Stars Support Owns

Yeah we figured that too - the only positive thing is that he'll have no history with which to show he's credible.That was his "hook" to get stake deals and coaching arrangements was that he was apparently a winning sng player with like 1600 games on that account.
This is my angle. Just wait until the time is right, and then you will see the...Um... ignore that last part.

I think you should not be dumb enough to put yourself in a positon to be scammed in the first place. Also, i think it is stupid to get stars involved, they have nothing to do with it you getting scammed, why cry to them about it?

I think you should not be dumb enough to put yourself in a positon to be scammed in the first place. Also, i think it is stupid to get stars involved, they have nothing to do with it you getting scammed, why cry to them about it?
While getting scammed is preventable your post is ignorant and uncalled for. Do you want to do business with a site that could give a shit if you get scammed?
While getting scammed is preventable your post is ignorant and uncalled for. Do you want to do business with a site that could give a shit if you get scammed?
i agree completely.staking is a big part of poker,i manage my roll very well for the levels i play,and when i do get stakes its for shots i couldnt afford to take on my own. they come friends/players who know ive always been an online winning cashgame/sng player for years, this year i made a decision to try and start beating very low stakes mtts with decent success.as a result,i have been put into tournaments i couldnt,or should say wouldnt have played on my own dime because of strict BR rules,but over all have done well for those "putting themselves in a position to get ripped off" in the odd tourny they put me in that just so happens to be out of my price range. and its good for all parties concerned IMO,poker included. just good people dealing with other good/honest peeps (it does happen). ive often wondered what i might have already achieved in poker had i been getting real backing like the crew or one of those guys being coached/backed by the best.whatever,just daydreaming lol...but theres a point there,and its that staking is just such a huge part of poker/particularly tourny poker that its the reason the prize pools weve been arguing about so much lately are is big as they are because of staking(among other things aswell ofcourse) and the likethe fact that the actions of weasels like the one mentioned in the op causing thinking and statements like yours fitz;does just as much damage as the scam itself IMO,again in so many ways the poker community suffers with every such incident on many levels which you may have not even considered.if everyone on the curcuit felt the way you do many of the faces you may or may not know and love,would more then likely disappear over night
He needs to take personal responsibility for his actions.
That's the biggest thing in this whole deal. He screwed probably 5 people out of $1,500 (this time - not counting his other scams). If he acted like a man and owned up to it, I can see giving him another chance. If he approaches the people he stole from, admits he made a mistake, and sets out some sort of plan to get them their money back - good enough. We all make mistakes.His only solution was to ask my buddy for MORE money so that he could play on that and hopefully run it in to enough money to pay off his debt (never once did he mention a desire to pay back the other people he stole from). There was no remorse or even admission that what he'd done was wrong.
ForRealDD said it perfectly. Yes, getting scammed is preventable. Does that mean sites should just turn a blind eye when people are blatently using their accounts to steal thousands of dollars from people?
staking is a big part of poker
Yes, staking is a large part of poker. It wasn't his main way of stealing money though - he got most of it through the "Money Transfer" thread on twoplustwo. Agreeing to swap funds on one site for another, convincing the other person to send their money first, then blocking them from AIM and disappearing with the money they've already sent. It's outright theft. There are consequences for this in the real world. It's a crime. For people to suggest that the sites should not get involved in stuff like this defies logic.
barring major life changing events it doesnt happen. Rehabilitation is a hoax perpetuated by liberals.
that's ridiculous. i suspect that everyone did some stupid things when they were a teenager that they now think twice about and don't do. unless you're lumping in "growing up" with a "life changing event" then you're out to lunch.what has happened to you lately - you've turned into a weirdness-spewing troll it seems?
i suspect that everyone did some stupid things when they were a teenager that they now think twice about and don't do.
If by "stupid things" you mean drinking too much, screwing around, ditching school, driving too fast, then yes, we all did stupid things.I did a lot of dumb things, none of them ever involved stealing thousands of dollars from people though.
barring major life changing events it doesnt happen. Rehabilitation is a hoax perpetuated by liberals.
I imagine you have a very dark hole inside you that you cant quite fill with your hate for liberals, immigrants, and hippies. It is very sad.Josh Hamilton ftw.
lol, pwned!fuck scammers!
Darn..I strongly dislike Mark and would have loved to see Cantu win this just so I could start a thread congratulating Cantu..Sigh..
YESSSS!
I imagine you have a very dark hole inside you that you cant quite fill with your hate for liberals, immigrants, and hippies. It is very sad.Josh Hamilton ftw.
Dude, he said "hole."huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh
immigrants and hippies??
immigrants and hippies??
just guessing at what the other demographic groups are that push your buttons. Those two groups are high on the list for your aveage Fox news viewer. Clearly, I am assuming a lot though.For all I know your name is Copernicus Cesar Chavez and you have every Phish CD ever made.