September Goals

Wow, I think you might be on to something there. That two and a half week stretch where I didn't post here was my worst stretch all year.
pretty sure i goaded you back.hopefully tourney score was on your own money, or do you owe some to your backer?- Jordan
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brag: £760 tourney cash tonight.Beat: All goes to clear make up.Variance: Finished 4th by spewing out horribly, drawing dead in a massive pot when a shortstack had <5bb left. If I'd folded I was almost guaranteed at least £1k.

So I may potentially have someone who is basically just rich and wants to throw a stake my way of around $5000. Some terms I think are reasonable are: Option 1: 50/50 split of all winningsOption 2: 60/40 split of winnings, but I retain my RB (bit more trouble for me to keep accurate records)He has the option to pull the plug if I am down $2kI havent established a point where I could call it quits either, but that would be a part of it. He is allowed to check my results, but not hover over me while I play. Any other major points to consider?

yea, you can't jump limits and lose all the money like the 2nd guy i backed did.
Yeah thats actually a stipulation I have instead of one that he would have (he is pretty clueless on poker). I told him that I am still working my way back up and would continue to play smaller until I felt comfortable at each limit.Edit: Jordan...Do the two options seem pretty reasonable in terms of the split?
So I may potentially have someone who is basically just rich and wants to throw a stake my way of around $5000. Some terms I think are reasonable are: Option 1: 50/50 split of all winningsOption 2: 60/40 split of winnings, but I retain my RB (bit more trouble for me to keep accurate records)He has the option to pull the plug if I am down $2kI havent established a point where I could call it quits either, but that would be a part of it. He is allowed to check my results, but not hover over me while I play. Any other major points to consider?
I can't say I know much about this stuff, but you may want to sort out if you're going to use makeup and if your friend doesn't play much poker that there will be swings and all that.
yea, you can't jump limits and lose all the money like the 2nd guy i backed did.
:club:

if i were him, i'd have something in writing that if u did something stupid, like lose 5k in a night or w/e jumping limits, then you owe me $xk.otherwise i'd do 50/50, until you could have ur own br and go on your own, or get an increased % for yourself. i did that with acid.- Jordan

OK, let's see how lucky this forum is. It worked for the donkament, so here's my cash game graph for the month.septev.png
I'm in pain just looking at that :club:
OK, let's see how lucky this forum is. It worked for the donkament, so here's my cash game graph for the month.septev.png
With the swings that you have, how are you handling yourself mentally?
I can't say I know much about this stuff, but you may want to sort out if you're going to use makeup
WTF, i'm majorly confused about all the 'makeup' comments?? - i'll be a little dissapointed if it doesn't involve Simo or Matt putting lipstick on
WTF, i'm majorly confused about all the 'makeup' comments?? - i'll be a little dissapointed if it doesn't involve Simo or Matt putting lipstick on
Makeup means you have to pay back any losses you made during a staking deal with your next profits.IE, you do a 50-50 tourney deal with makeup, if you were to play 15 FTOPs events and not cash in any, then your stakee would take 100% of your winnings until you get back to positive
I am willing to pay to see this.
With the swings that you have, how are you handling yourself mentally?
Really well actually. I've gotten to the point that I rarely tilt and if I do, it's not some all-encompassing thing where I'm going crazy for a whole session, I usually just play more hands for 10 or 15 minutes, maybe throw in one bad bluff or bad call on the river.
Septembers almost done. I hope everyones reaching their goals.
LOL Downswings FTW