Main Event Day 6 Thread

what a joke...Off the HookJust before the announcement of "shuffle up and deal," Hellmuth strolled into the tournament area and took his seat. He was dealt into the first hand which he raised from under the gun, winning the blinds and antes. When a floor supervisor was asked about the alleged one-round penalty Hellmuth was to serve, a reply of "it's been overruled" was given.And people think he's not involved in the ub scam. lmao
That's relevant.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellmuth Mixing It Up EarlyJames McManus raised to 77,000 from late position and Phil Hellmuth called from the button. The blinds passed and it was heads up to the flop.The flop fell {Q-Diamonds} {J-Hearts} {7-Diamonds} and McManus led out for 115,000. Hellmuth called and the {5-Clubs} hit the turn. McManus fired again, this time 190,000 and Hellmuth made the call.When the river fell the {K-Diamonds} both players checked. McManus checked quickly but Hellmuth thought for close to a minute before checking behind. He showed {K-?} {Q-?} and McManus mucked. Hellmuth stacked the pot and is now just over 1,400,000 chips.

Hellmuth Mixing It Up EarlyJames McManus raised to 77,000 from late position and Phil Hellmuth called from the button. The blinds passed and it was heads up to the flop.The flop fell {Q-Diamonds} {J-Hearts} {7-Diamonds} and McManus led out for 115,000. Hellmuth called and the {5-Clubs} hit the turn. McManus fired again, this time 190,000 and Hellmuth made the call.When the river fell the {K-Diamonds} both players checked. McManus checked quickly but Hellmuth thought for close to a minute before checking behind. He showed {K-?} {Q-?} and McManus mucked. Hellmuth stacked the pot and is now just over 1,400,000 chips.
Just curious, how many of you would value bet on the end?
I don't get how 2003-2004 would be too long ago, but a 500 person field in 2001 is relevant?
Its one of those questions that there probally isnt a right awnser too but my opinion is that FT the same tourney 3 times in in 7 years with fields of 500ish, 5600 ,6844 is a toughter feat than winning a field of 273 and ft a field of 800 and 2400. Of course if you want to talk about who has been the best tourney player overall in the last 10 years or so i think DH wins with what he has also been able to accomplish at WPTs.
KQ...fish.
Its one of those questions that there probally isnt a right awnser too but my opinion is that FT the same tourney 3 times in in 7 years with fields of 500ish, 5600 ,6844 is a toughter feat than winning a field of 273 and ft a field of 800 and 2400. Of course if you want to talk about who has been the best tourney player overall in the last 10 years or so i think DH wins with what he has also been able to accomplish at WPTs.
Yeah, and I'm not saying I disagree with you _if_ Mike makes it. My op on the subject was just that DH deserved some consideration. If we got into the last 10 year discussion, you'd have to include Mike winning the TOC a few years back too.

With this 3 month layoff to hype the FT and its players does anyone think that if Matusow, Hellmuth or Michelle make the FT anyone else who makes the FT will get any exposure?

blinds/antes really start to get crazy today. 1 mil gonna be a short stack in a few hours.24 15000 / 30000 4000 Sun Jul 13 2008 12:15 PST 25 20000 / 40000 5000 Duration: 120 min. 26 25000 / 50000 5000 Duration: 120 min. 27 30000 / 60000 10000 Duration: 120 min. 28 40000 / 80000 10000 Duration: 120 min.

Actually, I think you're right...Varkonyi's feat of winning the Main Event and then never winning anything ever again is truly the most amazing feat in tournament poker, bar none.
He surprisingly impregnanted a woman..Lets see you do that.

Aaron Gordon Doubles Through Chino RheemWith the board reading QsJh7c6d on the turn, Aaron Gordon got the remainder of his stack all in against Chino Rheem. Gordon turned over 7h7d for a set, while Rheem needed help with Qd10d. The river was the 5s and Rheem's stack was sliced in half. He was left with 2,450,000 while Gordon doubled to 4,500,000.What kind of help could he be hoping for on the river? A power outage...an earthquake...a misdeal?

I saw them in the satellite room, and she's actually fairly good-looking :club:
I think she made the 2nd or 3rd day in the ME a few years ago.

poker news has mikey at 1.5 million and mr hellmuth at 1.6, even though they are short stacked compared to the field they each have 50 big blinds so they are in good shape, not to mention that they are better than everyone else as well