they always seem to have big comebacks, never say die attitude. Still missing a lot of ingredients needed for success, but none of the best players are really old outside of Cole.

You got Belanger back in that deal, plus you unloaded Oleg Tverdovsky too, though. LOL.Gleason is a solid, tough, shutdown d-man, in my estimation. Obviously not JJ, but things were much different for him at the time.

You got Belanger back in that deal, plus you unloaded Oleg Tverdovsky too, though. LOL.Gleason is a solid, tough, shutdown d-man, in my estimation. Obviously not JJ, but things were much different for him at the time.
ya, its like I cant blame him for making the deal, and Im guessing that might have been the best offer, but man, I just have such a crush on JJ....wish it had played out different, cause he would be the perfect fit for this teams future.