• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I am trying 4 sit n goes right now, 3 18 mans and a 45 man.
GLGL(Cubs have the day off, good choice)
looooooooooooool
Also how many buyins should I have for the level I'm playing at? Let's assume I am playing all 18 man SNG's.Sorry for newb questions I am new to sit n gos!!
You work, so buyins don't matter. Play whatever level you feel comfortable at.I really don't like playing 18 man as the payouts don't seem all that much. I enjoy playing the 45man or 90 man turbo dbl-stack on FTP. But if I really don't feel like playing that long then I'll just play 9-man SNGs.Results?
OK I am trying 4 sit n goes right now, 3 18 mans and a 45 man.
I try to avoid mixing different size SnGs at the same time. 18's play more like STTs, while 45's play more like MTTs. I find that when I play both types at the same time my MTT strategy infects my STT game, and vice-versa.
These are fun! Should I be playing to cash in these or to win them? I'm assuming win.
That's the thing with SNG's. There is a lot more to bubble play then normal MTT's. You are playing to win, but at the same time you are playing to cash. As people move up in SNG's - particularly STT's and 18 man - the biggest improvement in the opponents game is generally the bubble play. There are posts in strat about this now. A lot more ICM comes into play with these.Four has a good forum on STT's. 18 man would fall into this category even though it's two tables.
learn to play more tables at once and you will make a lot more $$/hr
TBH.. I haven't found this to be true at all...I tried 6 tabling for around 2.5 weeks.. My hourly rate was MUCHHHHHHHHHH less when I 6 tabled then when I 2-tabled. I really believe multitabling is not near as successful as stick with 2-4 tables.. You're just able to focus more.. Yes, there are softwares to help "focus" for you, but it's not the same.. Multitabling at a point where you basically follow 1 distinct strategy is jut not near as effective as being able to focus on each game with clear concentration.Just my opinion, maybe I just can't multitask as good as some..
TBH.. I haven't found this to be true at all...I tried 6 tabling for around 2.5 weeks.. My hourly rate was MUCHHHHHHHHHH less when I 6 tabled then when I 2-tabled. I really believe multitabling is not near as successful as stick with 2-4 tables.. You're just able to focus more.. Yes, there are softwares to help "focus" for you, but it's not the same.. Multitabling at a point where you basically follow 1 distinct strategy is jut not near as effective as being able to focus on each game with clear concentration.Just my opinion, maybe I just can't multitask as good as some..
I totally agree with this for 6 max cash games (@ 1/2nl and 2/4nl) that I was playing for the past 8 months. Playing just two tables maximum was taking up all my time noting alot about players and generally getting a feel for the table. Usually 4 table sngs and tbh if i did any more in the 6 max ones then i'm pretty sure i would either be a robot or just be playing horrid. But not to say its not possible (dave and many others do) I've just found that personally 4 is my limit for 6 max sngs. Maybe 9 man I could do 6-10 due to the total standardness of them. Out of curiosity (and feel free not to answer) but how much would each person say they are making on an average day/ playing on average. Usually I'm playing anywhere from 25-35 (turbo 6 max) a day, usually 36$ stake and making maybe on average $150/200 a day for the past 3/4 weeks. Yes there have been +$400 days, and also -$300 days. Don't know if thats good or not really or on the v low end of what people make from them obv my sample size is a measly 600 sngs. TBH I'm only playing them till the end of next month and just seeing how profitable they are and taking a nice healthy break from cash.

I always like to get in 20 a day..Generally, I'd say my average with $13 6 max Turbos is generally 50-70 a day.... On a bad day I lose about 30.. Mainly because I quit when I know things just won't turn around..Great days are around 200..So basically, assuming I make at least some in the Battle of the Planets, my goal is to make 500 a week...

I want to play more but I only have one moniter. I will buy a new one soon.Back when I first started playing online (about 8 months ago) I onlymade around $1850 over about 2000 sngs mostly $11 6 max.The last 500 or so I have been playing 9 handed sngs playing 2 at a time and havemade around $1200. ATM I am pulling down anywhere from $50-$120 a day.

How many SNGs did you play while 6 tabling?

Am I just making errors today? I feel I am.can someone just give me the "insta push" or "insta fold"?Full Tilt Poker Game #7633393700: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (58066913), Table 1 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:49:30 ET - 2008/08/13Seat 1: hugeman1 (6,600)Seat 2: O2Sully (1,460)Seat 5: TougherFish (180)Seat 7: ERNIEMACCARONI (1,090)Seat 8: Cam Llewellyn (1,180)Seat 9: Mathieubohr (2,990)O2Sully posts the small blind of 100TougherFish posts the big blind of 180, and is all inThe button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Cam Llewellyn [Jc Qd]ERNIEMACCARONI foldsCam Llewellyn raises to 1,180, and is all inMathieubohr has 15 seconds left to actMathieubohr has requested TIMEMathieubohr calls 1,180hugeman1 foldsO2Sully foldsCam Llewellyn shows [Jc Qd]Mathieubohr shows [Kd Ks]TougherFish shows [Jh 6s]*** FLOP *** [8s 9h 6h]*** TURN *** [8s 9h 6h] [Js]*** RIVER *** [8s 9h 6h Js] [Kc]Cam Llewellyn shows a pair of JacksMathieubohr shows three of a kind, KingsMathieubohr wins the side pot (2,000) with three of a kind, KingsTougherFish shows two pair, Jacks and SixesMathieubohr wins the main pot (640) with three of a kind, KingsTougherFish stands upCam Llewellyn stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2,640 Main pot 640. Side pot 2,000. | Rake 0Board: [8s 9h 6h Js Kc]Seat 1: hugeman1 (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: O2Sully (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: TougherFish (big blind) showed [Jh 6s] and lost with two pair, Jacks and SixesSeat 7: ERNIEMACCARONI didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: Cam Llewellyn showed [Jc Qd] and lost with a pair of JacksSeat 9: Mathieubohr showed [Kd Ks] and won (2,640) with three of a kind, KingsI am pretty sure this one is an error:Full Tilt Poker Game #7633397885: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (58067010), Table 1 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:49:50 ET - 2008/08/13Seat 2: Calevro21 (1,585)Seat 3: commander99 (3,200)Seat 4: Cam Llewellyn (1,645)Seat 5: brob87 (2,570)Seat 6: shalomRSA (2,385)Seat 7: TougherFish (2,115)brob87 posts the small blind of 100shalomRSA posts the big blind of 200The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Cam Llewellyn [Ac Tc]TougherFish has 15 seconds left to actTougherFish foldsCalevro21 raises to 600commander99 foldsCam Llewellyn raises to 1,645, and is all inbrob87 foldsshalomRSA has 15 seconds left to actshalomRSA foldsCalevro21 calls 985, and is all inCam Llewellyn shows [Ac Tc]Calevro21 shows [4s 4h]Uncalled bet of 60 returned to Cam Llewellyn*** FLOP *** [Qs 2h 5s]*** TURN *** [Qs 2h 5s] [Jh]*** RIVER *** [Qs 2h 5s Jh] [As]Cam Llewellyn shows a pair of AcesCalevro21 shows a pair of FoursCam Llewellyn wins the pot (3,470) with a pair of AcesCalevro21 stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3,470 | Rake 0Board: [Qs 2h 5s Jh As]Seat 2: Calevro21 showed [4s 4h] and lost with a pair of FoursSeat 3: commander99 didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: Cam Llewellyn (button) showed [Ac Tc] and won (3,470) with a pair of AcesSeat 5: brob87 (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: shalomRSA (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 7: TougherFish didn't bet (folded)

also this hand. my head is just not with me for some reasonFull Tilt Poker Game #7633471332: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (58067010), Table 1 - 150/300 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:55:42 ET - 2008/08/13Seat 3: commander99 (3,330)Seat 4: Cam Llewellyn (3,170)Seat 5: brob87 (3,310)Seat 6: shalomRSA (1,725)Seat 7: TougherFish (1,965)commander99 posts the small blind of 150Cam Llewellyn posts the big blind of 300The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Cam Llewellyn [As 4c]brob87 foldsshalomRSA foldsTougherFish raises to 1,965, and is all incommander99 foldsCam Llewellyn foldsUncalled bet of 1,665 returned to TougherFishTougherFish mucksTougherFish wins the pot (750)*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 750 | Rake 0Seat 3: commander99 (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 4: Cam Llewellyn (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: brob87 didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: shalomRSA didn't bet (folded)Seat 7: TougherFish (button) collected (750), mucked

also this hand. my head is just not with me for some reasonFull Tilt Poker Game #7633471332: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (58067010), Table 1 - 150/300 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:55:42 ET - 2008/08/13Seat 3: commander99 (3,330)Seat 4: Cam Llewellyn (3,170)Seat 5: brob87 (3,310)Seat 6: shalomRSA (1,725)Seat 7: TougherFish (1,965)commander99 posts the small blind of 150Cam Llewellyn posts the big blind of 300The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Cam Llewellyn [As 4c]brob87 foldsshalomRSA foldsTougherFish raises to 1,965, and is all incommander99 foldsCam Llewellyn foldsUncalled bet of 1,665 returned to TougherFishTougherFish mucksTougherFish wins the pot (750)*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 750 | Rake 0Seat 3: commander99 (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 4: Cam Llewellyn (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: brob87 didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: shalomRSA didn't bet (folded)Seat 7: TougherFish (button) collected (750), mucked
Looks about right to me, A4 is a clear favourite against almost nothing and could easily be dominated here. And at best you're a 60/40 against Kx really

Hand 1- not really an "instashove" but a shove none-the-less.Hand 2- Without a read that the villian is a nutso, this is pretty bad. Against a random this is a fold 100% of the time. Hand 3- Tough spot. Against an aggro regular im calling here a lot but against a random i probably just fold. I wouldnt make it a habit to always call in these spots but against certain villians i want it to be known that i can make this call. These are all very good hands to post so dont feel like your "your head is just not with you" because these spots can be tough. But keep posting them and you will see a lot of improvement quickly. Good job Kaveros!

ty guys.hand 1 I think i played correctly. QJ is the favorite against bbs random handand most players fold to me there in utg+1 and hope i knock out bbhand 2 I knew the guy had a hand. He was playing very snug for the entiregame and I feel it was a mistake to push. The fact that he raised to 600 was the thingthat made me believe he had a hand, rather than pushing which is the norm when stealing blinds.hand 3 I felt I was beat but I didnt know the player. I feel against a lot of players it was standard to call but I wasnt sure about this player. I still feel strongly it was a fold.As for my head not being with me, it really isnt. i currently crush $12 and $24 and usually donthave a problem making the correct decision, especially in these spots. i dont know what is the matter with me today, i cantdo anything right.

I grind sng's when I need the br boost from donking elsewhere. I have finnally broke down and started playing turbos even though I hate the whole principle of turbos increasing the luck factor. If non-turbos where the same rake I would only play those.There is deffinatly more grinders in the turbos but cutting the time down by about 40% and the lower rake I will try them for awhile.
I play turbos because they end faster (meaning I get more done per hour) andthe players tend to donk it off with A2 off later in the game than they do in regulars.Over a period of around 500-1000 games the luck factor deminishes andwe end up with more profit for reasons stated above.

Some guy just called off 3140 of his 3800 5 handed @ the 200/400 level with 76s after I pushed and after losing a lot earlier I remember why this thread has it's name! Almost jumped up to "get even" but got back to my senses thankfully. Whew

Some guy just called off 3140 of his 3800 5 handed @ the 200/400 level with 76s after I pushed and after losing a lot earlier I remember why this thread has it's name! Almost jumped up to "get even" but got back to my senses thankfully. Whew
BBFIDTS