*****official Carolina Hurricanes Thread*****

usually, Id agree with you, but doesnt apply to a short drive like Pittsburgh.Last year I saved over $1k in family trip to Florida by going thru Buffalo.....and that was with some decent (relatively speaking) Westjet/Air Canada finds.The number of cars with Ontario license plates at the hotel or airport parking lots in Buffalo are insane.
Yeah, I suppose that's true, if you're going to drive to Buffalo you may as well sack up and drive the rest of the way to Pittsburgh.
  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will indeed bring my A game tonight my friend.   My A game consists of:   6:30pm: Get home, have dinner 6:55pm: Set up the IPad/bigscreen/laying on the couch like a lazy piece of sh*t design mo

Hurricanes taking applications for general manager job through Twitter   https://www.nhl.com/...0?tid=281396148     Those of you in the AHL, I will be using you guys as references, thanks! (And

Did Tlusty bring his own erotic photos?

Last chance Arpiar.Believe it or not, tickets are still available... C-level for $198 or B-level for $210.DRIVE DOWN! I would damn near do it if the flight wasn't so cheap for me.

fwiw thus far my conn smyth winner is sid by about 0.1% ahead of cam ward. i geniunely believe which ever one progresses to the finals will win the trophy regardless of whether or not they win the cup.

fwiw thus far my conn smyth winner is sid by about 0.1% ahead of cam ward. i geniunely believe which ever one progresses to the finals will win the trophy regardless of whether or not they win the cup.
I don't disagree with that at all.
Last chance Arpiar.Believe it or not, tickets are still available... C-level for $198 or B-level for $210.DRIVE DOWN! I would damn near do it if the flight wasn't so cheap for me.
Thanks, but it really became impossible once the Mrs. came down with the flu, and I became Mom+Dad around the house.Have a blast, enjoy the game. Hard to believe tickets are so readily available, then again, they cost more than I would have guessed.
Interesting, your probably right, but Im not sure that Staal wouldnt take away some of Ward's thunder though.

Scott Walker's wife diagnosed with cancer. All the best to him and his family. You have to wonder how it affected him, and how each of us would have dealt with it if going thru something similar while still trying to perform on the ice. TSN story

I'm about to turn this into a Serge-like I hate the Pens type of thread. #1. Matt Cooke (always been cheap and dirty, not just a Pens thing) #2. Bill Guerin (i just wish someone would kick granpa's ass)But my true hate is for Malkin and Crosby. Cause its just ****ing unfair to have to play against BOTH of these guys.

staring at Malkin's goofy ogre face tilts me every ****ing time..I am seriously disgusted..One silver lining...If the Pens win, and lose another final there is good justification for them to be the "Buffalo Bills" of the NHL..Crosby can be the next Jim Kelly.I cant help but be disgusted at this whole team...The players, the fans(serious issues they have) just the whole situation..BAAAA

staring at Malkin's goofy ogre face tilts me every ****ing time..I am seriously disgusted..One silver lining...If the Pens win, and lose another final there is good justification for them to be the "Buffalo Bills" of the NHL..Crosby can be the next Jim Kelly.I cant help but be disgusted at this whole team...The players, the fans(serious issues they have) just the whole situation..BAAAA
Yeah, imagine being 2-2 in franchise finals appearances.lol.
I'm about to turn this into a Serge-like I hate the Pens type of thread. #1. Matt Cooke (always been cheap and dirty, not just a Pens thing) #2. Bill Guerin (i just wish someone would kick granpa's ass)But my true hate is for Malkin and Crosby. Cause its just ****ing unfair to have to play against BOTH of these guys.
#1. Little ******. Hate him unless he's on your team. Love him now, obviously. I dunno what he did in this game. I would agree the knee was questionable in game 1, but so were about 3 separate ones by the Canes in this game. #2. Unreal how he's turned it on after the deadline. He's young again. He has a bit of a Gary Roberts type of "don't **** with me" thing going on.Agree with your last statement. :club:

I know this is no consolation now, Arp, but you've gotta be proud of what this team did this year. Half-way through the season, they were at best a long shot to make the playoffs, and to have them get to the conference finals is a huge achievement. I know it's not the ultimate prize, but still a great season for the Canes. Staal had a great run, and Ward played fantastic, even in Penguins series. Young guys like Larose getting better, Staal and Ward getting another year under their belt, etc. This team should be exciting going forward.

Great playoff run! I was baffled the whole time. I was always completely opposite on my picks. I figured Jersey would beat them in 7, they took it in 7. I said Boston would beat them handily, probably in 5. Wrong! I said Pitts would struggle to finish them off? Wrong. Not to be offensive there, but man they were a huge surprise all playoffs. Hats off.

I agree with you guys and the kind words for the team is appreciated. This was not expected and it was a real pleasure to watch. I hope this ends the sometimes shaky play I have seen from Ward and Staal over the last couple of regular seasons. We just need better depth on the top lines.....and we need Brind'Amour to be 29 again. Im not sure we have the prospects to compete going forward....but we will see. Staal was amazing. Ward was sick. The comebacks were pure joy. Good run!

After seeing Washington and Philly, it was kinda nice to play a team that had a classy fan base for a change. Sure, there are idiots in every franchise, but Carolina was heads and tails above what I'm used to. In Washington, you have the owner and fans doing everything they can to block Pittsburgh ticket buyers, you have the Philly organist doing his/her best to lead the "Crosby Sucks" chant, and then you have the Canes who actually congratulated the Penguins on the jumbotron for winning the East. I also don't think there' are many people in this forum that thought either of these 2 teams would have been fighting in the Eastern Finals around February. Great series, and good luck next year.

• 5 months later...

i had to go way back to find this.They suck...Its official..Arp what is going wrong?They cant score, they are last in the league in GFA, they cant stop the puck they are 29th in the league(only thanks to Toskala).Eric Staal has 3 goals and 2 assists..WTF??Did Maurice overstay his welcome, and he is gone soon??The should be last overall before the end of the week.. We play them Friday

yeah I'm shocked they are playing so poorly tbh. but, they'll probably still sneak into the playoffs and make the cup finals, lol.
they have the talent to be much better..I think Paul Maurice will be fired very soon.

ahhh, so much to say.Problems: where to start.....Staal is hurt. Finally left yesterdays game early. He is one of those guys that plays hurt all the time, which is great, but you never know if he's not playing well, or if he is just hurting. Personal opinion.....his shoulder hasnt been right in years. I expect some very bad news on him shortly. He hasnt played well all year. Maurice: What happens when the GM and coach are like best friends, and suddenly the coach loses the room? (sound familiar?) I think soon Rutherford will have no choice but to fire Paulie again, and shed some tears doing it. Sorry, but no friends in hockey. Maurice has already made a few questionable calls that has me shaking my head...I have to believe his players are dumbfounded as well. I think he lost the room, and is now trying to pull rabbits out of a hat. Good luck.Defence: Its atrocious. There seems to be no cohesion for some reason. They keep trying to pair Pitkanen+AWard, and thats been a disaster. There was one play yesterday that was ridiculously bad, and showed a lot of frustation. Here is a small sample......

Corvo disappears for half a game at a time, and reminds me of Kovalev in the I dont give a f**k department, just without the world class skills. Forwards: Staal is hurt. BrindAmour is practically done. Whitney trying to play for one last contract, but not getting anywhere, Larose looks like Larose again and cant score, Ruutu looked good til suspension and Samsonov still sucks. Cole was hurt, and that didnt help. Juicy Jokinen would be great if there was nothing but last minute plays and shootouts. Sutter is suddenly our best player, but gets bullyed out there too much. Its time to call up Boychuk and maybe Bowman. I dont believe in calling up players during losing streaks, cause it might harm them long term+reeks of desperation, but I think they are more ready than Maurice gives them credit for. At least a few games to give them a taste, and to give the other players some fears. The one thing I despise about the Canes is their over abundance of loyalty. At some point, you gotta bench some guys! A few of them should have been scratches long ago.GTD/Ward: I think he's tired still from last year, and is a little shaky. Hard to tell what came first though, the bad defence, or his own loss of confidence. I think it was both at same time. On the plus side, Leighton just became a father. Maurice in his wisdom, gave him a start practically the next day, in the afternoon. Sleepy? Too bad!Overall: This team is old. Rutherford is great, but too big a believer in going back to the good things that worked before. Team is feeling the effects of last years run, it doesnt have a major injection of youth (although there are a couple of guys in the AHL that could be called up) and sadly, once Staal is out, has no one to take charge. Its a Staal+Ward team. With Staal hurt, and Ward shaky, things do downhill fast. . All you really need to know: They played at 1pm EST yesterday afternoon against a San Jose team that flew cross country, and whose body clock was 10am. And Canes still got bombed+outplayed+worst of all, outworked.
Great analysis Arp, thanks.Hate to see your team doing bad, but dont mind if we leap frog you tomorrow ok..
Not sure I mind that all that much. Maybe more losses are best, especially to the Leafs.I think last years run was a nice mirage. Fun one, but not indicative of their long term strength.At this point, if Staal is hurt long term, I like the idea of a quick rebuild/retool.They have some nice depth on the farm at fwd+def, Ward+Staal+Ruutu are young and a decent core, and by adding a star type player in 2010 draft, there could be another Stanley run in 2011-2012.
  • 4 months later...