They do?That is twisting what Cindy McCain (who isnt exactly representing the foreign policy of the GOP ticket to start with) said egregiously. She said Alaska's proximity helps SP understand what's at stake. Not that she is a foreign policy expert equipped with solutions. Certainly an Alaskan Governor has considered, for example, the economic consequences for their constituents of more open trade with Russia, even if they arent expert in how to accomplish that objective.
Plus it's the only US soil that was invaded during WW2.I think the Gov of Alaska probably has a lot more connection with the military's role in dealing with Russia than any other state.
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an attempt to return us to the topic at hand.a Question.Who am I?I'm under 45 years old,I love the outdoors,I hunt,I am a Republican reformer,I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,I have many children,I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's officeWho am I?
Who am I?I'm under 45 years old,I love the outdoors,I hunt,I am a Republican reformer,I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,I have many children,I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's officeWho am I?
I know I know. Miley Cyrus in 10 years. Right?

palin's interview on abc news was a disaster for her. shes not even a good politician. she cant cleverly dodge questions or think on her feet like Mccain and Obama and every other real politician can, all she can do is blatantly change the subject. she starts talking about energy policy when asked about national security, and then charlie gibson is like "uh that wasnt the question." and then she started talking about energy again. please any republican who was watching that please try to tell me she knows anything except random Alaska energy policies. also it turns out I have been to more countries in the world then palin has, our maybe future president, and im not old. the rest of the interview was pretty laughable too, all she could go on was scripted nonsense and when the questions didnt fit that she just changed the subject to something she had a script for.

palin's interview on abc news was a disaster for her. shes not even a good politician. she cant cleverly dodge questions or think on her feet like Mccain and Obama and every other real politician can, all she can do is blatantly change the subject. she starts talking about energy policy when asked about national security, and then charlie gibson is like "uh that wasnt the question." and then she started talking about energy again. please any republican who was watching that please try to tell me she knows anything except random Alaska energy policies. also it turns out I have been to more countries in the world then palin has, our maybe future president, and im not old. the rest of the interview was pretty laughable too, all she could go on was scripted nonsense and when the questions didnt fit that she just changed the subject to something she had a script for.
sounds just like Obama on BOR, and pretty much every politician in my lifetime.
In an attempt to return us to the topic at hand.a Question.Who am I?I'm under 45 years old,I love the outdoors,I hunt,I am a Republican reformer,I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,I have many children,I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's officeWho am I?
Teddy roosevelt :club::ts
Teddy roosevelt :club::ts

Palin: "But, Charlie, again, we've got to remember what the desire is in this nation at this time. It is for no more politics as usual, and somebody's big fat resume that shows decades and decades in that Washington establishment, where, yes, they've had opportunities to meet heads of state."somebody...like.. say... John McCain?

Don't twist my words! Obama, McCain, and Biden have done many interviews that weren't scripted. She has not, as of yet. And yes, since I can't stand her I want to see her screw up badly and show the world who she really is. I realize that speeches and even debates are scripted, duh, that's NOT what I'm referring to. I want to see her squirm on a televised interview. I want to see her continue to try and lie about the bridge to nowhere, I want her to answer publicly why she is against sex education and birth control. I want the American public to see just how out of touch her views are with the majority of Americans.
Why is it you flaming libs resort to name calling when you have nothing of substance to argue?Y OU cant stand her? I doubt you even know her.i Disagree with obama but i would never say i cant stand him.The hatred that you libs get consumed with is stunning. Especially coming from someone who claims to be a christian. Also what kinda wierdo takes pleasure in watching someone squirm .
Wow way to watch the interview with an unbiased eye.
She felt the pressure, that was easy to see. I actually enjoyed that she wasn't polished and wasn't comfortable dodging questions. That's how honest people act in those types of situations.

I just watched it. She was scared, way out of her league, and entirely unconvincing. The bush doctrine thing was just embarrassing. I am now actually a bit frightened; I really really hope that either mccain loses or that he survives the four years.

She felt the pressure, that was easy to see. I actually enjoyed that she wasn't polished and wasn't comfortable dodging questions. That's how honest people act in those types of situations.
I'll take competency is better than honesty for $600, Alex.Gosh, I hope no the Vice-Presidency is a no-pressure job. (crossing fingers)
Wow way to watch the interview with an unbiased eye.
Lol. Thats why eyewitness accounts are so suspect.She did an outstanding job. She only fumbled one question, not recognizing what he meant by the "Bush Doctrine", and she should have known it by that name. However, once she did understand the question, she nailed it. He tried to get her to give some soundbites that could be used against her by repeating some questions 3 times, and she was extremely aware of what he was doing, and she was extremely poised in repeating her very clear answers. And CG lost a ton of credibility in my eyes by repeating the same lie about what she said about Iraq, misquoted by cane brain earlier. (At least I think it was Cane Brain). Instead of getting indignent about his obvious baiting she answered with what she meant, using words that would be very difficult to distort out of context.I heard a couple of clips on the radio on the way home, and she sounded a little stiff on the radio. She didnt come across as stiff at all when you add the video to it, though. She was thoughtful and decisive in her answers, without the uh uh uh uh that we've come to expect from the other side.interviews are never going to be inspiring, but she solidified her position as a strong and well reasoned person, even if you dont have the same religious foundation for her worldviewOh, and there was an interesting inflection in CGs voice when talking about Russias invasion of Georgia. He questioned her statement that it was unprovoked, and you could visualize his eyebrows raised and glasses in his mouth in a professorial demeanor. Of course even Obama agreed it was unprovoked, so the bloggers arent getting any mileage out of that one

wow I just could not disagree more. The body language and tone was not "I know what I'm talking about here and I'm telling you what I think"; it was "I am scared shitless and trying not to screw up here by carefully repeating the information they fed me"not knowing the bush doctrine was major gaffe... she fumbled with it and tried to double-talk around not knowing, it really was embarrassing, and not the kind of thing you want to happen in a meeting with a foreign leader.

wow I just could not disagree more. The body language and tone was not "I know what I'm talking about here and I'm telling you what I think"; it was "I am scared shitless and trying not to screw up here by carefully repeating the information they fed me"
this is clearly one of those "eye of the beholder" things.
I'll take competency is better than honesty for $600, Alex.Gosh, I hope no the Vice-Presidency is a no-pressure job. (crossing fingers)
Honesty would be a change in the right direction. You could also read the lack of understanding of the "Bush doctrine" as an honest view of the campaign- they don't even recognize Bush when you address him by name. I know Libs love to say McBush but it ust may be someting else.
Honesty would be a change in the right direction. You could also read the lack of understanding of the "Bush doctrine" as an honest view of the campaign- they don't even recognize Bush when you address him by name. I know Libs love to say McBush but it ust may be someting else.
I dont think anyone can credibly claim Sara Palin is a lot like GWB. They have had zero contact and the religious tendencies seem to be the only thing that binds them. I am not surprised she doesnt know what the Bush Doctrine is (although is that a good thing? she seems woefully underinformed)If this post is implying that honesty and the Bush Administration have been like oil and water, then yes I agree.
I just watched it. She was scared, way out of her league, and entirely unconvincing. The bush doctrine thing was just embarrassing. I am now actually a bit frightened; I really really hope that either mccain loses or that he survives the four years.
That's exactly what I would say word for word about the interview I just watched. It was one of those moments on television when it becomes painful to watch. Like a bomb could go off at any second...The way the interview played out looked as if she was trying to complete another coaching session. It felt as if I was hearing someone else's words through her shell of a body. Obama can say "uh" all he wants... at least he sounds like he's speaking his own words and ideas.
Oh, and there was an interesting inflection in CGs voice when talking about Russias invasion of Georgia. He questioned her statement that it was unprovoked, and you could visualize his eyebrows raised and glasses in his mouth in a professorial demeanor. Of course even Obama agreed it was unprovoked, so the bloggers arent getting any mileage out of that one
Unprovoked? bombing and shelling = unprovoked?
I dont think anyone can credibly claim Sara Palin is a lot like GWB. They have had zero contact and the religious tendencies seem to be the only thing that binds them. I am not surprised she doesnt know what the Bush Doctrine is (although is that a good thing? she seems woefully underinformed)If this post is implying that honesty and the Bush Administration have been like oil and water, then yes I agree.
No. I implied that while Obama can sound polished that doesn't come across as honest, furthermore while she was obviously uncomfortable she didn't come across as stalling, with the stuttering and so forth. It wasn't a good performance but she has already delivered one of those. Woefully uninformed? I guess if being able to talk intelligently about pretty much every question is woefully uninformed, than o.k. Next time you lose one hand out of 20 remind me tell you what a joke of a player you are.
Another hit and run post with no defense of his position.Nice seeing you All in.
no defense? hit and run? man u r lost.shelling and bombing, what explanation/defence is req'd? u r on the internet, it's not hard to find unbiased news.no defense, lol. it's common knowledge in the rest of the world.