Is There A God?

[/color]Red- You really make no sense whatsoever here but I'll still try to respond. You don't know how to follow a logical conclusion. If you read what I wrote and then re-read your post I think you'll see it. I was making a simple logical conclusion that complexity is a really bad argument for an Ultimate Creator.
Red is the color of communist, the god-less political system that kills people by the bus load.I think Freud might have something to say about your subliminal choice there.But sometimes a cigar is just a cigarIf we are created by God, then why do you assume we get to disregard Him because your earth bound wisdom says He must have a creator also? The assumption that Him having a creator doesn't trump your responsibility to him as your Creator.So your logic, while making sense to you, doesn't flip my skirt much
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BG TY for answering my question.One of the explanations I have always liked in regard to the age of the earth and the existence of god is:It is said the God created the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th (am I correct on the gist here religious people?). Is it possible that a day to God was a billion years to a human? And that he is currently resting, hence the reason that we do not see a noticeable presence of God right now?Just wondering out loud....

Red is the color of communist, the god-less political system that kills people by the bus load.I think Freud might have something to say about your subliminal choice there.But sometimes a cigar is just a cigarIf we are created by God, then why do you assume we get to disregard Him because your earth bound wisdom says He must have a creator also? The assumption that Him having a creator doesn't trump your responsibility to him as your Creator.So your logic, while making sense to you, doesn't flip my skirt much
I don't have a clue why you brought communism or Frued into this? I'm not the one saying there is an ultimate creator, you are.I said that the most popular argument for God was that the earth is complex. If complexity is a prerequisite to having a creator then it is a logical assumption that God would have one since he would be even more complex. If it isn't an argument then don't use it anymore. Go back to saying things like "Just because I do believe" or whatever.I knew you wore skirts though, faggot, ha ha.
BG TY for answering my question.One of the explanations I have always liked in regard to the age of the earth and the existence of god is:It is said the God created the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th (am I correct on the gist here religious people?). Is it possible that a day to God was a billion years to a human? And that he is currently resting, hence the reason that we do not see a noticeable presence of God right now?Just wondering out loud....
If he is so powerful why does he need to rest?
I don't have a clue why you brought communism or Frued into this? I'm not the one saying there is an ultimate creator, you are.I said that the most popular argument for God was that the earth is complex. If complexity is a prerequisite to having a creator then it is a logical assumption that God would have one since he would be even more complex. If it isn't an argument then don't use it anymore. Go back to saying things like "Just because I do believe" or whatever.
Again, you are saying exactly what I am saying. We're both saying; 'I don't agree with your conclusion about the Watchmaker argument'.It doesn't make sense to me to believe that you get to decide that if God has a Creator than you don't have to answer to Him. Nor does it make sense that you need the existance of God to fit into your criteria based on a level of intelligence that is clearly earth bound. To argue that you know the structure of all things well enough to be able to say that 'complexity means random chance ie Natural Selection because if it means creator than there would be endless creators' is not logical enough to me to give it any merit.
I knew you wore skirts though, faggot, ha ha.
Build a bridge and no calls you BG the Bridge Builder,But you wear ONE skirt...
The one day to God is a million to us theory is one that some cling too to align both evolution and creation.Pesonally I don't buy it because it requires that the word for day be changed to fit the need, not the context when it is used in the Old Testmanet. OBV the same word for day when talking about a guy going to the next village wasn't 1 billion years. etc.I know it make me look dumb to believe in a new earth. I've had Catholic family member tell me I am an embarressment. So I asked him to compare checking accounts and asked my college grad brother in law; "Who's embarressed now?"( although right now I have about $4K to my name liquid so I got nothing to brag about, but it will drive some people crazy that I am bragging about being rich so I feel the need to grant them their desire because I'm a giver. )

On a more serious note, if you are a jedi ( as a lot of people are nowadays ) does this mean your god is george lucas or luke skywalker? and if the religon breaks into factions, will some worship han solo, kath...jabba the hut etc etc I wondered thats all

And as far as the age of the earth.How old was Adam when God made him?I think everyone agrees that he was a man, not a zygot flopping around the dust. He didn't gestate in a shoebox.How old was the first tree when God made it?It probably was fully formed, tall and if cut open would probably have rings.The first riverbed was probably fully eroded into the gorund to give it a direction, unless you think God was unable to make the riverbed while creating water.The first mountain was probably supported by underground magma displacement and teutonic plate shifts.So how old was the earth when God made it?
none of this nonsense proves anything and its sad that you think it does. i like that question on the end as if you have made some big argument. i can see you smiling and saying to yourself "lets see what these people and their "science" think about this LOL!!!" as you wrote it.
none of this nonsense proves anything and its sad that you think it does. i like that question on the end as if you have made some big argument. i can see you smiling and saying to yourself "lets see what these people and their "science" think about this LOL!!!" as you wrote it.
Actually while I was writing this I was adjusting my skirt because I've put on a few pounds...thanks for reminding me.And I'm not trying to prove anything. God is the one that said He made the earth about 6,000 years ago. He's the one with the burden of proof not me. I'm just saying I trust the Big Guy's got an answer.
Again, you are saying exactly what I am saying. We're both saying; 'I don't agree with your conclusion about the Watchmaker argument'.It doesn't make sense to me to believe that you get to decide that if God has a Creator than you don't have to answer to Him. Nor does it make sense that you need the existance of God to fit into your criteria based on a level of intelligence that is clearly earth bound. To argue that you know the structure of all things well enough to be able to say that 'complexity means random chance ie Natural Selection because if it means creator than there would be endless creators' is not logical enough to me to give it any merit.
Sorry but we are not saying the same thing. To clarify for peeps that haven't heard this before.Guy walks through woods and finds watch. It is a natural assumption to assume it was created than coming together randomly through evolution. This argument is used often by creationist to say that since the earth is complex it is a natural assumption to assume it was created.I say that they are ignoring Natural Selection when assuming the earth was created.I am also saying the watchmaker is a great argument for there not being a God. I'm using the Ultimate Watchmaker argument. If complexity means something was created and so on...
Actually while I was writing this I was adjusting my skirt because I've put on a few pounds...thanks for reminding me.And I'm not trying to prove anything. God is the one that said He made the earth about 6,000 years ago. He's the one with the burden of proof not me. I'm just saying I trust the Big Guy's got an answer.
I tend to believe that the earth is made out of material which is pretty damn old. I have a baseball bat made in 2006. If I tested the wood it would tell me it was made 300 years ago. Except it wasn't. I think it shows Gods sense of humor that he chose to use really old shit instead of creating new stuff. If and when I meet him, he will have an answer, if I even bother asking. I mean, at that point, what for? I do hope I get the chance to tell him how funny it is that a certain sector of society works so hard to disprove what they don't believe in, and even funnier how he kept them going in circles. The thing is, though, I don't think he will agree with that thought, I think he will say something along these lines: "No. I didn't plant anything, didn't try to fool anyone, I just did what I did and there you go. If they decided to find reasons not to believe,they found them. If they wanted reasons to believe, they found them. It was all on them. The heart wants what the heart wants." I tend to believe God is laughing but when it comes down to it the answers are very plain and simple. I truly believe that if science wanted to prove God it could, but while science may be pure in in it's goals scientists are not, and when it comes to God what you seek you will find. You can either find God or not God, it's all up to you. Thanks God for that.
Like I said, it's all about the heart. You obviously want to see things a certain way. So, do so. Enjoy. I can tell you this, for a surety- you are not special. God has no plans to try and help you believe- unless you want to. If that's the case, he will find a way. Good luck.
And I'm not trying to prove anything. God is the one that said He made the earth about 6,000 years ago. He's the one with the burden of proof not me. I'm just saying I trust the Big Guy's got an answer.
cult-speak
cult-speak
This always shows your clear lack of ability to counter a point or thought process. Like,just invoking the word cult proves a point or something. All it does is show your dismissive nature of anything God, and when backed into a corner, its' "Cult speak." Very intelligent.
This always shows your clear lack of ability to counter a point or thought process. Like,just invoking the word cult proves a point or something. All it does is show your dismissive nature of anything God, and when backed into a corner, its' "Cult speak." Very intelligent.
No offense but both sides of the God/No God argument spew off lame one liners.
I tend to believe that the earth is made out of material which is pretty damn old. I have a baseball bat made in 2006. If I tested the wood it would tell me it was made 300 years ago. Except it wasn't. I think it shows Gods sense of humor that he chose to use really old shit instead of creating new stuff.
for the (literally) ninth or tenth time, that's no less ignorant a belief than literal creationism. some dating methods use molten/cooked rocks, dated from when they obviously solidified in place - ON EARTH - billions of years ago. then you have the continental drift/plate collision mountain-building followed by erosion filling the oceans with sediments cycle that has obviously been going on for billions of years. and then the entire fossil record of the evolution of higher life forms sequenced perfectly from older to younger rocks over the last 500 million years or more. there is also irrefutable evidence the sun has been burning for billions of years etc. either god is a sadistic trickster who intentionally created the earth in a precise manner so the evidence would indicate it's billions of years old, or it IS billions of years old. stop with the young earth from old materials thing. it's idiotic.
If and when I meet him, he will have an answer, if I even bother asking. I mean, at that point, what for? I do hope I get the chance to tell him how funny it is that a certain sector of society works so hard to disprove what they don't believe in, and even funnier how he kept them going in circles. The thing is, though, I don't think he will agree with that thought, I think he will say something along these lines: "No. I didn't plant anything, didn't try to fool anyone, I just did what I did and there you go. If they decided to find reasons not to believe,they found them. If they wanted reasons to believe, they found them. It was all on them. The heart wants what the heart wants." I tend to believe God is laughing but when it comes down to it the answers are very plain and simple. I truly believe that if science wanted to prove God it could, but while science may be pure in in it's goals scientists are not, and when it comes to God what you seek you will find. You can either find God or not God, it's all up to you. Thanks God for that.
cult-speak
cult speak = "objective external evidence doesn't matter, just listen with your heart and you will find a way/reason to believe". that's typical cult methodology.you and BG are both saying exactly that.
for the (literally) ninth or tenth time, that's no less ignorant a belief than literal creationism. some dating methods use molten/cooked rocks, dated from when they obviously solidified in place - ON EARTH - billions of years ago. then you have the continental drift/plate collision mountain-building followed by erosion filling the oceans with sediments cycle that has obviously been going on for billions of years. and then the entire fossil record of the evolution of higher life forms sequenced perfectly from older to younger rocks over the last 500 million years or more. there is also irrefutable evidence the sun has been burning for billions of years etc. either god is a sadistic trickster who intentionally created the earth in a precise manner so the evidence would indicate it's billions of years old, or it IS billions of years old. stop with the young earth from old materials thing. it's idiotic.cult-speak
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth, and the earth was without form and void. There is no possible way to put any sort of time period in those words,it is as vague as can be. It basically says, God did it, not when. It could very well have been millions of years ago. He could be a trickster, but only to ythose who are dumb enough to spend all there time trying to disprove him. The heart, remember? You can pretend all you like that the Bible paints some sort of timeline when it comes to creation that is based of of years,minutes, hours, etc., but it doesn't say that so I don't do it, why would you?
cult speak = "objective external evidence doesn't matter, just listen with your heart and you will find a way/reason to believe". that's typical cult methodology.you and BG are both saying exactly that.
O.k. You win. Enjoy it. You have 60 some odd years left to enjoy it, then eternity to wonder what the hell went wrong. "But, the carbon testing!!!" "Bwahahahahahahahahaahahhahaahahahahaha."